Obama Administration Bullies California

That 16 Billion dollar deficit is all about government workers pensions.. Way to much promise and not enough people left to pay taxes.. The successful people California has punished by taxes are picking up and leaving so what you have now in the state of California is too many takers and not enough givers..

I wouldn't live in Cali if they payed me.

Who the hell needs a high speed rail??

Cali outta tell LaHood to stick his high speed rail up his ass.

Yup, our pub-default infrastructure is reaching third wold levels...great job pubbies! How bout anothertax cut for the rich? Pub dupes! Repeal the 20th century...

Fuck off you moron.

Who is going to pay for a high speed rail??

I'm sure the taxpayers in Cali would love your insight you idiot.

Mainly the federal government and taxpayers that care about jobs, getting the economy moving, and rebuilding America after 30 years of greedy myopic Pubs and their stupid dupes ruining the nonrich and the country. Read something and change the channel, moron. Memorize my sig fcs.

If you loved the Bridge to Nowhere, you will love the high speed rail FROM nowhere. Californians are not so stupid that they are even going to be taking this train. My guess is, they will start it, run out of money and what little they did build would sit there forever. This is a project that can't work. It really seems designed not to work.

Mainly the federal government and taxpayers that care about jobs, getting the economy moving, and rebuilding America after 30 years of greedy myopic Pubs and their stupid dupes ruining the nonrich and the country. Read something and change the channel, moron. Memorize my sig fcs.

So taking tax money from hard working people to build a useless Hi-speed Rail is Smart?

There are 1000's of more useful projects that can be worked on than this .......:eusa_whistle:

What happens when nobody rides the damned thing you moron??

The tax payers will get stuck funding it ala AMTRAC.

We had the same bs down here in Florida and our Gov told em to take a hike.

Yup, our pub-default infrastructure is reaching third wold levels...great job pubbies! How bout anothertax cut for the rich? Pub dupes! Repeal the 20th century...
all our money goes to gov handouts for people like you !! why don't you just admit that you can not compete with others in the work place !!

The high speed rail might benefit a few people who now live in Victorville but will relocate to Las Vegas if they get a job there.

What happens when nobody rides the damned thing you moron??

Easy. Blame it on Bush and move on. That's how this administration has done things for the last 4 years.

A high speed rail like cannot benefit California and will not benefit California. It's not about jobs, or infrastructure. It is 16 billion dollars worth of nothing.

Speaking as a former resident (30+years, left in '09) of California...

They need something like high speed rail.

The problem is, they don't want it. Especially in Southern California what with the whole "car culture" thing they've got going.

I'm surpried the L.A. Metro Link worked.

The problem is, they don't want it. Especially in Southern California what with the whole "car culture" thing they've got going.

You just don't understand the high speed rail concept. It cannot benefit California.

The train is designed to take people from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. They can't buy up the land for a rail line in Los Angeles. The line will start in Victorville. They will build a parking structure so people can drive from Los Angeles, to Victorville and pay $100.00 a day to park. How secure a structure it wll be I have not heard addressed. After parking, they can take the train for 80 minutes to Las Vegas. The train ticket will be around $150.00, which is about twice the price of a plane ticket. The plane does go from Los Angeles to Las Vegas! No one has to drive three hours.

The odds of having someone drive almost to Las Vegas just to take the train to Las Vegas is laughable. It will ultimately be far more expensive and far, far less convenient than either driving or flying. The major part of the rail line won't be in California, the major part will be in Nevada. There is nothing between Victorville and Las Vegas.

It is so stupid, that it defies all prior descriptions of stupidity.

You just don't understand the high speed rail concept. It cannot benefit California.

The train is designed to take people from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. They can't buy up the land for a rail line in Los Angeles. The line will start in Victorville. They will build a parking structure so people can drive from Los Angeles, to Victorville and pay $100.00 a day to park. How secure a structure it wll be I have not heard addressed. After parking, they can take the train for 80 minutes to Las Vegas. The train ticket will be around $150.00, which is about twice the price of a plane ticket. The plane does go from Los Angeles to Las Vegas! No one has to drive three hours.

The odds of having someone drive almost to Las Vegas just to take the train to Las Vegas is laughable. It will ultimately be far more expensive and far, far less convenient than either driving or flying. The major part of the rail line won't be in California, the major part will be in Nevada. There is nothing between Victorville and Las Vegas.

It is so stupid, that it defies all prior descriptions of stupidity.

Oh no, I understand. But I also think that, if it worked, that could be just the start. They could extend the line from Victorville toward the coast, perhaps eventually up through Ventura County, San Louis Obispo, and points north.

I'm something of an optimist where rail travel is concerned... I like it very much.

"U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood warned the California Legislature today that the Obama administration will not wait until fall for a vote on high-speed rail"

Capitol Alert: VIDEO: Obama administration tells California it's time to vote on high-speed rail

Like California needs or wants another Obama Blunder, they are broke already :cuckoo:

Environmental Law & Policy Center : Benefits of high speed rail
^Rail spending creates 1.7-2.5 dollars in benefits for every dollar spent.

High-Speed Rail Would Save Oil, Create Jobs, Study Finds
^High speed rail would create 55,000 jobs in Los Angeles 20,000 in Orlando, and 5,00 new jobs in Albany.

"U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood warned the California Legislature today that the Obama administration will not wait until fall for a vote on high-speed rail"

Capitol Alert: VIDEO: Obama administration tells California it's time to vote on high-speed rail

Like California needs or wants another Obama Blunder, they are broke already :cuckoo:

^High speed rail would create 55,000 jobs in Los Angeles 20,000 in Orlando, and 5,00 new jobs in Albany.

1st one is a Tree Hugger group who will say anything for a chance of monetary donations

2nd one is from several companies who would only profit if someone is dumb enough to spend taxpayer money on it.

If High Speed Rail is so Great and Profitable, a Private Company would pay for the whole thing and Reap the Profits for the next 50 years........

1st one is a Tree Hugger group who will say anything for a chance of monetary donations

2nd one is from several companies who would only profit if someone is dumb enough to spend taxpayer money on it.

If High Speed Rail is so Great and Profitable, a Private Company would pay for the whole thing and Reap the Profits for the next 50 years........
Nope because not all the economic benefits from rail go to those who own the rail. Those benefits include reduced congestion and pollution

Forum List

Back