Obama budget defeated 99-0 in Senate

SniperFire

Feb 28, 2012
Inside Your Head
Epic Failure. And that's an understatement.

'President Obama's budget suffered a second embarrassing defeat Wednesday, when senators voted 99-0 to reject it.

Coupled with the House's rejection in March, 414-0, that means Mr. Obama's budget has failed to win a single vote in support this year.'

"A stunning development for the president of the United States in his fourth year in office," Mr. Sessions said of the unanimous opposition.'

Obama budget defeated 99-0 in Senate - Washington Times

'President Obama's budget suffered a second embarrassing defeat Wednesday, when senators voted 99-0 to reject it.

Coupled with the House's rejection in March, 414-0, that means Mr. Obama's budget has failed to win a single vote in support this year.'

"A stunning development for the president of the United States in his fourth year in office," Mr. Sessions said of the unanimous opposition.'

I blame Buoooooooosh :lol:

Obama's speech: "People, people, I wasn't born in Kenya. I just want to turn America into Kenya. Vote for my budge plan to do just that."

This was NOT President Obama's budget. You wingnuts need to read the details.

Are you disagreeing with ABC?
The White House today reacted to news that representations of President Obama’s budget had been voted down by the House and Senate by decrying the introduction of the amendments, by Republicans, as “gimmicks.”

This was NOT President Obama's budget. You wingnuts need to read the details.

Yes, it was his budget:

"Democrats disputed that it was actually the president's plan, arguing that the slim amendment didn't actually match Mr. Obama's budget document, which ran thousands of pages. But Republicans said they used all of the president's numbers in the proposal, so it faithfully represented his plan.

Sen. Jeff Sessions, Alabama Republican, even challenged Democrats to point out any errors in the numbers and he would correct them — a challenge no Democrats took up."

Who cares? The republicans are once again using our nation's budget as a political weapon of mass distraction. NO ONE in congress has the least interest in actually passing a budget.

Oh foe Pete's sake. WHY can't rw's read? Or remember?

Try reading this. You might also want to read other sources.

Or, you could just posting your idiotic and incorrect crap.

Hint: it clearly says that what was voted on was not "Obama's budget" and, in point of fact, from my own search and research, "Obama's budget" has never been voted on.

There's no excuse for not passing a fucking budget. There aren't many more fundamental duties for the Senate.

Would you pass a budget that leads to failure or would you support just because it's a democratic president?

I can't tell you about the motivations of these knuckleheads. I can tell you that they should be ashamed by their behavior. If, that is, politicians could feel shame.

Who cares? The republicans are once again using our nation's budget as a political weapon of mass distraction. NO ONE in congress has the least interest in actually passing a budget.

The House has passed a budget for the last two years.

Harry Reid won't even permit budget debate.

There's no excuse for not passing a fucking budget. There aren't many more fundamental duties for the Senate.

This "budget" was never meant to be passed. The whole point if forcing this non-budget was so Rs could lie about it. That's why it was changed so drastically from "Obama's" real budget and why that particular amendment was tacked on. All part of the pretense of governing the pubs use.

This "budget" was never meant to be passed. The whole point if forcing this non-budget was so Rs could lie about it. That's why it was changed so drastically from "Obama's" real budget and why that particular amendment was tacked on. All part of the pretense of governing the pubs use.
I forget who controls the senate? How many democrats voted to pass the obama budget?

Forum List

Back