Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
yea!, You all voted for having OTHER peoples TAXES RAISED, HOW SPECAIL
Links in article at site

SNIP:
By Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News

White House Correspondent

PostsBy Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 1 hr 39 mins agoEmailShare0Share4Print

President Barack Obama makes remarks on the "fiscal cliff" in the East Room of the White House. (Kevin Lamarqu …Claiming a mandate from his election romp over Mitt Romney, President Barack Obama announced on Friday that he had invited congressional leaders to the White House next week for talks on how to steer the battered economy away from a "fiscal cliff." Obama said he was open to compromise with Republicans—but that any final deal needed to raise taxes on the richest Americans.

"This was a central question during the election," the president said in brief remarks in the East Room of the White House. "It was debated over and over again, and on Tuesday night we found out that a majority of Americans agree with my approach.

"Our job now is to get a majority in Congress to reflect the will of the American people," Obama said. "I'm not wedded to every detail of my plan. I'm open to compromise. I'm open to new ideas. I'm committed to solving our fiscal challenges. But I refuse to accept any approach that isn't balanced."

all of it here
Obama: Americans voted for tax hikes on rich | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
Give that GOP trash hell Obama! No compromise on ending the disastrous Bush tax cuts to the rich!

yea!, You all voted for having OTHER peoples TAXES RAISED, way to go:eusa_clap:
Links in article at site

SNIP:

PostsBy Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 1 hr 39 mins agoEmailShare0Share4Print

President Barack Obama makes remarks on the "fiscal cliff" in the East Room of the White House. (Kevin Lamarqu …Claiming a mandate from his election romp over Mitt Romney, President Barack Obama announced on Friday that he had invited congressional leaders to the White House next week for talks on how to steer the battered economy away from a "fiscal cliff." Obama said he was open to compromise with Republicans—but that any final deal needed to raise taxes on the richest Americans.

"This was a central question during the election," the president said in brief remarks in the East Room of the White House. "It was debated over and over again, and on Tuesday night we found out that a majority of Americans agree with my approach.

"Our job now is to get a majority in Congress to reflect the will of the American people," Obama said. "I'm not wedded to every detail of my plan. I'm open to compromise. I'm open to new ideas. I'm committed to solving our fiscal challenges. But I refuse to accept any approach that isn't balanced."

all of it here

They did too. They were :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: like hell as he spoke the words. They threw their own fellow citizens right under the bus for the sake of money. Now isn't that sumpin? Haven't the hypocritcal democrats accused the white men of being demons for the love of money? I think it's just too damn precious.

Give that GOP trash hell Obama! No compromise on ending the disastrous Bush tax cuts to the rich!

The Bush tax cuts led to an increase in federal revenue and to 52 consecutive months of economic growth. They also resulted in the rich paying a larger share of the federal tax burden.

You can't claim to want jobs and to love workers and then demonize and tax the hide off the people who employ them.

Every single major tax cut over the last 90 years has been followed by an increase in federal revenue and by several years of strong economic growth.

The Facts About Tax Cuts, Revenue, and Growth

And, FYI, the Bush tax cuts gave the lowest rate cuts to the rich and the largest rate cuts to the poor and the middle class. Indeed, the Bush tax cuts took millions of low-income folks off the federal tax roles (i.e., they no longer had to pay federal income taxes).

Finally, someone might want to remind Obama that he only won by 2 percentage points of the popular vote, and that exit polls showed that some 20% of his own voters oppose raising taxes on the rich.

yea!, You all voted for having OTHER peoples TAXES RAISED, HOW SPECAIL
Links in article at site

SNIP:

all of it here

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ke-on-rich-should-be-part-of-fiscal-deal.html

Today, 12:12 PM

It's Begun: Winner of Election says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

Obama says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

Reuters - *20 minutes ago*

Obama's first term - in his own words. Barack Obama's first term, won on a promise of hope and change, featured four years of sobering challenges including the worst recession since the Great Depression, bank and auto bailouts, two wars, the fall of some of ...

This is it. The majority now needs to back the President with more than just a vote. We need to say to our friends and opponents "help, get out of the way"

:clap2:

Stand with the President!

In his first event at the White House since beating Republican Mitt Romney in Tuesday's election, Obama called on Congress to work with him to produce a plan and invited congressional leaders to meet with him next week.

"I'm not wedded to every detail of my plan. I'm open to compromise. I'm open to new ideas," he said.

The "fiscal cliff" of steep government spending cuts and tax increases due to be implemented under existing law in early 2013 is Obama's most pressing challenge after winning a second term.

Aimed at cutting the federal budget deficit, the planned measures could take an estimated $600 billion out of the economy and severely hinder economic growth.

While striking a conciliatory tone toward the Republican House majority, Obama said voters supported his ideas, including raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

"I just want to point out, this was a central question during the election. It was debated over and over again. And on Tuesday night we found out that the majority of Americans agree with my approach," he said.

Time to stand with the President or get out of the way.

The Bush tax cuts led to an increase in federal revenue and to 52 consecutive months of economic growth. They also resulted in the rich paying a larger share of the federal tax burden.

You can't claim to want jobs and to love workers and then demonize and tax the hide off the people who employ them.

Every single major tax cut over the last 90 years has been followed by an increase in federal revenue and by several years of strong economic growth.

And, FYI, the Bush tax cuts gave the lowest rate cuts to the rich and the largest rate cuts to the poor and the middle class. Indeed, the Bush tax cuts took millions of low-income folks off the federal tax roles (i.e., they no longer had to pay federal income taxes).

Finally, someone might want to remind Obama that he only won by 2 percentage points of the popular vote, and that exit polls showed that some 20% of his own voters oppose raising taxes on the rich.

Next to the wars, the bush tax cuts for the rich were the 2nd biggest factor for W causing the economic collapse. Also the majority of americans as a whole favor the rich paying their fair share.
The nation needs to return to fiscal sanity, and ending the horrific Bush tax cuts to the rich will be a huge first step.

cbpp_bush_tax_cuts_deficit_1cef5.jpg

Last edited:

These facts don't matter to those demoguguing.

yea!, You all voted for having OTHER peoples TAXES RAISED, way to go:eusa_clap:
Links in article at site

SNIP:

all of it here

They did too. They were :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: like hell as he spoke the words. They threw their own fellow citizens right under the bus for the sake of money. Now isn't that sumpin? Haven't the hypocritcal democrats accused the white men of being demons for the love of money? I think it's just too damn precious.

tax the fuck outta em. we love us some class war fare. Yay demoncraps.

:eusa_eh:

If they taxed them 100% - it would barely create a small blip on the deficit radar.
A fact that the left just won't address....too busy getting a sugar buzz off the kool aid.

100%? :cuckoo: tax the wealthy at the same rate they were taxed under those sooooo bad Clinton years. :lol:

what a loser you are

If we are going to end the Bush tax cuts, which I think we should, it ought to be across the board. Go back to the rates we had under Clinton for everyone. That includes raising the capital gains rate. I would actually like to see the capital gains rate bumped to 25% or have capital gains claimed as regular income if that reduces the rate for the taxpayer.

I saw after I posted this it was already posted...But it was Dente so, so what:lol:

100%? :cuckoo: tax the wealthy at the same rate they were taxed under those sooooo bad Clinton years. :lol:

what a loser you are

No, what I am saying dumbass is the effect that taxing these folks will have on the scheme of things is incredibly insignificant. Tiny.
However, it will seriously effect 100,000's of small businesses in a much, much bigger way..and you don't do that in a crushing economy.
Now...what do you say about something the President refuses to address that would have a HUGE positive affect on the deficit - reign in bloated entitlements?

stop with the talking points, the election is over.

The rate the President wants was the sane rate people paid during the Clinton years...and we need to go after Hedge Fund Managers and others like Romney who pay such low rates on unearned income.

It is only part of a plan
Boehner walked away from the proposal he was offering: $3.5 trillion in spending cuts over 10 years, smaller tax increases than those laid out in a bipartisan Senate plan and cuts to entitlement programs, something Democrats have pushed hard against. It also didn't include revenues that Obama has insisted be in a final package, namely via closing tax loopholes and ending subsidies for the oil and gas industry.

"In other words, this was an extraordinarily fair deal," Obama told reporters. "If it was unbalanced, it was unbalanced in the direction of not enough revenue." Obama: Debt Ceiling Talks Fell Apart, Boehner Walked Out

Hey why don't you say it?

You want every one elses money?

That's your game. You are a pig who just wants what some one else earned. You are swine who wants the "gubmint" to give you cheese.

But that cheese comes from ripping off some one else. You don't care. You just want what some one else earned.

Except when it comes to entitlement spending.

Hey why don't you say it?

You want every one elses money?

That's your game. You are a pig who just wants what some one else earned. You are swine who wants the "gubmint" to give you cheese.

But that cheese comes from ripping off some one else. You don't care. You just want what some one else earned.

He and everyone he knows has been raised that way.

Forum List

Back