Obama creates faith-based office with wide mission

He's overseeing religious organizations with the intent to monitor and control them.

This is exactly what the Chinese do.

Yea, faith based organizations do terrible work. They ought to be made illegal. We really ought to get rid of them all. While we're at it, we should probably outlaw religion completely. We all know how this would make for a better world.

I'm just curious; how many atheist organizations contribute to the need of the poor and uneducated in comparison to those that are faith based? I'm trying to think of all the great atheist organizations that were there after Hurricane Katrina helping out as much as they could.

you mean like the red cross?
dope.

That's one; I can tell you about thousands of religious organizations of many different beliefs that did much more than the Red Cross. By the way, I donate to the Red Cross every year. After Katrina, I donated a substantial sum for me.

So many of you argue against funding for religious charities, but you demand funding for non-religious programs that may not be supported by those of faith even though those of faith pay taxes just like everyone else. You're so hypocritical it's pathetic.

Salvation Army.
St. Vincent de Paul.
Most missions, many, many hospitals wouldn't exist if it weren't for religious organizations running and financing them.

Yea, faith based organizations do terrible work. They ought to be made illegal. We really ought to get rid of them all. While we're at it, we should probably outlaw religion completely. We all know how this would make for a better world.

I'm just curious; how many atheist organizations contribute to the need of the poor and uneducated in comparison to those that are faith based? I'm trying to think of all the great atheist organizations that were there after Hurricane Katrina helping out as much as they could.

dope.

That's one; I can tell you about thousands of religious organizations of many different beliefs that did much more than the Red Cross. By the way, I donate to the Red Cross every year. After Katrina, I donated a substantial sum for me.

So many of you argue against funding for religious charities, but you demand funding for non-religious programs that may not be supported by those of faith even though those of faith pay taxes just like everyone else. You're so hypocritical it's pathetic.

I called that a mile away. :lol:

yes, NON -RELIGIOUS programs divy benefits despite religious affiliation. hey, bring up ANOTHER faith based organization that has mud on it's gay hating reputation, dude! Catholic Charities.. NOW the salvation army... Here, check out why I don't donate shit to bellringers anymore.

One of The Salvation Army's stated objectives is:

The advancement of the Christian religion as promulgated in the religious doctrines—which are professed, believed and taught by the Army and, pursuant there to, the advancement of education, the relief of poverty, and other charitable objects beneficial to society or the community of mankind as a whole.
The Salvation Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Opposition to hiring homosexuals

The Salvation Army in the U.S. has been the topic of some controversial discussions about discrimination against homosexuals in their hiring practices.[8] According to lesbian/gay newsmagazine The Advocate, in 2001, the Bush administration was "willing to do whatever it takes to perpetuate, support, and defend discrimination against gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender individuals" in exchange for The Salvation Army's lobby support for Faith-Based Initiatives, in what the publication described as a "secret arrangement."[9] The New York Times reported that the Salvation Army believed it had a firm commitment from the White House to issue a regulation that would override local antidiscrimination laws. A disclosure of The Salvation Army's request "outraged some civil rights groups and lawmakers," and resulted in an immediate reversal of a previous promise to honor the request. The Salvation Army maintains that they were "not trying to get permission to discriminate against hiring gays and lesbians for the majority of its roughly 55,000 jobs and merely wanted a federal regulation that made clear that the charity did not have to ordain sexually active gay ministers and did not have to provide medical benefits to the same-sex partners of employees. [10]

The Salvation Army's position is that because it is a church, Section VII of the U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964 explicitly guarantees its right to discriminate on the basis of its religious beliefs in its hiring. To reinforce its position, it threatened to close all soup kitchens in New York City when the city government proposed legislation that would require all organizations doing business with it to provide equal benefits to unmarried domestic partners.[11]

The Salvation Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anything that gives shogut an ulcer is fine with me.

is that your weekly testimony, dogma junkie? Jesus must be proud.

Talk about being a dogma junkie; you want a purely atheistic society based on your views only. Your worse than the right wing nut job fanatics.

Actually, i want the first amendment followed despite your fucking predictable martyr routine, dogma junkie. Read it. And then go cry to your fucking jewish zombie about how unfair Ceasar is.

Here is my final take on it:

If faith based organizations want the money then they must relinquish all rights they have to discriminate against who benefits from them completely. They should also not be allowed to force those who benefit from them into partaking in their religious rituals and chants at any time. This also means that if they have any religious icons they must include ALL other religious icons as well on display. This also includes prayer during a meal not being said unless a preacher from each religion is also given the same amount of time to follow their religious rite. Then I wouldn't care. But they do discriminate (most of them) and they almost always have their idols up on display as well as preachers and most prayer for the meal which all who want to eat must be present. Those deserve no funding from taxes, and should never get funding.

is that your weekly testimony, dogma junkie? Jesus must be proud.

Talk about being a dogma junkie; you want a purely atheistic society based on your views only. Your worse than the right wing nut job fanatics.

Actually, i want the first amendment followed despite your fucking predictable martyr routine, dogma junkie. Read it. And then go cry to your fucking jewish zombie about how unfair Ceasar is.

I think you ought to read it. It says that the government shall not establish any religion. In other words, there cannot be a church sponsored by the state such as the Church of England. That is all that it states, and that is all that it means. It really is quite clear, and it has nothing to do with govenment funding of charitable organizations run by varying religious organizations. But you are obviously too stupid to figure that one out.

No, what you want is to have religion removed from every facet of society possible. Try your schtick in Saudi Arabia. Maybe they'll listen to your stupid drivel.

dope.

I don't know if it's exactly the same as it was but in Vietnam the Red Cross charged for its services. The Salvation Army was the only one there handing out charitable support.

are you talking about coffee and donuts? that's the only thing, other than some courses such as CPR and lifesaving, the red cross has ever charged for and they don't do that anymore.

Some Second World War and Korean War veterans remember the American Red Cross charging troops token fees for "comfort items" such as toothpaste, coffee, donuts, and cigarettes and for off-base food and lodging. The fee suggestion had been made in a letter dated March 1942 from the Secretary of War Henry L. Stimson to Norman H. Davis, the chairman of the American Red Cross. The thought was that allied soldiers were being charged so Americans should be charged too so as not to bring down allied morale. The Red Cross subsequently adopted the Secretary's suggestion as policy. Some[who?] veterans and their families have resented the Red Cross since because of the policy.

To make amends, the American Red Cross issued an apology during Veteran's Day 2007 celebrations,stating "Thank you for your service to our country. And thank you for your support of the American Red Cross. And, now and forever, the coffee and doughnuts are on us." The Red Cross also set up a tent near the World War II Memorial in Washington D.C. and gave away coupons for coffee and doughnuts as they solicited donations for the organization.

American Red Cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you ought to read it. It says that the government shall not establish any religion. In other words, there cannot be a church sponsored by the state such as the Church of England. That is all that it states, and that is all that it means. It really is quite clear, and it has nothing to do with govenment funding of charitable organizations run by varying religious organizations. But you are obviously too stupid to figure that one out.

No, what you want is to have religion removed from every facet of society possible. Try your schtick in Saudi Arabia. Maybe they'll listen to your stupid drivel.

Here, lets BOTH read it, motherfucker.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion
, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

no law respecting an establishment of religion.. repeat that a few times. No law respecting an establishment of religion. Get it, yet? Yes, it has everything to do with making federal policy that RESPECTS AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION by doling out publically collected taxes for your gay hating benefit. I've posted two examples of each against Catholic Charities and the Salvation Army.. Where is your fucking evidence, dogma junkie? Hell, were not talking about gravity of heliocentrism so you shouldnt have a problem defending gay hating, publicly funded organizations like this, eh?

and we both know goddamn well that Saudi Arabia has more in common with your dogma junkie ass than it does me. Why would you pwn yourself by bringing that shit up, nutter? I don't care who you pray to under your rock. Go have fun on YOUR OWN dime. When you insist that the Government support your fucking charity then you open the door for public scrutiny. If you can't handle then then, again, go enjoy your fucking place under a log and take your goofy jewish zombie myth with you.

hell, Fred fucking Phelps apparently qualifies for his "god hates fags" outreach program! I'm sure Catholic Charities and the Salvation Army can hop on board that bandwagon!

jesus fucking christ. When do we get to stop supporting dogma junkies with collective taxes? Faith based programs are worthless. Pandering to a bunch of dogma junkies doesn't solve anything when bush did it and won't solve anything now.

but it will work in palestine and iran huh..............

when did Americans become Palestineans and Iranians? Wow, that was weak as fuck, dude.

:thup:

no lucid response eh.......aren't your fearless leaders dogma junkies pnadering to the masses trying to get a country eliminated.....and here you are tilting at american windmills....

when did Americans become Palestineans and Iranians? Wow, that was weak as fuck, dude.

no lucid response eh.......aren't your fearless leaders dogma junkies pnadering to the masses trying to get a country eliminated.....and here you are tilting at american windmills....

and making claims that palestine and iran have an American first amendment IS a lucid responce?

:lol:

ooook, buddy!

Quote me defending muslim dogma in politics. Just because i'm not about to leap onto your arab hating "kill em all" bandwagon doesn't mean that I would allow sharia law here any more than the jesus zombie dogma. But, if you think you've got something here then, by all means, quote me. I look forward to seeing what exactly it is that you use as evidence.

:cool:

I've never taken glee in watching someone rot from the inside, but shoguned just may be an exception.
Poor girl could make some extra moonshine money teaching the KKK how to hate.

and making claims that palestine and iran have an American first amendment IS a lucid responce?
ooook, buddy!
Quote me defending muslim dogma in politics. Just because i'm not about to leap onto your arab hating "kill em all" bandwagon doesn't mean that I would allow sharia law here any more than the jesus zombie dogma. But, if you think you've got something here then, by all means, quote me. I look forward to seeing what exactly it is that you use as evidence.

do you want zionists driven into the sea......a simple yes or no will do.....

and while you work on your deflection or insult....why don't you link me to my quote where i stated they had a first amendment......

but you are a smart person you know exactly what i am saying about your point of view....you use the same argument to chasties the jews and the west and then in the next breath use it to defend arabs and muslims.....

at the end of the day when you get pissed and spun....like this....we all know you are blowin smoke to cover your double standard....

hehehe.. yea, it sure is hateful of ME to hold an agency collecting funds from taxes accountable for their discriminatory actions!

bring it, puss.

Here, lets BOTH read it, motherfucker.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion
, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

no law respecting an establishment of religion.. repeat that a few times. No law respecting an establishment of religion. Get it, yet? Yes, it has everything to do with making federal policy that RESPECTS AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION by doling out publically collected taxes for your gay hating benefit. I've posted two examples of each against Catholic Charities and the Salvation Army.. Where is your fucking evidence, dogma junkie? Hell, were not talking about gravity of heliocentrism so you shouldnt have a problem defending gay hating, publicly funded organizations like this, eh?

and we both know goddamn well that Saudi Arabia has more in common with your dogma junkie ass than it does me. Why would you pwn yourself by bringing that shit up, nutter? I don't care who you pray to under your rock. Go have fun on YOUR OWN dime. When you insist that the Government support your fucking charity then you open the door for public scrutiny. If you can't handle then then, again, go enjoy your fucking place under a log and take your goofy jewish zombie myth with you.

You're so stupid you can't even comprehend what the first amendment says. Giving federal money to help fund, not soley fund, various charities run by various religious organizations is in no way an establishment of government religion. Only a babbling idiot would think it was. Now, you might have an argument if the money was only supporting the charitable organizations of one given religious group but that is not the case.

Discussing anything with you is pointless because your narcissism is your guiding light.

Last edited:
ooook, buddy!

do you want zionists driven into the sea......a simple yes or no will do.....

and while you work on your deflection or insult....why don't you link me to my quote where i stated they had a first amendment......

but you are a smart person you know exactly what i am saying about your point of view....you use the same argument to chasties the jews and the west and then in the next breath use it to defend arabs and muslims.....

at the end of the day when you get pissed and spun....like this....we all know you are blowin smoke to cover your double standard....

1. zionists, yes. Jews, no.

2. You insinuated that I support religious policy applied to palestine and iran despite my criticism of such being used here in the US where, again, we have a clear distinction. Here, let me quote you:

Any more questions ro do you need some room to flop around?

3. My defense of muslims is not rooted in a validation of their dogma. If you were to pay attention you'd know that my defense of muslims is rooted in their common humanity. This is why I make distinctions between jews and zionists and terrorists and arabs. Don't blame me if your side has the one size fits all spectacles on all the time.

4. read above. I have no double standard. I would rally against the application of sharia law just like I do the application of jesus the zombie law onto the common law. It's funny that all you bitches can do is cry hate and antisemite when IM the one defending the idea of ethnic equality in israel AND the US despite what bullshit burning bushs say about canaanizing a population in order to favor another in a "promised" land. You can tell us jokes about being spun all day long but it's clear that you just don't understand the punchline just yet.

Forum List

Back