Obama dines and dashes

Well I was on the road with him for 2 weeks and I never saw him with handlers.

Then i am sure you met his vast entourage. They are his handlers.

Syrenn, all presidents have a vast entourage but they aren't handlers. They can have up to and possibly more than 200 srcret service agents, press corp, chefs, doctors, all kinds of staff that travel with him.

I know they do sarah....

They are none the less...handlers. They are there to take care of the details.....and they dropped the ball on this detail.

Syrenn, all presidents have a vast entourage but they aren't handlers. They can have up to and possibly more than 200 srcret service agents, press corp, chefs, doctors, all kinds of staff that travel with him.

I know they do sarah....

They are none the less...handlers. They are there to take care of the details.....and they dropped the ball on this detail.

Actually, I saw a clip of him buying Reuben sandwiches for people in a meeting he was having the other day. He opened his wallet and paid for the sandwiches. So I guess if you want to blame someone for that restaurant being so cheap, you'll have to blame Obama. The bill was paid in the end so that is all there is to that.

I know they do sarah....

Actually, I saw a clip of him buying Reuben sandwiches for people in a meeting he was having the other day. He opened his wallet and paid for the sandwiches. So I guess if you want to blame someone for that restaurant being so cheap, you'll have to blame Obama. The bill was paid in the end so that is all there is to that.

All of it is PR. I am sure the clip of him paying for the sandwiches was a planed out PR shot..... just as this bbq lunch was planned out. One of his handlers dropped the ball and forgot to at least offer to pay for lunch or tip the servers once obama walked out.

It was a stupid mistake on the handlers part... Its wrong to assume any restaurant wants to suck up a bill...and very wrong to assume a severer wants to be stiffed for the "pleasure" of serving the president. When the time comes to pay the bill and they say.... "its one us" that is a different story.

And its all still funny as hell. :)

This is no big deal. I doubt the President actually pays the bill at any stop at all. I'm sure it is handled by staff and someone dropped the ball. Whoever had the responsibility to pay the bill more than likely thought it was someone else's job and followed the President out.

Big deal, who cares, they took care of the bill when the mistake was discovered and Kenny's BBQ got some free press out of it.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over this one.

Immie

$55 probably means a lot to that owner... Who else deserves free luinch?

No no no no, if you have a president of the United States visiting your establishment, you don't charge and then complain about all of the business you got that day. You say thanks for visiting and come back soon.

If it was me and my restaurant, i would have eaten the cost.... it was after all not a huge bill.

But that being said... he and his handlers should never assume that a business wants to suck that up......or that waiters want to be stiffed out of a tip.

I agree, but I don't think they assumed any such thing. I think, whoever had the job of paying the bill was asleep at the wheel. I also agree, that as a business owner, it would be a pleasure to write off that bill and it would not have mattered who was President.

Immie

Last edited:
:lmao:

Does it make it any less funny that he....and his handlers walked out on the bill at the time of sale?

I guess it depends on the angle you take on it, but it also seems as likely it was just an honest mistake.

:dunno:

I filled up with gas a few years back. After filling my tank I went in, got a coffee and paid. Or so I thought. As I got halfway across town I saw on the receipt that o had only paid for my drink. I freaked out to say the least, hoping that they hadn't already called the cops. I turned around and went straight back.

Hehe,

I can hear you now... "but officer, I really was just now turning around to go back and pay for the gas. I thought I had when I paid for the coffee! Honest!!!" :lol:

Immie

No no no no, if you have a president of the United States visiting your establishment, you don't charge and then complain about all of the business you got that day. You say thanks for visiting and come back soon.

If it was me and my restaurant, i would have eaten the cost.... it was after all not a huge bill.

But that being said... he and his handlers should never assume that a business wants to suck that up......or that waiters want to be stiffed out of a tip.

I agree, but I don't think they assumed any such thing. I think, whoever had the job of paying the bill was asleep at the wheel. I also agree, that as a business owner, it would be a pleasure to write off that bill and it would not have who was President.

Immie

Agreed... its the handlers... they dropped the ball. :lmao:

Well I was on the road with him for 2 weeks and I never saw him with handlers.

Stop apologizing for 0bama...

The team fucked up and paid the bill later...

admit it and moveon....

Jeebus....

The White House corrected the oversight and settled up the tab by the end of the business day.

Does it make it any less funny that he....and his handlers walked out on the bill at the time of sale?

No, it's still pretty damn funny. But who hasn't accidentally walked a tab once or twice in their lives? I know that I do it on nearly a monthly basis, but there's alcohol involved in those instances.

The White House corrected the oversight and settled up the tab by the end of the business day.

No, it's still pretty damn funny. But who hasn't accidentally walked a tab once or twice in their lives? I know that I do it on nearly a monthly basis, but there's alcohol involved in those instances.
I agree. This doesn't matter, at least to me.

I just hope there was a good tip, too.

I guess it depends on the angle you take on it, but it also seems as likely it was just an honest mistake.

You obviously don't understand the concept of "honest mistake." George Zimmerman lying about his assets at his bail hearing, that's an honest mistake. Forgetting to pay the lunch bill amidst a busy Presidential schedule, that's deliberate malice.

You obviously don't understand the concept of "honest mistake." George Zimmerman lying about his assets at his bail hearing, that's an honest mistake. Forgetting to pay the lunch bill amidst a busy Presidential schedule, that's deliberate malice.

Though at times it can be tough with text, I do recognize the sarcasm. :thup:

:lol:

Forum List

Back