Obama declares Gulf Coast 'open for business'

Actually the rain comes from the ocean, lakes and rivers. Where do you think the clouds get the water?:tongue:

I figured this out during my 4th grade science fair. :lol:
And Bay has to be apart of a lake, sea, or Gulf in this case, otherwise it is a Lake.

and did they teach you in 4th grade science how the water came to be in the lakes and rivers?? hard to fucking accomplish without a cloud. DUmmie

But where did the clouds get the water?
Did the chicken come before the egg, or did the egg come before the chicken?

UK scientists just proved that the chicken came before the egg.

I think some people should look up the definition of Bay! ;)

I think you should go fuck yourself. I know the difference cause I live on a bay right next to the gulf,, I showed you the channel we used to arrive into the GOM.. end of story, how did you get to be so stupid?
willow, that bay is STILL a part of the gulf

this is not rocket science

She is still trying to figure out where the clouds get the rain.

what water? you ask where water comes from? :lol::lol: one molecule of hydrogen and 2 of oxygen I think.

:lol: You can't say the Gulf can you? If you do, it will prove you don't know what you are talking about.

If you want the source of the water in Alligator point it is probably somewhere in Tate's Hell State Forest. Water flows to the ocean, not from it.

In the case of St Andrews Bay, it would be safe to assume the water comes from the Gulf. ;)
I think the fact they had tar balls in the Bay proves that. :D

But it wasn't raining while he was swimming, so how did he "swim in the rain?"

It did rain while they were on the boat, so Willow does have somewhat of a point.

He also ate seafood at a White BBQ last week, but was it caught in the Bay or Gulf? Who knows? It is just too much!:razz:

there are gulf shrimp and bay shrimp and they are quite different.

Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea.

You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich.

That- that's about it.

You might want to find the right Alligator Point. ;)
He was in Florida, not Louisiana.

alligator bay map - Google Maps

A boat ride and ice cream cap Obama's trip to Gulf - Yahoo! News

I was actually looking at that when I wrote my post. Since Google Maps uses flash it doesn't update the status bar. My mistake on the post, thanks for catching it.

Still not the Gulf though, any more than San Francisco bay is part of the Pacific.
Then why did they get tar balls in St Andrews Bay? could it be because it is part of the Gulf of Mexico, and is fed by the Gulf of Mexico? :lol:

He was not in St Andrews, he was in Alligator Point, which is about 70 miles further east.

If there is an oil spill on the Mississippi and they get tar balls in St Andrew's does that make it part of the Mississippi? Or does it just means you can get there from here? That far inland I expect that the water is relatively fresh. I have not actually been there, so I do not know for sure, but looking at the map I would say it is not part of the Gulf.

Last edited:
I was actually looking at that when I wrote my post. Since Google Maps uses flash it doesn't update the status bar. My mistake on the post, thanks for catching it.

Still not the Gulf though, any more than San Francisco bay is part of the Pacific.
Then why did they get tar balls in St Andrews Bay? could it be because it is part of the Gulf of Mexico, and is fed by the Gulf of Mexico? :lol:

He was not in St Andrews, he was in Alligator Point, which is about 70 miles further east.

Dude, I already posted an article that said he was in St Andrews, which is where he also stayed and swam.

I think some people should look up the definition of Bay! ;)

I think you should go fuck yourself. I know the difference cause I live on a bay right next to the gulf,, I showed you the channel we used to arrive into the GOM.. end of story, how did you get to be so stupid?

it has water from the gulf, it also has water from other sources, so it is really not the gulf, as I have described the difference are quite remarkable, have you ever seen a bay and then the gulf in person or do you just argue to hear yourself?

Main Entry: 6bay
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English baye, from Anglo-French bai, perhaps from baer to be wide open
Date: 14th century
1 : an inlet of the sea or other body of water usually smaller than a gulf
2 : a small body of water set off from the main body
3 : any of various terrestrial formations resembling a bay of the sea

Alligator Point, is St Andrews Bay. Why is this so fucking difficult?

Last edited:

it has water from the gulf, it also has water from other sources, so it is really not the gulf, as I have described the difference are quite remarkable, have you ever seen a bay and then the gulf in person or do you just argue to hear yourself?
yes, i have seen the gulf and several bays
i lived in Portland Maine for the first 25 years of my life
Portland harbor is IN Casco Bay which is part of the Gulf of Maine, which is also part of the Atlantic Ocean
if one swims in Portland Harbor, one ALSO swims in the Atlantic Ocean

Last edited:
Etymology: Middle English baye, from Anglo-French bai, perhaps from baer to be wide open

yes, right, pull out the dictionary and take it literally, it's not like seeing and experiencing the real live differences in person. I'm totally convinced. NOT.

yes, right, pull out the dictionary and take it literally, it's not like seeing and experiencing the real live differences in person. I'm totally convinced. NOT.
yeah, damn that dictionary
just doesnt fit your definitions

If there is an oil spill on the Mississippi and they get tar balls in St Andrew's does that make it part of the Mississippi? Or does it just means you can get there from here? That far inland I expect that the water is relatively fresh. I have not actually been there, so I do not know for sure, but looking at the map I would say it is not part of the Gulf.

some of it is a mixture of salt and fresh,, we call it "brackish" water,

yeah, damn that dictionary
just doesnt fit your definitions

have you ever been to the gulf? and or a bay?

Forum List

Back