Obama care: Disastrous in every way

Socialized medicine has never been successful. Why would Obama think his plan would be any different? Power Line - Obamacare: Disastrous In Every Way

Oh it won't be disasterous for the HC establishment.

They're going to make money hand over fist if we socialize demand and payments for same, but keep the supply side capitalistic.

We're spending 18% pof the GDP on HC, now.

Expect it to go to 25% and greater if we initiate a system whereby we ignore the fundamentals of the law of supply and demand.

The solution to HC is to flood the nation with HC providers.

We won't do that, of course because that actually makes sense and the solution will take years before it really starts to solve the problem.

Socialized medicine has never been successful. Why would Obama think his plan would be any different? Power Line - Obamacare: Disastrous In Every Way

Lordy, lordy. Then why do the nations that have good health care systems pay less while their average life spans are longer, old people are healthier, and they have a far lower infant mortality rate than we do?

I think your lies have been too successful in the past.

Exactly where are these successful programs at? Please, tell me.

Sure a fix is needed, but, the Canadian and European plans are not the ones to model ours after.

Oh and I have been cared for in the Greek and UK systems. I have family members who depend on such systems in several EU nations and who also work in those systems.

You people sell this song and dance to someone else. I know better.

I certainly am not denying our problems, but, socialized healthcare is not the answer. Not models like that or even close variations. We have to do better.

FYI, I also understand what it is like to be uninsured in this country, because I currently cannot get anyone to cover me with my health problems. Yet, I don't want the wrong answer, I want a better answer than what Obama is offering.

A surgery my son recently had to have, had we had the EU model, he would have had to wait a year, at least to get it done.

My aunt in Greece who desperately needs a growth removed from her neck cannot get it done because the government considers it a bad investment because she is 89 years old. Even though she is 100% healthy other than that. So as it shuts off her breathing, they lance it and treat it medically, as she suffers.

Sure, go ahead, take socialized healthcare and see what you get. I could continue with factual stories, but, they are out there for anyone who really wants to know them.

We need the correct fix, not a quick fix, the easy fix or the government fix.

It won't fix anything because of our outrageous costs, it will drive us broke just paying for it.

In case you haven't noticed, the current system is driving us broke. Please explain to me how it is that a liver transplant costs around $350,000, with a living donor, here in the US, but in Taiwan you can have it done in a top facility equal to most American hospitals for around $60,000. That is almost six times as much.

The only way to lower medical costs in any significant fashion is to either A Remove the lawyers from the system, B. Remove the bureaucrats from the system, C. Limit access D. Limit technology.

Obama Care at least initially will do none of the above. It will almost certainly add more bureaucrats. You really can't limit technology with out adding even more lawyers to a system that is already up to it's neck in them. So eventually you will find that option C. is the choice and that usually comes at the expense of old folks. As in france where as you get older you are denied access to more and more life saving care.

You are quite right. And once that starts happening, because it won't at first, then people will sit up and take notice and start to understand the ramifications of what they asked for, and by then it will be too late.

Well, the fact is that we already limit access. And with costs continuing to rise, it will only get worse. The current system has hit its peak. It can be stretched no further because the money isn't there, so rationing is on the way. Leave it as is, and within twenty years, the only people with coverage will be those on current goverenment plans and the ultra wealthy. The middle class will no longer be able to afford health insurance. On top of that, companies will not be able to afford it either. We will see companies begin to close their doors because the cost of providing healthcare will keep them from being profitable.

In Taiwan you only have to pay the doctors not the lawyers and inusrance companys, several dozen bureaucrats and God alone know what all else. I also seriously doubt that Health care workers make anywhere near as much as they do here but that's another argument.

Forum List

Back