Obama budget cuts have little deficit impact

smoke and mirrors folks...

he gives 4 billion to his favorite group ACORN, has a budget that is 3.4 trillion, but is now proclaiming he is going to "save" us 17 billion...

its not saving anything, he is simply spending more elsewhere

17 per year * 10 years.

When folks talk about the cost of Obama's programs or the additional debt he's expected to add they frequently talk about figures that are based on 10 year projections. You can do it for savings, too.

I'm not buying the "folks talk", I want to see a link that states this is projected out 10 years at 17 billion. Because everything changes for the next budget. You can't project out on this stuff...especially from a bigtime spender like Barry.

Sure, I'll back up my assertion.

Here's a WSJ article talking about the 9.3 trillion additional debt the Obama budgets are projected to create -- over the years 2010-2019. This data has been bandied about repeatedly with assertions about how Obama is doubling the debt.

The cumulative deficit from 2010-19 would be $9.3 trillion, according to the report -- $2.3 trillion more than the administration forecast last month.

Big Deficit Projection Tests Obama Agenda - WSJ.com

That is not addressing the 17 billion dollars, Iriemon. This 17 billuion is for the 2010 budget. Obama isn't saying that 2011 will show a same cut. That is just untrue, and is no more than an assumption on your part. By the way...that is one damn scary projection over the next 10 years. But it's who you voted for.

he gives 4 billion to his favorite group ACORN, has a budget that is 3.4 trillion, but is now proclaiming he is going to "save" us 17 billion...

Obama gave $4 billion to Acorn? First I've heard of that. Doubtful.

Wait a minute... he added darn near $1 trillion in spending in his first 3 weeks in office and we're talking about cutting $17 billion over 10 years?

Something is screwed up here.

Immie

More cuts to come.

And if Bush would have spent some of the money he spent on American IN America, maybe Obama wouldn't have to spend as much as he does now.

How much spending would you approve of? What are you basing your numbers on? So really you don't know what you are talking about.

What spending of Obama's is wasteful? What programs don't you agree with? You don't know? So you are just a big mouth conservative who pretends he doesn't get it?

You act like he spent the trillion in 3 weeks.

How much was Bush's spending? And are you fucking aware that Bush didn't include the wars but Obama is? HUGE difference, don't you think?

Don't answer me. Since you won't be honest and admit you are a dumb liar, don't bother replying back with bullshit. I already know what lies you will say. :eusa_hand:

What spending of Obama's wasn't wasteful?

More cuts to come? Seventeen Billion for every Trillion he adds? That is just wonderful. You are so full of shit your eyes must be brown. This if Bullshit and you know it. Before he had even finished with the Trillion dollars he was looking forward to the next trillion.

Yes, Bush spent way too much money. Bush was fiscally irresponsible. Does that relieve Obama from the responsibility of being fiscally responsible?

We should not be spending anymore than we can take in. Right now, we are billing our great grandchildren for your ineptitude. Should we continue doing so?

Most of that $1 Trillion will be spent in the first year to year and a half of the administration and there more planned like it.

Immie

I'm not buying the "folks talk", I want to see a link that states this is projected out 10 years at 17 billion. Because everything changes for the next budget. You can't project out on this stuff...especially from a bigtime spender like Barry.

Sure, I'll back up my assertion.

Here's a WSJ article talking about the 9.3 trillion additional debt the Obama budgets are projected to create -- over the years 2010-2019. This data has been bandied about repeatedly with assertions about how Obama is doubling the debt.

The cumulative deficit from 2010-19 would be $9.3 trillion, according to the report -- $2.3 trillion more than the administration forecast last month.

Big Deficit Projection Tests Obama Agenda - WSJ.com

That is not addressing the 17 billion dollars, Iriemon. This 17 billuion is for the 2010 budget. Obama isn't saying that 2011 will show a same cut. That is just untrue, and is no more than an assumption on your part.

Depends on what you mean. I don't mean he is cutting a new $17 billion every year, but much of the spending being cut is programmic (eg the F-22 program) and without the cuts the $17 billion would be spent every year, now its not.

Obama's Budget: What's Getting Cut? - Federal Eye -

So while $17 in spending is being cut in this year, it has a greater cumulative effect over time.

But I didn't find any reported projections on it reported in the press.

By the way...that is one damn scary projection over the next 10 years. But it's who you voted for.

I certainly agree. But given that the bulk of that increased debt is from changed baseline projections from the recession and not due to Obama's proposals, and given McCain's plan was to cut revenues and increase military spending, I'm comfortable that Obama's current budget projections are better or certainly no worse that what we'd be seeing if McCain had been elected.

Last edited:

i was wrong, they "could" recieve that money as he wants 4 billion set aside for community groups like acorn. i have no doubt they will get some of that money given his extensive history with them...and his 800K campaign contribution to them that he first lied about then admitted it was to get out the vote.

you would have to agree though that this is smoke and mirrors...he claims to cut the budget here, but then increases spending over there

Last edited:
Wait a minute... he added darn near $1 trillion in spending in his first 3 weeks in office and we're talking about cutting $17 billion over 10 years?

Immie

More cuts to come.

And if Bush would have spent some of the money he spent on American IN America, maybe Obama wouldn't have to spend as much as he does now.

How much spending would you approve of? What are you basing your numbers on? So really you don't know what you are talking about.

What spending of Obama's is wasteful? What programs don't you agree with? You don't know? So you are just a big mouth conservative who pretends he doesn't get it?

You act like he spent the trillion in 3 weeks.

How much was Bush's spending? And are you fucking aware that Bush didn't include the wars but Obama is? HUGE difference, don't you think?

Don't answer me. Since you won't be honest and admit you are a dumb liar, don't bother replying back with bullshit. I already know what lies you will say. :eusa_hand:

What spending of Obama's wasn't wasteful?

More cuts to come? Seventeen Billion for every Trillion he adds? That is just wonderful. You are so full of shit your eyes must be brown. This if Bullshit and you know it. Before he had even finished with the Trillion dollars he was looking forward to the next trillion.

Yes, Bush spent way too much money. Bush was fiscally irresponsible. Does that relieve Obama from the responsibility of being fiscally responsible?

We should not be spending anymore than we can take in. Right now, we are billing our great grandchildren for your ineptitude. Should we continue doing so?

Most of that $1 Trillion will be spent in the first year to year and a half of the administration and there more planned like it.

Immie

So you just don't like the liberal agenda. Too bad. Your party lost. We didn't like Bush's agenda either. And his actually caused this great recession we are in right now. So, we will see if Obama's plan works. His spending will get things back to where they should be. If not, there's always 2004.

Yes, there is more to come. Did you think that this would be the end of government spending?

Again, are you aware that Bush's budget didn't even include the wars? Do you even know what Bush's real deficit was? No you don't.

And, again, Bush didn't fix any bridges or roads in America for 8 years. I'm exaggerating, but basically, he ignored America infrastructure and America needs a face lift.

So half of Obama's spending, should have been spent when Bush was in office. But Bush just sent your tax dollars to Dubai, the Caymens and Switzerland. STRAIGHT to his rich buddies bank accounts. And it will NEVER trickle down to you stupid. And it won't make it back to the treasury either.

Bush spent so much that it devalued the dollar. You dumb mother fuckers said that would be good for tourism.

As much as you think you know, you don't know double that amount.

I have been calling them out on this lie forever but Yurt and Willow don't care if it is true. They only care about the GOP. So they'll lie for them.

I may be wrong sometimes, but never on purpose.

I have been calling them out on this lie forever but Yurt and Willow don't care if it is true. They only care about the GOP. So they'll lie for them.

I may be wrong sometimes, but never on purpose.

i just admitted i was wrong on that...

care to recant

So you just don't like the liberal agenda. Too bad. Your party lost. We didn't like Bush's agenda either. And his actually caused this great recession we are in right now. So, we will see if Obama's plan works. His spending will get things back to where they should be. If not, there's always 2004.

2004? WTF Century are you living in? ;)

Where did I say anything about the liberal agenda or that I don't like it? I don't like charging our great-grandchildren for your ineptitude. Plain and simple.

Get spending back to where it should be? That is a moronic statement. I know you are not a moron, but that statement is... well, moronic.

Yes, there is more to come. Did you think that this would be the end of government spending?

Oh, you weren't talking about more spending cuts as you indicated? Another moronic statement on your part You said and I quote, "More cuts to come", but now you say there is more spending to come.

Again, are you aware that Bush's budget didn't even include the wars? Do you even know what Bush's real deficit was? No you don't.

Over spending is over spending. Doesn't make a damned bit of difference.

And, again, Bush didn't fix any bridges or roads in America for 8 years. I'm exaggerating, but basically, he ignored America infrastructure and America needs a face lift.

There are a lot of things America needs that we simply can't afford. The people in Washington don't understand that.

So half of Obama's spending, should have been spent when Bush was in office. But Bush just sent your tax dollars to Dubai, the Caymens and Switzerland. STRAIGHT to his rich buddies bank accounts. And it will NEVER trickle down to you stupid. And it won't make it back to the treasury either.

Again, Bush spent too much. I have never argued anything differently.

Bush spent so much that it devalued the dollar. You dumb mother fuckers said that would be good for tourism.

Funny, but you seem to think it is perfectly okay for Obama to devalue the dollar. You liberals and your double standards!

Moronic statement #3. You struck out.

Funny, I never claimed to know double what I think I know. Funny, but you seem you think you know triple what you actually know and actually you don't know half of what you think you know.

Immie

Look at it this way: In the last stages of addiction the addict might be found in a bar trying to sell his children into slavery for one more fix.

Well that's EXACTLY what Obama is doing, selling our children into debt slavery for one more fix. Because he is too cowardly to govern in a fiscally responsible way.

But obviously you love Obama and will give him credit even for disasterous debilitating policies.

You ready to pay your share of Iraq? $10,000 please. If you are so fucking worried about your grandkids. :eusa_liar:[/QUOTE]

OK, it's irrelevant. I was opposed to the Iraq war from it's first mention. And your $10,000 figure assumes all costs associated with it 40 years into the future, including things like productivity loss.

I'll pay my share of the actual costs today if ya'll Obamabots will demand that Obama balance the budget this year and support a constitutional amendment for a balanced budget.

Deal?

Oh, you weren't talking about more spending cuts as you indicated? Another moronic statement on your part You said and I quote, "More cuts to come", but now you say there is more spending to come.

There are a lot of things America needs that we simply can't afford. The people in Washington don't understand that.

Funny, but you seem to think it is perfectly okay for Obama to devalue the dollar. You liberals and your double standards!

Funny, I never claimed to know double what I think I know. Funny, but you seem you think you know triple what you actually know and actually you don't know half of what you think you know.

Immie

1. There are more cuts to come, and more spending to come. What about that don't you understand? There are things that we need to spend money on, and there are still things that we are wasting money on. So, more cuts and more spending to come.

2. If my roof caves in, even though it will be beyond my budget, should I fix it? Yes you say? Then I guess overspending isn't overspending. I guess sometimes you have to take a loan out to get your business in order and sometimes you might have your business in order and then you overspend. HUGE difference. Bush had a surplus and BLEW IT. Obama was handed a deficit/recession and has to spend his way out of it.

Almost every economist agrees. What makes you smarter than them?

How much of Obama's spending is going towards extending unemployment benefits and to red states? So where is the scam here? That money is being spent inside America and on Americans. Will that lower the value of the dollar? It might. But at least I approve of where the money is going. Who benefitted from Bush spending? Only the top 5%? Oil companies and defense contractors? Where did it go? Offshore.

PS. I'm a conspiracy theorist. I think to solve the devaluation of the dollar problem, the GOP and Wallstreet purposely crashed the stock market. When the market crashed, we lost a lot of our savings, correct? So didn't that take care of the problem of printing so much new money? Bastards!!!

PPS. I admit when I don't know something. So I know that I don't know as much as I think I know. :eusa_shhh:

Hey, sorry for being rude earlier. You were very respectful and replied intelligently. I'm sorry, and I'll try to remember you are a decent guy. Later.

Immie

1. There are more cuts to come, and more spending to come. What about that don't you understand? There are things that we need to spend money on, and there are still things that we are wasting money on. So, more cuts and more spending to come.

2. If my roof caves in, even though it will be beyond my budget, should I fix it? Yes you say? Then I guess overspending isn't overspending. I guess sometimes you have to take a loan out to get your business in order and sometimes you might have your business in order and then you overspend. HUGE difference. Bush had a surplus and BLEW IT. Obama was handed a deficit/recession and has to spend his way out of it.

How much of Obama's spending is going towards extending unemployment benefits and to red states? So where is the scam here? That money is being spent inside America and on Americans. Will that lower the value of the dollar? It might. But at least I approve of where the money is going. Who benefitted from Bush spending? Only the top 5%? Oil companies and defense contractors? Where did it go? Offshore.

PS. I'm a conspiracy theorist. I think to solve the devaluation of the dollar problem, the GOP and Wallstreet purposely crashed the stock market. When the market crashed, we lost a lot of our savings, correct? So didn't that take care of the problem of printing so much new money? Bastards!!!

PPS. I admit when I don't know something. So I know that I don't know as much as I think I know. :eusa_shhh:

Hey, sorry for being rude earlier. You were very respectful and replied intelligently. I'm sorry, and I'll try to remember you are a decent guy. Later.

Apology gratefully accepted.

I will say, I got a little upset as I was trying to converse with you and started to return the attitude. I hope you will forgive me as well.

Funny, about the conspiracy you mention, because I have said the same thing about the Democrats. That they brought the economy down so that they could win the election AND it worked. Don't blame them at all and I hope, I'm wrong. :eusa_shhh:

And yes, you should fix your roof, but there is a limit. Those who govern from Washington, don't understand that either Republican or Democrat.

Got to go for now. /salute

Immie

Look at it this way: In the last stages of addiction the addict might be found in a bar trying to sell his children into slavery for one more fix.

Well that's EXACTLY what Obama is doing, selling our children into debt slavery for one more fix. Because he is too cowardly to govern in a fiscally responsible way.

But obviously you love Obama and will give him credit even for disasterous debilitating policies.

You ready to pay your share of Iraq? $10,000 please. If you are so fucking worried about your grandkids. :eusa_liar:

OK, it's irrelevant. I was opposed to the Iraq war from it's first mention. And your $10,000 figure assumes all costs associated with it 40 years into the future, including things like productivity loss.

I'll pay my share of the actual costs today if ya'll Obamabots will demand that Obama balance the budget this year and support a constitutional amendment for a balanced budget.

Deal?[/QUOTE]

Too many questions to say deal. See, you right wingers want a yes or a no when the answer is maybe/depends.

We should have done that when Clinton handed bush a balanced budget.

You just want to cut liberal social programs.

If Bush didn't hand Obama this mess, he would have balanced the budget better than Clinton.

Just think how bad Bush would have done had Clinton handed him this mess.

I have a relative that works for the city of detroit. She's past retirement age and makes over $50K a year. She sits at a desk, in a skyscraper, and the entire building is filled with administrators who do nothing more than eat up the funds they get to handle Community mental health. I would love nothing more than to fire half the people in that building, including my aunt. ESPECIALLY my aunt. She has more than enough money to retire. And she's taking a job away from a younger person waiting for their turn.

That goes for people who have 30 years at GM or Ford. If you have 30 years and get a pension, Ford should be able to let you go. Make room! Or, don't give them any more Pension $ for 31 or 32 or 35 years. Cap it at 30, then maybe they won't want to stay any longer.

There is a lot of waste in government I would like to see. I hope Obama cuts where needed and spends where needed.

And seeing as you probably live in a red state with that thick ass red neck accent, you should know that your states take more federal dollars than you give, so stop whining. Chances are, the most waste is coming from you.

I will say, I got a little upset as I was trying to converse with you and started to return the attitude. I hope you will forgive me as well.

Funny, about the conspiracy you mention, because I have said the same thing about the Democrats. That they brought the economy down so that they could win the election AND it worked. Don't blame them at all and I hope, I'm wrong. :eusa_shhh:

And yes, you should fix your roof, but there is a limit. Those who govern from Washington, don't understand that either Republican or Democrat.

Immie

Read my last post. Yes, lots of waste on both sides. The City of Detroit waste I was talking about is most definately democratic.

The Dems in the city of detroit are absolutely corrupt because they don't have any competition. I hope Dave Bing will be good for Detroit. He's a business man and the most conservative of the two that ran.

The dems don't have the power to take down the economy. You need the oil companies and bankers to do that. And you know which party caters to them. Drill baby drill!!!

What did Obama propose that was wasteful. You gotta be kidding me!!!! Read the 810 billion dollar stimulus bill it is only 1566 pages long, you can google and download it. Let me see- all of these numbers are in millions or billions, there are so many of them I can't keep count, I am running out of numbers.

1. 50 million for fish barrier removal, in other words breaking up beaver damns.

2. 30 million to study a mouse by San Francisco- Pelosi's ground -any wonder why this.

3. 2 billion for Amtrack, really just another bailout.

4. ????? millions to build a train the runs from Disney land to Vegas- Harry Reid's pet project.

5. 180 million for bonuses for failed AIG execs that Chris Dodd wrote in hoping that no one would notice.

Do you think any of this is going to create thousands upon thousands of jobs for the unemployed??? I sure don't.

On and on and on it goes all you got to do is read the bill. Oh, I forgot the 410 billion dollar Omnibus bill- we are going to study why pigs stink.

Of course, with the so-called transperancy that Obama has promised us all, no one had the time to read the stimulus bill before it was signed. I guess he only does transperancy when it comes to top secret, national security stuff.:lol:

Immie

Read my last post. Yes, lots of waste on both sides. The City of Detroit waste I was talking about is most definately democratic.

The Dems in the city of detroit are absolutely corrupt because they don't have any competition. I hope Dave Bing will be good for Detroit. He's a business man and the most conservative of the two that ran.

The dems don't have the power to take down the economy. You need the oil companies and bankers to do that. And you know which party caters to them. Drill baby drill!!!

The Dems have the power. They started talking about how bad things were. I'm not saying everything was peachy-keen,but they were not all that bad. They started preaching that we were absolutely Depression bound and economic catastrophe was imminent and people believed them. It became a self fulfilling prophecy. Once President Obama was in office, suddenly things weren't so bad. They started talking things up again and all of a sudden things don't seem so bad, the economy begins to improve and everyone is happy.

Economic conditions were ripe for this play and they took advantage of it.

Like I said, I don't blame them for doing it, and truthfully, if things keep going as they have been going the past month or so, by the beginning of the fourth quarter, I'll probably be right back where I was financially before things started to go haywire. Only those who went into panic mode will be cursing the downturn.

Did they do this? or did they do it intentionally might be the better question. I'm not sure, but it seems to me that it did play out in this manner for them.

Immie

Immie

What's the interest on the almost 1 trillion debt he added?
A 2% interest rate is 20 Billion in one year.
Woohoo, great job.

Immie

What's the interest on the almost 1 trillion debt he added?
A 2% interest rate is 20 Billion in one year.
Woohoo, great job.

Here it is again! "Almost one trillion in debt he added." Says who? Sean? Rush? Mark?

Forum List

Back