Obama Bypasses Congress AGAIN to Mandate Black Boxes for All Cars—Beginning in ’14

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Obama Bypasses Congress to Mandate Black Boxes for All Cars—Beginning in ’14​

By: Pete Winn
December 13, 2012

Bypassing Congress, the Obama administration has issued a proposed administrative rule, which if adopted, would mandate the installation of “black boxes” in all automobiles and light trucks beginning in 2014.

The U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) proposed the regulation on Dec. 7, which it said “would capture valuable safety-related data in the seconds before and during a motor vehicle crash.”

The proposed standard would require automakers to install event data recorders (EDRs)—so-called “black box devices”—to collect specific safety-related data in all light passenger vehicles beginning Sept. 1, 2014. …

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Obama Bypasses Congress to Mandate Black Boxes for All Cars -- Beginning in '14 | CNS News

I don't like the method he used to get those in cars, but I can understand the reasoning. Some car accidents seem one thing at first blush, but another set of eyes might see it differently.

I know it's easy to paint this as a "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU" thing... but the government's been doing that for about 50 years or more (all the Patriot Act did was make it legal), so one more thing doesn't surprise me.

I'm glad SOMEONE is doing something in Washington. Congress hasn't accomplished anything in nearly 2 years....

Just rip it out when you buy the car.

But GOP members were not alone in their concerns about the proposal. Rep. Mike Capuano (D-Mass.) tried unsuccessfully to introduce a measure that would allow car owners to disconnect or disable EDRs

They can call it want they want - it is a spying devise that gives the government more control over us; another attack on our freedom! The devise will need power - so it can be circumvented! :blowup:

Oh yeah, I forgot that they were working on all of those BIG problems like redefining "rape" and introducing "personhood" legislation....

More from the "Hack Who Is Back" .:eusa_eh:

Why is this an issue in the first place? Information gathered from these "black boxes" can make automobiles safer in the future.

Hey Goober, here in NJ when they introduced EZ Pass it was sold on the premise of cutting down on backups at toll booths. Many argued it would be used to track people. "No way" was the response.

Guess how many times they use it to track people.

Guess what else they will use the black box for other than crash data?

Will it help you at the exact moment you are going to crash? No...

I'd prefer not having the government have yet another way to monitor it's citizens.

"Administrative Rules" do not have the force of Law.

When you get yer new car you can rip that mother right out!

Why is this an issue in the first place? Information gathered from these "black boxes" can make automobiles safer in the future.

Hey Goober, here in NJ when they introduced EZ Pass it was sold on the premise of cutting down on backups at toll booths. Many argued it would be used to track people. "No way" was the response.

I'd prefer not having the government have yet another way to monitor it's citizens.

They use EZ-PASS to assist in traffice fines. So? Stop speeding. Or is this the part where you and yours tell us about the black helicopters and that 9/11 was an inside job, etc., etc..?

Oh yeah, I forgot that they were working on all of those BIG problems like redefining "rape" and introducing "personhood" legislation....

More Likely:

1. A Traffic Ticket automatically issued when you are speeding.
2. That info can THEN be sent to your Insurance Agency.

They use EZ-PASS to assist in traffice fines. So? Stop speeding. Or is this the part where you and yours tell us about the black helicopters and that 9/11 was an inside job, etc., etc..?

No it's the part where I say you're an idiot and you can stick your strawman reply and ad hominem attack up your ass. :D

"Administrative Rules" do not have the force of Law.

When you get yer new car you can rip that mother right out!

In the meantime, the cost to procure and install these devices will be passed down to consumers.

With higher taxes, new healthcare taxes, rising costs of living, etc....it's only a matetr of time before one of these straws breask the camels back.

Obama Bypasses Congress to Mandate Black Boxes for All Cars—Beginning in ’14​

By: Pete Winn
December 13, 2012

Bypassing Congress, the Obama administration has issued a proposed administrative rule, which if adopted, would mandate the installation of “black boxes” in all automobiles and light trucks beginning in 2014.

The U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) proposed the regulation on Dec. 7, which it said “would capture valuable safety-related data in the seconds before and during a motor vehicle crash.”

The proposed standard would require automakers to install event data recorders (EDRs)—so-called “black box devices”—to collect specific safety-related data in all light passenger vehicles beginning Sept. 1, 2014. …

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Obama Bypasses Congress to Mandate Black Boxes for All Cars -- Beginning in '14 | CNS News

619d6315f5806b69aa4fd6b418d91bea7930b4bc_m.gif

You crazy fucks never fail to top yourselves.

Forum List

Back