Obama decries MSM bias! He wants CENSORSHIP!!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Obama decries 'wild west' media landscape
Pittsburgh (AFP) - President Barack Obama on Thursday decried America's "wild, wild west" media environment for allowing conspiracy theorists a broad platform and destroying a common basis for debate.

Recalling past days when three television channels delivered fact-based news that most people trusted, Obama said democracy require citizens to be able to sift through lies and distortions.

"We are going to have to rebuild within this wild-wild-west-of-information flow some sort of curating function that people agree to," Obama said at an innovation conference in Pittsburgh.

"There has to be, I think, some sort of way in which we can sort through information that passes some basic truthiness tests and those that we have to discard, because they just don't have any basis in anything that's actually happening in the world," Obama added.

OK so this guy THINKS the 3 networks were honest! Bullshit!
Read what Walter Cronkite did to 56,000 DEAD americans when he said this on his evening news.
Cronkite’s report, writes Brinkley, was "immediately seen as a catalyst by pundits in the Monday newspapers. . . . Cronkite turned dove, and the hawk Johnson lost his talons." This tracks with what Halberstam wrote in his 1979 book, The Powers That Be:
"It was the first time in American history that a war has been declared over by an anchorman."
Lyndon Johnson was said to have watched the broadcast and exclaimed to his press secretary, George Christian, "If I have lost Walter Cronkite, I’ve lost Middle America."

BUT CRONKITE WAS SO SO VERY WRONG!!! And because of him the TET OFFENSIVE which WAS a victory was pronounced by Cronkite as a DEFEAT worthy of the USA withdrawing. Which we DID!

In the late-January calm of a Lunar New Year cease-fire, seventy thousand communist troops shattered the celebration, attacking more than a hundred South Vietnamese cities and towns. They struck along the coast, then presumed secure. They shelled the big U.S. complex at Cam Ranh Bay and stormed numerous towns in the central highlands. They attacked the mountain resort of Dalat and invaded thirteen of sixteen provincial capitals in the Mekong Delta. They captured the ancient northern capital of Hue and carried the war into the heart of Saigon—even into the U.S. embassy compound.

This was the most daring operation of the war, and Americans watched in horror as the bloody spectacle unfolded on their television screens. They had been told the military situation was in hand, and now those assurances lay shattered in the American consciousness.

But Tet had been a desperation move by North Vietnam, beset by a relentless American killing machine. And the Allied response was awesome. The communists lost ten thousand men in the first few days of the offensive, compared to 249 Americans dead and five hundred South Vietnamese. Overall, throughout the months-long battle, the communists lost nearly forty-eight thousand men. The North Vietnamese had sought to deliver the decisive military blow that would knock the Americans out of the region. They failed.

They failed so miserably that they lost their ability to wage war in the South. Even a year later, as Richard Nixon assumed the presidency, CIA director Richard Helms told Newsweek columnist Stewart Alsop that the communist main force in Vietnam had been decimated in the 1968 fighting so thoroughly that it would take considerable time for Hanoi to rebuild its forces.

Into this military drama, in the first weeks of Tet, comes Walter Cronkite of CBS News. He travels around, talks to people like a real reporter, presumably takes notes. And then he goes home and delivers a report to the American people that totally misses the story. At this pregnant moment of the war, when prospects of victory never looked brighter, he concludes that the war is a stalemate and probably unwindable.
Cronkite's Vietnam Blunder

This is what Obama wants to GO BACK TO! Liberal MSM that is telling like this well known editor of NewsWeek once said: about Bush...

Remember folks... these are suppose to be the objective, hard nosed, bash the president, news people that here is a quote from Evan Thomas that exemplifies this extreme bias:

The Editor of NewsWeek, Evan Thomas was once asked about George Bush and this is his response.
"our job is to bash the president[Bush], that's what we do." Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington, February 2, 2007.http://newsbusters.org/node/10631

RIGHT HIS job was to BASH Bush.
He is a journalist. Unbiased. Objective. Professional. RIGHT??
But when it came to Obama?
This same hard-nosed "bashing journalist"- Editor of NewsWeek gushed about Obama.....
"I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2009/06/05/newsweek-s-evan-thomas-obama-sort-god

Now this is what Obama wants! The unabashed worship of the Democrat/liberal/progressives and all articles positive and all articles negative...NEVER REPORTED!

Pittsburgh (AFP) - President Barack Obama on Thursday decried America's "wild, wild west" media environment for allowing conspiracy theorists a broad platform and destroying a common basis for debate.

Recalling past days when three television channels delivered fact-based news that most people trusted, Obama said democracy require citizens to be able to sift through lies and distortions.

"We are going to have to rebuild within this wild-wild-west-of-information flow some sort of curating function that people agree to," Obama said at an innovation conference in Pittsburgh.

"There has to be, I think, some sort of way in which we can sort through information that passes some basic truthiness tests and those that we have to discard, because they just don't have any basis in anything that's actually happening in the world," Obama added.

Read what Walter Cronkite did to 56,000 DEAD americans when he said this on his evening news.
Cronkite’s report, writes Brinkley, was "immediately seen as a catalyst by pundits in the Monday newspapers. . . . Cronkite turned dove, and the hawk Johnson lost his talons." This tracks with what Halberstam wrote in his 1979 book, The Powers That Be:
"It was the first time in American history that a war has been declared over by an anchorman."
Lyndon Johnson was said to have watched the broadcast and exclaimed to his press secretary, George Christian, "If I have lost Walter Cronkite, I’ve lost Middle America."

BUT CRONKITE WAS SO SO VERY WRONG!!! And because of him the TET OFFENSIVE which WAS a victory was pronounced by Cronkite as a DEFEAT worthy of the USA withdrawing. Which we DID!

In the late-January calm of a Lunar New Year cease-fire, seventy thousand communist troops shattered the celebration, attacking more than a hundred South Vietnamese cities and towns. They struck along the coast, then presumed secure. They shelled the big U.S. complex at Cam Ranh Bay and stormed numerous towns in the central highlands. They attacked the mountain resort of Dalat and invaded thirteen of sixteen provincial capitals in the Mekong Delta. They captured the ancient northern capital of Hue and carried the war into the heart of Saigon—even into the U.S. embassy compound.

This was the most daring operation of the war, and Americans watched in horror as the bloody spectacle unfolded on their television screens. They had been told the military situation was in hand, and now those assurances lay shattered in the American consciousness.

But Tet had been a desperation move by North Vietnam, beset by a relentless American killing machine. And the Allied response was awesome. The communists lost ten thousand men in the first few days of the offensive, compared to 249 Americans dead and five hundred South Vietnamese. Overall, throughout the months-long battle, the communists lost nearly forty-eight thousand men. The North Vietnamese had sought to deliver the decisive military blow that would knock the Americans out of the region. They failed.

They failed so miserably that they lost their ability to wage war in the South. Even a year later, as Richard Nixon assumed the presidency, CIA director Richard Helms told Newsweek columnist Stewart Alsop that the communist main force in Vietnam had been decimated in the 1968 fighting so thoroughly that it would take considerable time for Hanoi to rebuild its forces.

Into this military drama, in the first weeks of Tet, comes Walter Cronkite of CBS News. He travels around, talks to people like a real reporter, presumably takes notes. And then he goes home and delivers a report to the American people that totally misses the story. At this pregnant moment of the war, when prospects of victory never looked brighter, he concludes that the war is a stalemate and probably unwindable.

This is what Obama wants to GO BACK TO! Liberal MSM that is telling like this well known editor of NewsWeek once said: about Bush...

Remember folks... these are suppose to be the objective, hard nosed, bash the president, news people that here is a quote from Evan Thomas that exemplifies this extreme bias:

The Editor of NewsWeek, Evan Thomas was once asked about George Bush and this is his response.
"our job is to bash the president[Bush], that's what we do." Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington, February 2, 2007.http://newsbusters.org/node/10631

This same hard-nosed "bashing journalist"- Editor of NewsWeek gushed about Obama.....
"I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2009/06/05/newsweek-s-evan-thomas-obama-sort-god

Now this is what Obama wants! The unabashed worship of the Democrat/liberal/progressives and all articles positive and all articles negative...NEVER REPORTED!

Cronkite was scum...as is Evan Thomas...and so many in the MSM.

They ARE the fifth column, but few Americans know it.

As I've often copied here and I've yet to see ANY MSM report this that Obama TOLD ALL of he was going to use "TRICKS" Tactics" to fool people into thinking he
was NOT an angry black man!

From his autobiography, "Dreams from My Father"...published July 18,1995 page 94 -95
That's what Pablo had lacked, mostly, not having his driver's license that day,
a cop with nothing better to do than to check the trunk of his car..
[This is Obama BLAMING Law enforcement for doing their job and excusing Pablo! Disgusting"]
Or Bruce not finding his way back from too many bad acid trips, winding up in a funny farm.
Or Duke not walking away from that car wreck...
I had tried to explain some of this to my mother once, the role of luck in the world, the spin of the wheel.

[Remember this is a teen ager explaining to his MOM!! how pompous and arrogant!]
It was at the start of my senior year in high school; she was back in Hawaii her field work completed and one day she had marched into my room wanting to know the details of Pablo's arrest.
I had given her a reassuring smile and patted her hand told her not to worry,
[what a smart-ass condescending spoiled brat!]
I wouldn't do anything stupid.
It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.

[Folks do you understand? This is how Obama has acted as President! "Tricks..tactics"!]
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied.
They were revealed.
Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

Obama went on to hire the architect of Obamacare because Obama believed as Gruber that it would take the "stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass."
Gruber made the comment while discussing how the law was "written in a tortured way" to avoid a bad score from the Congressional Budget Office. He suggested that voters would have rejected ObamaCare if the penalties for going without health insurance were interpreted as taxes, either by budget analysts or the public.

Again remember Obama hired Gruber because HE KNEW it was going to take "tricks" tactics, to get Obamacare and all his other FAILURES to pass!
And Obama has the total audacity to then say Hillary is the MOST qualified to run for President? This from a man who invites rappers who talk like this:
Cuz youza Muthafuckas im so tiired of yall niggaz always talkin
bout hos this, hos that, you tha muthafuckin ho nigg
a

Is he talking about the White House press secretary or maybe all those networks?
Then for the first time I agree with barack.

He's saying there has to be some sort of cure for the ability of some people to live in a false reality of their own making, like you people and your stupid easily debunked shit that you keep passing around like Jesus himself came down and proclaimed it the gospel. Ministry of truth? What kind of fever dream conspiracy theory is that? Checking facts is absurdly easy these days but you people go looking for confirmation instead. There is always someone out there willing to tell you the "facts" you think you already know.

He's saying there has to be some sort of cure for the ability of some people to live in a false reality of their own making, like you people and your stupid easily debunked shit that you keep passing around like Jesus himself came down and proclaimed it the gospel. Ministry of truth? What kind of fever dream conspiracy theory is that? Checking facts is absurdly easy these days but you people go looking for confirmation instead. There is always someone out there willing to tell you the "facts" you think you already know.
So how do you suggest we stop you fascists?

This type of thread from the SAME morons who constantly state that the media is "in the pocket" of liberals????

Make up your fucking minds, morons.....

I really find it hard to believe any American find BO's actions admirable. WTF happened to my country?

I really find it hard to believe any American find BO's actions admirable. WTF happened to my country?
All the redneck dumbasses decided that the apocalypse was nigh because a black man got elected. Everyone else just went on with their lives as if America was still the best place in the world to live.

All the redneck dumbasses decided that the apocalypse was nigh because a black man got elected. Everyone else just went on with their lives as if America was still the best place in the world to live.
Yeah...you fucked up my country.

Yeah...you fucked up my country.
Me? I fucked up your country? Only the worst kind of idiot gets personally insulted by broad social trends.

"There has to be, I think, some sort of way in which we can sort through information that passes some basic truthiness tests and those that we have to discard, because they just don't have any basis in anything that's happening in the world," Obama added.

Obama's comments are outrageous. This should be a HUGE story, but thanks to a compliant press it is ignored like so many tyrannical things the little tyrant has said.

The MSM is the fifth column.

Forum List

Back