Obama admits that he won't work with republicans

I'm just sitting around waiting for all the transparent stuff to start happening. That all starts after they stick the Health Care Reform Bill in the trash can doesn't it? About this time next week when the new Republican Senator for MA comes to DC... Obama will be so depressed that he might actually start doing some of the stuff he promised on his campaign trail to the White House. Then maybe we will see some transparent activity.:lol:

Last edited:
How else should one interpret this?:

Obama records robocall for Coakley - washingtonpost.com

In this robocall, he says that the only way he can do what needs to be done, he must have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate.

So much for his reaching across the aisle, bi-partisan, campaign promises. :doubt:

lol ...

C'mon now Mani ...

I can't believe you would post something like this after watching the GOP filibuster just about everything that hit the Senate last year.

• Banned

In this robocall, he says that the only way he can do what needs to be done, he must have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate.

So much for his reaching across the aisle, bi-partisan, campaign promises. :doubt:

lol ...

C'mon now Mani ...

I can't believe you would post something like this after watching the GOP filibuster just about everything that hit the Senate last year.

I've always been upfront about my philosophy about this. IMO, if something really important needs to be done, the sides will come together and get it done. If you can't convince ONE fucking senator from the other party that it needs doing then it doesn't.

lol ...

C'mon now Mani ...

I've always been upfront about my philosophy about this. IMO, if something really important needs to be done, the sides will come together and get it done. If you can't convince ONE fucking senator from the other party that it needs doing then it doesn't.

I'd buy that if the GOP hadn't made it so the Dems need 60 votes to pass anything that comes to the floor. They have.

lol ...

C'mon now Mani ...

I'd buy that if the GOP hadn't made it so the Dems need 60 votes to pass anything that comes to the floor. They have.

Give me an example of one thing they've brought to the floor that isn't blatantly partisan.

:eusa_whistle:

Give me an example of one thing they've brought to the floor that isn't blatantly partisan.

:eusa_whistle:

I don't even know where to begin to research all that noise.

I think there was typo in this thread, should read...

Obama admits he cannot work with the repugs, they're just to damn stupid!

Whny wouldd Obama be foolish enough to think he can work with the "Party of NO" ???

I haven't felt any anticipation when I think about the special election in Mass. I think the Democrats can persuade some Republicans when they really need to. A 60 senator majority was really a gift. The Democrats do have to learn to work together themselves.

I fear the Indes walking away from the table more than I do wingnuts.

Forum List

Back