Obama Challenges the 2nd Amendment!

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by JimJones, May 22, 2009.

1. JimJones

JimJones Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Across the country ammunition and gun prices are soaring as the demand has gone through the roof. Store owners have lines of people waiting outside on delivery day, as Allen Martin of California told me yesterday on the phone.

Obama is attacking our constitution again. He recently voiced his support against the second amendment for an anti-gun treaty that could regulate and restrict all firearms in the United States as said by Larry Pratt, President of Gun Owners of America.

The treaty was first signed by President Clinton, but was never approved by the Republican Congress. Currently, the treaty has gained approval in 29 other countries and Obama seems to be totally on board with it. Obama is using the increased violence in Mexico as his reasoning. It’s a fact that Obama supports gun bans in Chicago and D.C.

These regulations could affect anything from a BB gun to a hunting riffle. They could even go as far as trying to match insignia’s on bullets and shells, which would mean that it would be illegal to re-use the casings.

- Source: 2008 Philadelphia primary debate –Apr 16, 2008
    Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual’s right to bear arms?
    A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can’t constrain the exercise of that right

Montana is attempting to use his words against him. Recently, the state of Montana has voted on legislation that separates’ its 2nd amendment laws from the federal government. They are trying to pass a law that says that you are not under any federal law if you purchase firearms in the State of Montana, the gun was made in Montana, and purchaser(s) are citizen living in Montana. This removes all federal laws, such as the Brady law. This bill has since been delivered to Washington, but Montana lawmakers have their doubts if it will be approved. This bill will most likely be sent to a Federal court were it will be rejected. However, Montana wrote in a provision sighting the 10th Amendment, which says that each state retains its sovereignty, freedom, and independence, and every power, jurisdiction, and rights, which is not by this Confederation expressly delegated (a person not to act for others) to the United States, in Congress assembled."

Texas is the next state that is following in Montana’s footsteps. If enough states get behind this legislation, the courts will have no choice but to acknowledge the states sovereignty.

The people voted for change but not change in their free liberties. I personally don’t have a gun, but it’s my choice not to have one. It’s my RIGHT!

-JimJones

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. WiseOldMan

WiseOldMan Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Oh my gosh! The second Amendment is under attack.

again,

and again,

and again.

Grow up, you so-called conservatives. You can still go buy guns and bullets in preparation for the End of Times that you are sure is to come any minute (although, if you were true Christians the End Times wouldn't scare you).

Right Wingers are (in perfectly accurate terms): dumb.

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I didn't catch what exactly Obama is doing.

4. Meister

Meister VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,100
    Not a lot of substance as of yet. there was chatter about outlawing gunpowder to circimvent the 2nd amendment. But, right now I think that is just a lot of jiberish. It's not going to happen anytime soon....I think

5. mash107

mash107 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    He's challenged the other 9 amendments in the Bill of Rights, why break the trend? :p

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I don't think you could make a substitute for modern powder at home either. I guess you could make some light magnum rounds with black powder. That would probably be the easiest, cut the magnum load's power down by a third or so. I don't know anything about making smokeless powder, it might be possible to make some form of it at home, but I know you can't replicate the stuff from the store.

7. Hayen Mill

Hayen Mill Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    A conservative would say: "If you didnt vote, you can't complain. "

I prefer: "If you voted, you can't complain"

8. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    You can also go out and abort your unborn child, but that doesn't stop Left Wingers from hyperventilating that the "Christian Right" is about to take away their precious right to commit infanticide.

Kettle for your pot, WOM?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. JimJones

JimJones Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Before I reply I want to say thanks for your reply postings. I’m new to the board and this was my very first posting attempt outside a short post in the intro area. I started a blog (borderlineIQ) -com but can’t post the URL until I have 15 postings here on the board. I tend to write about those in the government (left and right) that are looking to abuse the constitution. So that’s my stick here on this board.

WiseOldMan –First off you must have missed the last line of my posting. I am NOT a gun owner. Second- I am only a conservative when it comes to financial, which is how I live my life. (no to little debt) with a work hard play hard attitude. I am NOT Christian as I am an Atheist, so you won’t find me sticking to my guns (that I don’t own) or religion (that I don’t believe in) as per the statement Obama made. You left “wingers” are so defensive and judgmental before you even have the facts. I felt that I needed to write this posting as it’s a fact that our amendment rights are under attack (more then just the 2nd amendment). If you’re American, why do you ‘not’ care about your rights? After all, these are your rights not the governments.

Hillbilly- Obama went to Mexico recently and came back and talked about bring back a gun bill that Clinton tried to pass, which touches on just about everything in the firearms industry. Check it out!

Meister-I hope you are correct but Obama has talked about it and he does have a hard-line stance when it comes to gun control, which is why I felt it was for real. I can’t believe some of the things Obama as already done so why not this.

Thanks again for your comments on my first post!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845