Obama apology....Question

don't cry, crankypants. i am not responsible for your ineptitude of finding the complete video and transcript.

Hey asshole....if you were too inept or not in the know, you did not need to answer. I did not ask you in partiucular...I asked anyone with an answer.
Sorry to hear you are a lazy ass that has the time to criticize, but not the time to simply say "I dont know".
Must be tough being so bitter all your life. Maybe not tough on you....but tough on those that try to live around you.

i looked it up, i know where to find it. it took me less than 1 minute. if you PM me nicely, i might even send you a link (don't: that was a joke). it is also very clear to me where your are going with your inquiry. that is why i told you to look it up if you were truly interested in what was said, and how.
you just try to find a way to bash obama while trying to appear to be above the fray. of course you failed. i also recommend honesty and anger management and a reading comprehension course. and a diaper change.

Seems you are a conspiracist.
Had no agenda with my question.
Simply wanted to know if he apologized with an explanation or did what he has done in the past....used words to say one thing while having the people hear another.

Looking to bash the man? Truth is....he does not make it hard to look.

Look at it this way, leech.....if he apologized with an explanation....what could I bash?

I understand Obama publicly apologized about promising to air the healthcare debate on C-SPAN and not fulfilling his promise. I did not see the apology nor did I look it up on u-tube as I was not interested in seeing a potentially spliced video of the apology.
For those that saw it live.....exactly what did he apologize for?

1) Making the promise and not fulfilling the promise
2) Making the promise but not being ABLE to fulfill the promise, but wanting to.
3) Making the promise but C-SPAN blocking him from fulfilling the promise
4)Making the promise but realizing it was best not to fulfill the promise.

Yes, I realize some of those choices are the same, but I am putting all possibilities out there so my question is not spun.

So anyway....what exactly did he apologize for?

DO you have a link so I can watch it or read the transcript?

He should have apologized for #1 in my mind which is probably #4 in obama's mind ;).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBzPS8k7rtQ]YouTube - Obama Lies About Open Debate of Health Bill[/ame]

Fuck off ass wipe.

hey, why don't you "help" oldandtired in his concerned inquiry instead of barfing onto the board?

Why not practive what you preach.
Maybe you should get a job first...then practice what you preach......or simply contuinue being a leech and a burden to those that care about you.
Whatever works for you.

oy vey, cliché.

your OP put a burden on other posters and you tried to leech information off them, just to spin it to bash obama. look what you did to the answer you got from VaYank, you transparent hack.

hey, why don't you "help" oldandtired in his concerned inquiry instead of barfing onto the board?

Why don't you crawl back under that slimy rock you climbed out from under asswipe?

i will, when my day of leeching and burdening is over.

you seem involved in the thread L.K......i missed the apology and can't seem to find an article/link to it in google....i wanna see it and make my observation from a place of knowledge.

Maybe you should get a job first...then practice what you preach......or simply contuinue being a leech and a burden to those that care about you.
Whatever works for you.

oy vey, cliché.

your OP put a burden on other posters and you tried to leech information off them, just to spin it to bash obama. look what you did to the answer you got from VaYank, you transparent hack.

So you ARE a conspiracist.
VY gave an answer...I asked for ner to elaborate.....and why? Becuase I did not accept that as answwering my question...and she obliged.

So I ask again, you jobless leech...you burdent o society.....you crying jealous loser....

If he offered a vialid explanation....what could I bash?

For example...if he said "I wanted to, but congress blocked me"...what could I bash?

If he said....I wanted to but CSPAN would not let me....what copuld I bash?

If he said....I wanted to but I couldnt.....with no explanation...I WOULD BASH HIM.

So are you saying that you would not deem him worthy of a bashing if he said..

"I am sorry I made that promise, but I decided I did not want to follow throiugh with it for reasons that I do not feel the American people should know"?

I understand Obama publicly apologized about promising to air the healthcare debate on C-SPAN and not fulfilling his promise. I did not see the apology nor did I look it up on u-tube as I was not interested in seeing a potentially spliced video of the apology.

1) Making the promise and not fullfilling the promise
2) Making the promise but not being ABLE to fulfill the promise, but wanting to.
4)Making the promise but realizing it was best not to fullfill the promise.

Yes, I realize some of those choices are the same, but I am putting all possibilities out there so my question is not spun.

The impression I got was that he was apologizing for not completely understanding the logistics of televising ALL meetings and debates that would occur on the subject.

Show me 3 times he had the debates televised then...ANYONE.

If you can't your argument has no basis.

Why don't you crawl back under that slimy rock you climbed out from under asswipe?

you seem involved in the thread L.K......i missed the apology and can't seem to find an article/link to it in google....i wanna see it and make my observation from a place of knowledge.

i guess it concerns the question by the Utah freshman.

CONGRESSMAN CHAFFETZ: Thank you, Mr. President. It's truly an honor.

THE PRESIDENT: Great to be here.

CONGRESSMAN CHAFFETZ: And I appreciate you being here.

I'm one of 22 House freshmen. We didn't create this mess, but we are here to help clean it up. You talked a lot about this deficit of trust. There's some things that have happened that I would appreciate your perspective on, because I can look you in the eye and tell you we have not been obstructionists. Democrats have the House and Senate and the presidency. And when you stood up before the American people multiple times and said you would broadcast the health care debates on C-SPAN, you didn't. And I was disappointed, and I think a lot of Americans were disappointed.

You said you weren't going to allow lobbyists in the senior-most positions within your administration, and yet you did. I applauded you when you said it -- and disappointed when you didn't.

You said you'd go line by line through the health care debate -- or through the health care bill. And there were six of us, including Dr. Phil Roe, who sent you a letter and said, "We would like to take you up on the offer; we'd like to come." We never heard a letter, we never got a call. We were never involved in any of those discussions.

And when you said in the House of Representatives that you were going to tackle earmarks -- in fact, you didn't want to have any earmarks in any of your bills -- I jumped up out of my seat and applauded you. But it didn't happen.

More importantly, I want to talk about moving forward, but if we could address --

THE PRESIDENT: Well, how about --

CONGRESSMAN CHAFFETZ: -- I would certainly appreciate it.

THE PRESIDENT: That was a long list, so -- (laughter) -- let me respond.

Look, the truth of the matter is that if you look at the health care process -- just over the course of the year -- overwhelmingly the majority of it actually was on C-SPAN, because it was taking place in congressional hearings in which you guys were participating. I mean, how many committees were there that helped to shape this bill? Countless hearings took place.

Now, I kicked it off, by the way, with a meeting with many of you, including your key leadership. What is true, there's no doubt about it, is that once it got through the committee process and there were now a series of meetings taking place all over the Capitol trying to figure out how to get the thing together -- that was a messy process. And I take responsibility for not having structured it in a way where it was all taking place in one place that could be filmed. How to do that logistically would not have been as easy as it sounds, because you're shuttling back and forth between the House, the Senate, different offices, et cetera, different legislators. But I think it's a legitimate criticism. So on that one, I take responsibility.

it starts at 23:30 of this video

msnbc.com Video Player

Whatever works for you.

oy vey, cliché.

So you ARE a conspiracist.
VY gave an answer...I asked for ner to elaborate.....and why? Becuase I did not accept that as answwering my question...and she obliged.

So I ask again, you jobless leech...you burdent o society.....you crying jealous loser....

If he offered a vialid explanation....what could I bash?

For example...if he said "I wanted to, but congress blocked me"...what could I bash?

If he said....I wanted to but CSPAN would not let me....what copuld I bash?

If he said....I wanted to but I couldnt.....with no explanation...I WOULD BASH HIM.

So are you saying that you would not deem him worthy of a bashing if he said..

"I am sorry I made that promise, but I decided I did not want to follow throiugh with it for reasons that I do not feel the American people should know"?

your post is a complete ridiculous mess, as are you. have a nice day.

Loading video now..that transcript is long

Obama said the debates WERE televised on C-span. Considering that, if its true, either LK or VaYank can easily provide 3 examples of a public debate on health care to shut down this argument. "The Majoirty of it (debate) was on c-span"

THat was the only time he adressed it. I'm willing to drop it if someone can show me at least 3 differnet times the debate was done in public (on c-span counts in my book).

Last edited:

The impression I got was that he was apologizing for not completely understanding the logistics of televising ALL meetings and debates that would occur on the subject.

Show me 3 times he had the debates televised then...ANYONE.

If you can't your argument has no basis.

i did not watch any of those in these sites, but it looks like a lot.

Health Care Debate - U.S. House of Representatives - C-SPAN
Health Care Debate - U.S. Senate - C-SPAN

I'm one of 22 House freshmen. We didn't create this mess, but we are here to help clean it up. You talked a lot about this deficit of trust. There's some things that have happened that I would appreciate your perspective on, because I can look you in the eye and tell you we have not been obstructionists. Democrats have the House and Senate and the presidency. And when you stood up before the American people multiple times and said you would broadcast the health care debates on C-SPAN, you didn't. And I was disappointed, and I think a lot of Americans were disappointed.

You said you weren't going to allow lobbyists in the senior-most positions within your administration, and yet you did. I applauded you when you said it -- and disappointed when you didn't.

You said you'd go line by line through the health care debate -- or through the health care bill. And there were six of us, including Dr. Phil Roe, who sent you a letter and said, "We would like to take you up on the offer; we'd like to come." We never heard a letter, we never got a call. We were never involved in any of those discussions.

And when you said in the House of Representatives that you were going to tackle earmarks -- in fact, you didn't want to have any earmarks in any of your bills -- I jumped up out of my seat and applauded you. But it didn't happen.

More importantly, I want to talk about moving forward, but if we could address --

Look, the truth of the matter is that if you look at the health care process -- just over the course of the year -- overwhelmingly the majority of it actually was on C-SPAN, because it was taking place in congressional hearings in which you guys were participating. I mean, how many committees were there that helped to shape this bill? Countless hearings took place.

Now, I kicked it off, by the way, with a meeting with many of you, including your key leadership. What is true, there's no doubt about it, is that once it got through the committee process and there were now a series of meetings taking place all over the Capitol trying to figure out how to get the thing together -- that was a messy process. And I take responsibility for not having structured it in a way where it was all taking place in one place that could be filmed. How to do that logistically would not have been as easy as it sounds, because you're shuttling back and forth between the House, the Senate, different offices, et cetera, different legislators. But I think it's a legitimate criticism. So on that one, I take responsibility.

msnbc.com Video Player

He did not respond to the reason as to why he campaigned about having the debate televised.
If you recall...and I am sure you will not.....he said he wanted the american people to know who was asking for and making deals....he wanted congress both on the left and on the right...to be exposed as they make deals....which, of course, would lessen the liklihood of deals being made simply for votes and not for the best interest of the people.

Exactly which deal was televised? Pharma? Unions? La.? Nebraska? Florida? AMA?

Can you name one deal that was televised...not simply "exposed" after the fact?

Did he address the "deals" part of his promise....or did he simply deflect and "take responsibility" butr without a valid explanation?

Last edited:

msnbc.com Video Player

He did not respond to the reason as to why he campaigned about having the debate televised.
If you recall...and I am sure you will not.....he said he wanted the american people to know who was asking for and making deals....he wanted congress both on the lefdt and on the right...to be exposed as they make deals....which, of course, would lessen the liklihood of deals being made simply for votes and not for the best ibterest of the people.

Did he address the "deals" part of his promise....or did he simply deflect and "take respinsibility" butr without a valid explanation?

what no thanks? just spin and mindless attacks? i am so surprised.

msnbc.com Video Player

If you recall...and I am sure you will not.....he said he wanted the american people to know who was asking for and making deals....he wanted congress both on the lefdt and on the right...to be exposed as they make deals....which, of course, would lessen the liklihood of deals being made simply for votes and not for the best ibterest of the people.

Did he address the "deals" part of his promise....or did he simply deflect and "take respinsibility" butr without a valid explanation?

SO you do not have an answer?
So you are OK with the fact that he took responsibility by blaming the fact that the debate was MOSTLY on TV........and nowhere did he remind you...nor would you care to remind him...that CSPAN was allowed to televise what they have ALWAYS televised.....but not allowed to televise what he promised he would have them televise.

And you wonder why people call you and your kind "mindless sheep" that would accept anything the man says.

So you are OK with the fact that he took responsibility by blaming the fact that the debate was MOSTLY on TV........and nowhere did he remind you...nor would you care to remind him...that CSPAN was allowed to televise what they have ALWAYS televised.....but not allowed to televise what he promised he would have them televise.

And you wonder why people call you and your kind "mindless sheep" that would accept anything the man says.

please do continue. your melting down is entertaining me. don't hurt your hands while flailing around and don't get your tongue caught in the projector, it's hot.

please do continue. your melting down is entertaining me. don't hurt your hands while flailing around and don't get your tongue caught in the projector, it's hot.

So, once again, you have no answer.

So this question is not to you...

Does anyone know if he was asked the follow up question of:

"The 90% of the debate that was televised was exactly what CSPAN has always televised. But your promise was to expose all in congress that make "deals" for votes, yet those were the ONLY things that were not televised. Why did you allow those to be closed to the press when you proimised they wopuld all be transparent?"

Yes...it is a bash....as I have asked on here and the answers I am getting support the claim that he has a way of making it look like he does one thing when in fact he does another.

Most are satisified with his apology.....yet he never actually explained anything. Instead he spun it.

Same old Obama.....nothing has changed.

So, once again, you have no answer.

So this question is not to you...

Does anyone know if he was asked the follow up question of:

"The 90% of the debate that was televised was exactly what CSPAN has always televised. But your promise was to expose all in congress that make "deals" for votes, yet those were the ONLY things that were not televised. Why did you allow those to be closed to the press when you proimised they wopuld all be transparent?"
Yes...it is a bash....as I have asked on here and the answers I am getting support the claim that he has a way of making it look like he does one thing when in fact he does another.

Most are satisified with his apology.....yet he never actually explained anything. Instead he spun it.

Same old Obama.....nothing has changed.

Oh, I see Oldandtired.....you decided to present the question in a way that there is no way someone can spin it.
Well then.....I will not respond because I can not spin it.

WTG you freaking hacks.....silence speaks volumes.

I didn't see any apology. I did see a whole lot of deflection and more blaming others though. Just read Saul Alinsky's 'Rules for Radicals' to better understand this President and today's Democrats. This President actually taught Alinsky's rules to college students. Him and most of today's Democrats follow these rules with absolute obedience. His Non-Apology-Apology is classic Alinsky. Learn your 'Rules for Radicals' people.

Well then, the incompetent clown shouldn't have opened his mouth in the first place.

Christ, it's just another example of the moron speaking without all the facts. Kinda like when he tried to destroy an excellent cops career.

Forum List

Back