Mass shooting near school in Baltimore

Five shot near elementary school in West Baltimore

Why is this only local news? Why did it take someone to forward me this story for me to hear about it? Why isn't this national headlines? Mass shooting - check. Next to a school - check. Why wouldn't liberals and the media jump all over this?
Sounds like a drive by. The school just happened to be close. Thats what "near" means Don't know too many 20 year olds in elementary school. From your link.

"Five people — ages 17, 24, 23, 26 and 55 — were shot Tuesday afternoon in West Baltimore, police said."

We should look at banning guns in the gang community.

Don't think there are many gang members that can legally carry a gun

How do they get them then ?

Illegally.

Steal them, straw buyers, trunk of a car.

But liberals say if we have better background checks, and waiting periods, and stop selling guns to questionable people, then all gun related problems will go away ?

Why is this only local news? Why did it take someone to forward me this story for me to hear about it? Why isn't this national headlines? Mass shooting - check. Next to a school - check. Why wouldn't liberals and the media jump all over this?
Sounds like a drive by. The school just happened to be close. Thats what "near" means Don't know too many 20 year olds in elementary school. From your link.

"Five people — ages 17, 24, 23, 26 and 55 — were shot Tuesday afternoon in West Baltimore, police said."

This incident will no doubt be added to the list of school shootings since Sandy Hook.

More reason to ban guns
Great idea. You've been designated the lucky guy who gets to explain the new gun law(s) to this shooter or shooters and then confiscate all their guns.

Oh, and if they're not too agreeable...RIP.

This incident will no doubt be added to the list of school shootings since Sandy Hook.

That would be a stupid thing to do since no one in the school was targeted or hit.

We should look at banning guns in the gang community.

Don't think there are many gang members that can legally carry a gun

How do they get them then ?

Illegally.

Steal them, straw buyers, trunk of a car.

But liberals say if we have better background checks, and waiting periods, and stop selling guns to questionable people, then all gun related problems will go away ?

No one says, "if we have better background checks, and waiting periods, and stop selling guns to questionable people, then all gun related problems will go away". Why is this statement is followed by a question mark?

We need a national registry of those persons who should never be permitted to own, possess or have in their custody and control a gun.

There is an FBI record of arrest available to those with a right to know and a need to know, but it only includes some crimes. A national registry would include crimes reported to the DOJ plus crimes which are not now reported and civil issues.

Examples are, CA Penal Code Sec. 647ff is deemed a detention only when a person found to be too intoxicated for their own safety and kept in a county or city/town lockup until they sobered up; persons detained on a civil commitment to a psych ward per CA code W&I as a danger to themselves or others; and, those persons who have been restrained to remain away from a person or place by the court.

That would be a stupid thing to do since no one in the school was targeted or hit.

It would be a dishonest thing to do, but it would fit the pattern.

It would be a dishonest thing to do, but it would fit the pattern.
Why would it be dishonest? Can you elaborate?

School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A school shooting is a form of mass shooting involving a gun attack on an educational institution, such as a school or university. The U.S. Secret Service defines them as shootings where schools are "deliberately selected as the location for the attack".[1] A school shooting can happen anywhere in the world where a person takes a gun into a school setting. "

One Cop got shot miles away from three schools in Fox Lake, IL. All three schools within that three miles went on lock down. No event actually at the school, but there was concern with the children. So you're saying the black students in Baltimore don't get offered the same kind of compassion? Really? BTW, it was a seven hour lock down.

Forum List

Back