Obama and McCain Debate: Round 2

Bullshit as an attorney, my job is to debate. I never go to work without prearranged answers to every possible question.

What Jillian said and this is debating/politics.

Being a attorney is telling a jury of twelve why you think you should win with rehearsed answers. Being a lawyer is different then being a debater.

I've been on a debate team for three years now in high school, Varsity does not have rehearsed case topics when we debate in a tournament. We speak off the cuff, with our extensive knowledge on a subject if we have any and don't know what we are debating ahead of time as opposition.

Government team will write out the case FIFTEEN MINUTES before the round, so there is little to no time to practice that case to each other.

Last edited:
I'm not watching the debate, but it's fun to watch the Obamabots here agree with everything Obama says and disagree with everything McCain says. Then you have nonpartisans like CrimsonWhite actually giving a play-by-play of who does well on what. Props to him.

The rest of you are sad.

What Jillian said and this is debating/politics.

Being a attorney is telling a jury of twelve why you think you should win with rehearsed answers. Being a lawyer is different then being a debater.

I've been on a debate team for three years now in high school, Varsity does not have rehearsed case topics when we debate in a tournament.

I don't argue in front of juries.

Pretty funny crack about hairplugs John. Why did you call your wife a **** when she joked about your thinning hair? Do you call all women that? You call all asians gooks.

Sorry, that's what came to mind.

Obama: Health care is a right for all Americans.

This is a big statement, in my opinion.

I don't argue in front of juries.

Then in front of who then? A judge?

The point I'm trying to make is you argue in front of somebody with rehearsed answers for questions you knew ahead of time. That's not a debate.

Obama: Health care is a right for all Americans.

This is a big statement, in my opinion.

Well hell bells, the UN doesn't even believe water is a right for everybody in the world.

I agree that is a big statement to make, and I believe he is right.

That is the funniest thing that i have ever heard...

US peacemakers! lmao!

US only ever acts militarily out of the interest of a small group of people.

US have committed more acts of genocide... vietnam, cambodia, Iraq etc.. than any nation in history..

His judgement? He's switched so many of his policies over the years.

It'd be great to figure out if he has great judgement if he actually stuck to one side of the issue.

Well hell bells, the UN doesn't even believe water is a right for everybody in the world.

I agree that is a big statement to make, and I believe he is right.

The question then becomes however, whose responsibility is it to provide the healthcare...and what responsibilities do those who have this right to healthcare have in return?

Then in front of who then? A judge?

The point I'm trying to make is you argue in front of somebody with rehearsed answers for questions you knew ahead of time. That's not a debate.

I don't know the questions ahead of time. I anticipate. Every case has a predictable set of questions. When I haven't got answer, I think on my feet. That is what McCain is doing as well. He has mostly rehearsed answers, as does Obama.

Obama hits McCain on the Liberators and the "quick and easy" comment.

Nice point.

Forum List

Back