Obama: Americans voted for tax hikes on rich

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stephanie, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    yea!, You all voted for having OTHER peoples TAXES RAISED, HOW SPECAIL
    Links in article at site

SNIP:
    By Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News

White House Correspondent

PostsBy Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 1 hr 39 mins agoEmailShare0Share4Print

President Barack Obama makes remarks on the "fiscal cliff" in the East Room of the White House. (Kevin Lamarqu …Claiming a mandate from his election romp over Mitt Romney, President Barack Obama announced on Friday that he had invited congressional leaders to the White House next week for talks on how to steer the battered economy away from a "fiscal cliff." Obama said he was open to compromise with Republicans—but that any final deal needed to raise taxes on the richest Americans.

"This was a central question during the election," the president said in brief remarks in the East Room of the White House. "It was debated over and over again, and on Tuesday night we found out that a majority of Americans agree with my approach.

"Our job now is to get a majority in Congress to reflect the will of the American people," Obama said. "I'm not wedded to every detail of my plan. I'm open to compromise. I'm open to new ideas. I'm committed to solving our fiscal challenges. But I refuse to accept any approach that isn't balanced."

all of it here
    Obama: Americans voted for tax hikes on rich | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. Black_Label

Black_Label Registered Democrat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +514
    Give that GOP trash hell Obama! No compromise on ending the disastrous Bush tax cuts to the rich!

3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,729
    They did too. They were :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: like hell as he spoke the words. They threw their own fellow citizens right under the bus for the sake of money. Now isn't that sumpin? Haven't the hypocritcal democrats accused the white men of being demons for the love of money? I think it's just too damn precious.

4. mikegriffith1

mikegriffith1 Mike Griffith

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,878
    The Bush tax cuts led to an increase in federal revenue and to 52 consecutive months of economic growth. They also resulted in the rich paying a larger share of the federal tax burden.

You can't claim to want jobs and to love workers and then demonize and tax the hide off the people who employ them.

Every single major tax cut over the last 90 years has been followed by an increase in federal revenue and by several years of strong economic growth.

The Facts About Tax Cuts, Revenue, and Growth

And, FYI, the Bush tax cuts gave the lowest rate cuts to the rich and the largest rate cuts to the poor and the middle class. Indeed, the Bush tax cuts took millions of low-income folks off the federal tax roles (i.e., they no longer had to pay federal income taxes).

Finally, someone might want to remind Obama that he only won by 2 percentage points of the popular vote, and that exit polls showed that some 20% of his own voters oppose raising taxes on the rich.

5. Leweman

Leweman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    They voted the house to dems? Don't recall that happening.

6. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ke-on-rich-should-be-part-of-fiscal-deal.html

Today, 12:12 PM

7. Black_Label

Black_Label Registered Democrat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +514
    Next to the wars, the bush tax cuts for the rich were the 2nd biggest factor for W causing the economic collapse. Also the majority of americans as a whole favor the rich paying their fair share.
    The nation needs to return to fiscal sanity, and ending the horrific Bush tax cuts to the rich will be a huge first step.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  8. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    These facts don't matter to those demoguguing.

9. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    :eusa_eh:

10. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054