Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

Bobby_Ray

Rookie
Dec 28, 2008
I hope the Obama administration succeeds some how in finding some workable resolutions to this 60+ year ongoing conflicts mess between Israel, the Palestinians, and the Arabs in the Middle East. I glad that Obama can see that taking one side over the other helps no one, and just keeps these conflicts going. It's time for all this b.s. in the Middle East to be resolved-it's time for this mess to end.

Barack Obama administration 'prepared to talk to Hamas' | World news | guardian.co.uk

So? Israel already said that it would negotiate a ceasefire.

Hamas refused.

Your point?

BTW, Obama already said, in commenting on Hamas, that if someone were lobbing missiles at his kids, he'd expect his government to stop them. So I don't suspect he's going to toss Israel under the bus.

Oh...a housekeeping matter: I deleted your duplicate thread. Threads on this topic belong in israel/palestine section and I'd suggest that you look to see if there are already existing threads on the topic you want to talk about before you create a new thread, because redundant threads will be merged. If youpost the same thread in more than one place, one or both will be deleted.

Thanks.

So? Israel already said that it would negotiate a ceasefire.

Hamas refused.

Your point?

BTW, Obama already said, in commenting on Hamas, that if someone were lobbing missiles at his kids, he'd expect his government to stop them. So I don't suspect he's going to toss Israel under the bus.

Oh...a housekeeping matter: I deleted your duplicate thread. Threads on this topic belong in israel/palestine section and I'd suggest that you look to see if there are already existing threads on the topic you want to talk about before you create a new thread, because redundant threads will be merged. If youpost the same thread in more than one place, one or both will be deleted.

Thanks.
So, delete it, but your hostilities are not going to change the truth or anything else concerning Israel and the mess in the Middle East. It's funny how people like you are quick to assume that people like me don't know what we are talking about, or that we are "anti-semetic" for speaking the truth-but, you never even bothered to stop and question who I am, or anything else. Like I told you on my other posts, my father is a Jew-I refuse to practice the Jewish religion, because Israel is not completely right, and this mess between Israel and the Palestinians, and the Arabs in the Middle East Needs to stop! It seems that Americans are quick to condemn those of us who "DO" know what the hell is going on in the Middle East, and just reject what we have to say, because you think you have all this power over there that really doesn't even exist. Wake up already, because when this mess really gets out of control, it's going to mean WW3, then all I can tell you is, "I told you so." This mess needs to be handled even handedly and fair, while it can still be done!

So, delete it, but your hostilities are not going to change the truth or anything else concerning Israel and the mess in the Middle East. It's funny how people like you are quick to assume that people like me don't know what we are talking about, or that we are "anti-semetic" for speaking the truth-but, you never even bothered to stop and question who I am, or anything else. Like I told you on my other posts, my father is a Jew-I refuse to practice the Jewish religion, because Israel is not completely right, and this mess between Israel and the Palestinians, and the Arabs in the Middle East Needs to stop! It seems that Americans are quick to condemn those of us who "DO" know what the hell is going on in the Middle East, and just reject what we have to say, because you think you have all this power over there that really doesn't even exist. Wake up already, because when this mess really gets out of control, it's going to mean WW3, then all I can tell you is, "I told you so." This mess needs to be handled even handedly and fair, while it can still be done!

Again, I don't have hatred... I have disdain for people like you who think that if you play nice with terrorists they will somehow be nice back. Go read the Hamas charter since you've done so much "research".

You're the one who needs to check your hatred.

Again, I don't have hatred... I have disdain for people like you who think that if you play nice with terrorists they will somehow be nice back. Go read the Hamas charter since you've done so much "research".

You're the one who needs to check your hatred.
I know all about what Hamas has stated about Israel. However, nothing in the Middle East is going to be resolved until the entire mess is handled even handedly, and fair. Israel is no more completely right in all this, than Hamas is completely wrong in all this. And, until this mess is handled fairly, and in a way that both sides are heard, and a compromise is made, then there will be no resolution to this mess, but it will most likely escalate into world war 3. It's just a matter of time if someone with some kind of common sense, and power doesn't step in and try to defuse all this ignorance that has been going on. Come on, do you really think that America is going to be able to support Israel unconditionally forever, and maintain some kind of respectable standing in the world, and in the Middle East? Probably not. And, it's just a matter of time before another nation outside of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict with a whole lot more power than Israel, steps up to the plate, and helps end this mess their way. But, we'll all have to just watch that day come around, because Israel is completely correct in all her actions according to a lot of Americans, and the American government-who by the way is slowly starting to change their position concerning Israel anyway. And, there are plenty of Jews like myself who do not practice under the Jewish religion. And, I could really care less about the Nazis, not every Jew/non-practicing Jew is passive, and will not defend themselves against people who hate us. However, right is right, and the situation in the Middle East must be handled even handedly, and with fairness. How else is there ever going to be peace in the Middle East? Israel eventually worked with the PLO, and contrary to what the American news medias are saying, Israel is presently trying to work out some kind of deal with the Hamas leadership so they can work with them in the same manner as they worked with the PLO, or try to put the PLO back in power in Gaza. However, Israel will not be able to accomplish this by use of force, nor will America be able to help Israel accomplish this if America is absolutely siding with Israel, and not wanting to work with Hamas or the Palestinians and what they need, too. That's just politics, and it's not going to work any other way if progress and peace are to be found in all of this mess.

Last edited:
I hope the Obama administration succeeds some how in finding some workable resolutions to this 60+ year ongoing conflicts mess between Israel, the Palestinians, and the Arabs in the Middle East. I glad that Obama can see that taking one side over the other helps no one, and just keeps these conflicts going. It's time for all this b.s. in the Middle East to be resolved-it's time for this mess to end.

Barack Obama administration 'prepared to talk to Hamas' | World news | guardian.co.uk

If you are going to have peace and coexistence you have to talk. There is nothing surprising here nor anything that will alter the course of what is already going on. To have peace you have to want it more than you want war. I believe that Israel wants peace. I do not think this is true with Hamas which leave talk a meaningless gesture at best...

You are a blatant liar Jillian.

You are full of hatred for anyone who says anything negative about your beloved Israel.

You neg rep me and leave hateful nasty cuss words on a regular basis.

btw, you're the one who leaves hateful nasty negs... so tell it to the marines (and yes, I mean gunny... )

as for *you*, an insane wannabe terrorist and holocaust denier, closet homosexual and woman hater, calling anyone else a liar...

:lol::lol::lol:

What about your hate for me Jillian?

I am saying the same thing these people are saying.

GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!

Others have done a lot. Stop acting like Obama is a savior, he is not. Israel has better relations with it's neighbors than before. The Palestinian issue is another thing, but the ground work has been laid by others. The fact that the Palestinians have authority in the West Bank and GAZA is considered a miracle by some.

Obama is NOT going to fix the Mid East by talking to terrorists. Obama will have to take sides in the same way he did when he said he understood Israel defending itself against rocket attacks.

get a clue dufus

I know all about what Hamas has stated about Israel. However, nothing in the Middle East is going to be resolved until the entire mess is handled even handedly, and fair. Israel is no more completely right in all this, than Hamas is completely wrong in all this.

Being fair and even handed would mean being honest and open, not deaf, dumb and blind. Things are rarely ever shared equally.

The blame...so what is it--- 50/50, 40/60, 20/80? Come on take a stand. You have a big mouth. Where is all the blame in your opinion? Is it shared 50/50? Are all side equally to blame?

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back