Obama dines and dashes

I'm surprised anyone would even charge a president for visiting their restaurant. He is bringing a lot of business.. $55? Jeezus how cheap can they get.

$55 probably means a lot to that owner... Who else deserves free luinch?

No no no no, if you have a president of the United States visiting your establishment, you don't charge and then complain about all of the business you got that day. You say thanks for visiting and come back soon.

If it was me and my restaurant, i would have eaten the cost.... it was after all not a huge bill.

But that being said... he and his handlers should never assume that a business wants to suck that up......or that waiters want to be stiffed out of a tip.

they paid for it you asshole

AFTER it got brought to their attention...... of course they paid.... its all about PR.

No one is saying he did not pay for it....

You are saying he deliberately tried to not pay it, though.

As if the President really made a conscious decision to dash out of the restaurant thinking no one would notice.

I don't know how many pounds of brain damage it takes to actually believe that was the case.

I honestly don't.

No, i am saying his handlers and PR people fucked up...again.

Do try and read my posts

The White House corrected the oversight and settled up the tab by the end of the business day.

:lmao:

Does it make it any less funny that he....and his handlers walked out on the bill at the time of sale?

I guess it depends on the angle you take on it, but it also seems as likely it was just an honest mistake.

:dunno:

I filled up with gas a few years back. After filling my tank I went in, got a coffee and paid. Or so I thought. As I got halfway across town I saw on the receipt that o had only paid for my drink. I freaked out to say the least, hoping that they hadn't already called the cops. I turned around and went straight back.

He had bbq at a local DC bbq pit and he didn't pay his $55 bill. :badgrin:

At least he didn't trash this lady's diner and break irreplaceable items likw the Romney camp.

Everyone On The Campaign Trail Should Stop Treating Iowa Diner Employees Like Complete Crap, Okay?

"Stuff got broke. My table cloths they just got ripped off, wadded up and thrown in the back room,"
She says the boom truck she allowed the campaign to borrow to gain access to the roof now has an 8-inch gauge [sic] in it that she'll have to take the time to repair.

The campaign told her to send them an itemized list of anything that was broken, and they would pay for it, but Bauer says that won't fix everything.

"My dad's picture, an emblem my dad gave me, it got broke. Those aren't things you can replace."

Do you really believe this was intentional?

Have you read my other posts?

Yeah. You think it was, then they paid it to cover their ass.

Then you didn't read my posts very well.

I don't think obama did anything other then the PR moment that was planed out.... I said his handlers and PR people fucked up. They assumed that the restaurant would eat the bill and the waiters were happy not to take a tip...... it was not the case. A bill was presented and paid for.......after the fact...and after it was brought to their attention.

Liesmatters (who i was responding to) seems to feel that everyone loves him and will just let a bill go....it would seem that is not the case.

This happens to every campaign. Who are his handlers, you mean his assistant or secret service?

Imagine how easy it would be to forget when the president pops in for lunch and people are rushing over to see him. I'm saying it would have been nice if they had just bought lunch for them and shut up about it. The restaurant probably earned a lot more than they normally do on a Sunday.

Again, they were paid for the bbq.

Why is this even a fucking issue? Why is it being discussed? Are people not allowed to make simple oversights now? And it's not like the Obama camp didn't make good anyway.

Something tells me there'll be a whole new "BBQ-ER" movement.

WHERE'S THE LONG-FORM RECEIPT MISTUR OBUMMUR?!

This happens to every campaign. Who are his handlers, you mean his assistant or secret service?

Imagine how easy it would be to forget when the president pops in for lunch and people are rushing over to see him. I'm saying it would have been nice if they had just bought lunch for them and shut up about it. The restaurant probably earned a lot more than they normally do on a Sunday.

I have had the pleasure to be with him up close and personal for 3 days. He has many handlers hovering around him. This was all their fault.

The bottom line is his handlers assumed that this restaurant and staff were happy to eat the cost for what ever reason.... and did not pay the bill on the way out the door.

A bill was presented...and paid for.

Last edited:

I have had the pleasure to be with him up close and personal for 3 days. He has many handlers hovering around him. This was all their fault.

The bottom line is his handlers assumed that this restaurant and staff were happy to eat the cost for what ever reason.... and did not pay the bill on the way out the door.

Well I was on the road with him for 2 weeks and I never saw him with handlers.

Then i am sure you met his vast entourage. They are his handlers.

Then i am sure you met his vast entourage. They are his handlers.

Syrenn, all presidents have a vast entourage but they aren't handlers. They can have up to and possibly more than 200 srcret service agents, press corp, chefs, doctors, all kinds of staff that travel with him.

Forum List

Back