Obama Announces “Gay Day” Observance – He And Michelle Will Be Celebrating

Jeeze. Is this the same Obama and wife who said marriage should be between a man and a woman??

Talk about whichever way the wind blows.

As usual, the OP is a lie.

And, as usual, the RW traitors are against equality.

Here's what he really said:

Michelle and I join our fellow Americans and others around the world in commemorating the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia tomorrow, May 17. We take this opportunity to reaffirm that lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) rights are human rights, to celebrate the dignity of every person, and to underscore that all people deserve to live free from fear, violence, and discrimination, regardless of who they are or whom they love.

We work toward this goal every day. Here at home, [The White House?] we are working to end bias-motivated violence, combat discrimination in the workplace, and address the specific needs of transgender persons. Overseas, I am proud of the steps that the United States has taken to prioritize the protection and promotion of LGBT rights in our diplomacy and global outreach.

There is much more to do, and this fight for equality will not be won in a day. But we will keep working, at home and abroad, and we will keep fighting, for however long it takes until we are all able to live free and equal in dignity and rights.

Read more at Obama Announces Gay Day Observance - He And Michelle Will Be Celebrating UFP NEWS

Maybe they can combine it with an African American pride day and then we can really watch some heads explode.

If gays aren't free to pack fudge........are any of us really free. ....... :gay:

This is a first for you but yes, you are correct.

Maybe they can combine it with an African American pride day and then we can really watch some heads explode.
What is there to be proud of?

Equality in the US.

Don't like it?

Leave.
African Americans should be proud of their race because equality? That makes no sense.

I haven't read your posts in a while and had forgotten how you wander all over.

You might try reading what the president said but I doubt that will help.

Michelle and I join our fellow Americans and others around the world in commemorating the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia tomorrow, May 17. We take this opportunity to reaffirm that lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) rights are human rights, to celebrate the dignity of every person, and to underscore that all people deserve to live free from fear, violence, and discrimination, regardless of who they are or whom they love.

We work toward this goal every day. Here at home, [The White House?] we are working to end bias-motivated violence, combat discrimination in the workplace, and address the specific needs of transgender persons. Overseas, I am proud of the steps that the United States has taken to prioritize the protection and promotion of LGBT rights in our diplomacy and global outreach.

There is much more to do, and this fight for equality will not be won in a day. But we will keep working, at home and abroad, and we will keep fighting, for however long it takes until we are all able to live free and equal in dignity and rights.

Read more at Obama Announces Gay Day Observance - He And Michelle Will Be Celebrating UFP NEWS

Forum List

Back