Obama admin banning pork from federal prisons

I'd like to see them ban "pork" from being tacked on to legislation in order to sneak it through on the coattails of some other law...

The article says the prisoners dont like bacon...:lmao:Yeah Right!!!
What a load of horse shit!!

I agree. The link says that turkey bacon will still be served, but not pork bacon. This has nothing to do with prisonor preference.

I would say that it has the most to do with money.

Real bacon is a lot more expensive than turkey bacon.

Actually they're about the same unless you're buying the generic crap.

First of all, we're talking about federal prisons - do you think they're buying the fancy stuff?

Secondly, I can say with absolute certainty that from restaurant supply companies, real bacon is about twice as expensive as turkey or chicken bacon - I know because I placed the orders each week for years.

I agree. The link says that turkey bacon will still be served, but not pork bacon. This has nothing to do with prisonor preference.

If that were true. an honest person would use that as the reason for substituting turkey bacon for pork bacon instead of trying to justify it based upon prisoner preference.

I am 76 year old and ever since I started a family in my young 20s I did all the grocery shopping for my family; not merely 99%, but 100%. I did this because I also did almost all the cooking. I know a little bit about grocery stores, shelf space and the concept of profit per foot. If turkey bacon would provide a larger profit than pork bacon there would be more shelf space available for it. I don't know about you, but every grocery store I have ever visited had far more shelf space for pork bacon than for turkey bacon proving that it is far more popular My Internet research also confirms that regular (pork) bacon is much more popular than turkey bacon.

The American public has shown a powerful preference for pork bacon; therefor it seems rather obvious that Obama considered only the opinions of those who are opposed to pork for religious reasons. And, yes, I am talking about Muslims.

pajamaBoy-e13874871215341.jpg

"Bacon is so yucky"

If that were true. an honest person would use that as the reason for substituting turkey bacon for pork bacon instead of trying to justify it based upon prisoner preference.

I am 76 year old and ever since I started a family in my young 20s I did all the grocery shopping for my family; not merely 99%, but 100%. I did this because I also did almost all the cooking. I know a little bit about grocery stores, shelf space and the concept of profit per foot. If turkey bacon would provide a larger profit than pork bacon there would be more shelf space available for it. I don't know about you, but every grocery store I have ever visited had far more shelf space for pork bacon than for turkey bacon proving that it is far more popular My Internet research also confirms that regular (pork) bacon is much more popular than turkey bacon.

The American public has shown a powerful preference for pork bacon; therefor it seems rather obvious that Obama considered only the opinions of those who are opposed to pork for religious reasons. And, yes, I am talking about Muslims.

Did you read the link? They did use the cost as a reason.

As for the rest, I don't know what your point is - of course real bacon is more popular than turkey bacon, turkey bacon tastes like garbage.

But "popularity" isn't how prison menus are determined.

First of all, we're talking about federal prisons - do you think they're buying the fancy stuff?

Secondly, I can say with absolute certainty that from restaurant supply companies, real bacon is about twice as expensive as turkey or chicken bacon - I know because I placed the orders each week for years.

Well than I guess that makes you the meat expert.

Well than I guess that makes you the meat expert.

I worked at a pancake house in high school. It's not complicated.

No bacon for you: The US federal prison system takes pork off the menu

Funny for 200+ years there have been jews in this country, and in federal prison but they never banned pork due to jews. Why is the obama admin doing this now?
Do you ever read your own links. You've fucked up twice already.

"The decision was based on an annual survey of inmates, according to the agency. “Year after year the most disliked item menu was pork,” BOP spokesperson Dana Williams told Quartz."
My old employer. I guarantee you the real reason is because satan worshipping Muslims cried loud enough. Believe the pic version if you want.

Funny for 200+ years there have been jews in this country, and in federal prison but they never banned pork due to jews. Why is the obama admin doing this now?

"The decision was based on an annual survey of inmates, according to the agency. “Year after year the most disliked item menu was pork,” BOP spokesperson Dana Williams told Quartz."
My old employer. I guarantee you the real reason is because satan worshipping Muslims cried loud enough. Believe the pic version if you want.
I didnt need your permission to believe what the BOP spokesman said. Her word has way more credibility than yours. Why would I believe you? Youre nobody no matter how many guarantees you give me on the internet.

I didnt need your permission to believe what the BOP spokesman said. Her word has way more credibility than yours. Why would I believe you? Youre nobody no matter how many guarantees you give me on the internet.

But...but he typed 'guarantee'.

A nobody telling me I am a nobody, typical for retarded libs.

A nobody telling me I am a nobody, typical for retarded libs.

Gee, the Spokeperson for the Bureau of Prison speaking of their own records.....

.....or some anonymous poster on a message board insisting that he knows better. Because he typed the word 'guarantee'.

Not a tough call, friend.

Can you link to an executive order or even some policy decision made by Obama personally?

This seems more in line with the Conservative mantra not to waste money. Prisoners aren't eating it, it's getting tossed so it's a big waste.

Also it's not healthy.
Dear mincing liberal:

Is the US Bureau of Prisons part of the executive branch of the federal government?

Who is the head of the executive branch of government?

Did you fail civics? Are you just stupid? Are you a liar?

Which is it?
:lol:

It's funny how everything you guys view as a positive that Obama had a personal hand in (Killing Bin Laden for example), has nothing to do with Obama. Everything you view as negative, he's all over.

View attachment 51779

And like I said..

View attachment 51780
Those soldiers didn't kill bin Laden when Bush, Jr. was president. Bush said he wasn't concerned with bin Laden.

A couple of things happen when you go to prison for a long stretch. One is you've got ALOT of time on your hands. Another is you are lumped in with a lot of very bad people. And while some people do find religion, which may prohibit the consumption of pork, others find out they have to be strong, fast and agile. Eating a fat laden food makes you slow and fat. Something you definitely do not want to be when you are locked up.

Dear mincing liberal:

Is the US Bureau of Prisons part of the executive branch of the federal government?

Who is the head of the executive branch of government?

Did you fail civics? Are you just stupid? Are you a liar?

Which is it?

It's funny how everything you guys view as a positive that Obama had a personal hand in (Killing Bin Laden for example), has nothing to do with Obama. Everything you view as negative, he's all over.

View attachment 51779

And like I said..

View attachment 51780
Those soldiers didn't kill bin Laden when Bush, Jr. was president. Bush said he wasn't concerned with bin Laden.

Love that video:

ODS has an eight year recovery period and will leave visible scars. Unfortunatly, the condition does not serve as an anecdote for the syndrome that will follow. SDS......or CDS.

Forum List

Back