Obama '96: “I don’t believe people should be able to own guns.”

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Obama in 96: “I don’t believe people should be able to own guns.”

Dr. John Lott, President of the Crime Prevention Research Center, has some personal experience on the subject (of Obama's stance on gun control) since he knew the President when they were both attending the University of Chicago Law School. He focuses on remarks which Obama made during his recent CNN “Town Hall” on guns.

At his recent Town Hall Meeting The president forcefully claimed: “I respect the Second Amendment; I respect the right to bear arms; I respect people who want a gun for self-protection.”

The president forcefully claimed: “I respect the Second Amendment; I respect the right to bear arms; I respect people who want a gun for self-protection.”

Well, here’s another quote: “I don’t believe people should be able to own guns.” That’s what Obama told me when we were colleagues at the University of Chicago Law School in 1996. Obama has also publicly supported a nationwide “ban [on] the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns” as well as a “ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.” Even as late as the 2008 Presidential primaries, Obama supported Washington, D.C.’s handgun ban."

-----------------------

For a guy who doesn't believe people should be able to own guns, he sure has given thousands and thousands of them out to people...the WRONG people:
- He gave the Mexican Drug Cartels THOUSANDS of automatic weapons AND GRENADES (500+ innocent people dead, to include 2 Americans)

- He gave weapons to Libyan Al Qaeida who had been recruiting jihadists to go to Iraq / Afghanistan to kill American troops, armed them, and then took the country to war on his own - bypassing Congress to do so - and used our military to help Al Qaeida - who slaughtered over 1,000 Americans on 9/11/01 - take over Libya.

- He supplied, armed, trained, and protected ISIS

Hmmm, arming criminals, terrorists, and our enemies while declaring he doesn't think law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns....Yeah, nothing wrong here.
:rolleyes:

Dude, this is a blog and at least the 4th post you used form it today... Now you are not even commenting...

How about you go to there site, they have a comments section and you fit right in...

He was younger and idealistic now he's older and more experienced. The Liberal elite are to crafty to say outright that they want to take away your rights to own a gun. They are using "Common Sense" gun laws they know will not work

. After each tragedy they will call for more "Common Sense" until they believe the time is right to admit that laws are not working and that the next step should be taken to protect the citizenry. At that time they will call for a ban on civilian owned firearms and the measure will be met by thunderous applause, by some.

Their will be those who believe in that Constitutional right to bear arms and will not comply so force will have to be applied, Their property will be ceased some will lose their lives. At that point the tyrannical Government that Liberals scoff at will be here.

He doesn't believe people should own guns but he's got no qualms about people owning politicians. :rolleyes:

Guns don't kill people, dumb ass, warmongering politicians do.

"America has the best politicians money can buy." -- Will Rogers

Dr. John Lott, President of the Crime Prevention Research Center, has some personal experience on the subject (of Obama's stance on gun control) since he knew the President when they were both attending the University of Chicago Law School. He focuses on remarks which Obama made during his recent CNN “Town Hall” on guns.

At his recent Town Hall Meeting The president forcefully claimed: “I respect the Second Amendment; I respect the right to bear arms; I respect people who want a gun for self-protection.”

The president forcefully claimed: “I respect the Second Amendment; I respect the right to bear arms; I respect people who want a gun for self-protection.”

Well, here’s another quote: “I don’t believe people should be able to own guns.” That’s what Obama told me when we were colleagues at the University of Chicago Law School in 1996. Obama has also publicly supported a nationwide “ban [on] the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns” as well as a “ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.” Even as late as the 2008 Presidential primaries, Obama supported Washington, D.C.’s handgun ban."

-----------------------

For a guy who doesn't believe people should be able to own guns, he sure has given thousands and thousands of them out to people...the WRONG people:
- He gave the Mexican Drug Cartels THOUSANDS of automatic weapons AND GRENADES (500+ innocent people dead, to include 2 Americans)

- He gave weapons to Libyan Al Qaeida who had been recruiting jihadists to go to Iraq / Afghanistan to kill American troops, armed them, and then took the country to war on his own - bypassing Congress to do so - and used our military to help Al Qaeida - who slaughtered over 1,000 Americans on 9/11/01 - take over Libya.

Hmmm, arming criminals, terrorists, and our enemies while declaring he doesn't think law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns....Yeah, nothing wrong here.

Please note

Barack Obama did NOT attend University of Chicago Law School.....he graduated, Magna cum Laude, from Harvard Law School....

Sincerely,

Mary Rosh

Dude, this is a blog and at least the 4th post you used form it today... Now you are not even commenting...

How about you go to there site, they have a comments section and you fit right in...
He commented, idiot. Now are you man enough to apologize???

He doesn't believe people should own guns but he's got no qualms about people owning politicians. :rolleyes:

Guns don't kill people, dumb ass, warmongering politicians do.

"America has the best politicians money can buy." -- Will Rogers

In spite of the Honorable Veep Snarlin' Dick 13%'s best efforts, the Esquire Whittington is still with us.

41zAyfpYUeL.jpg

So you take some Hearsay story about a conversation/debate from law school and misrepresent the president .

Typical right wing bullshit lies .

So you take some Hearsay story about a conversation/debate from law school and misrepresent the president .

Typical right wing bullshit lies .

Typical of the rightwing bullshitters, make up a story based on someone with an agenda's 20 year old (ehem!) memory, and...

OTOH, below is an actual provable quote from Donald Trump.

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record." ~ Donald Trump Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 Jul 2, 2000

Obama’s Gun Ban?

So one of your claims is verifiable bullshit. And the other is a 20 year old paraphrase from a gun advocate that can't be verified in any way.

-----------------------

Please note

Barack Obama did NOT attend University of Chicago Law School.....he graduated, Magna cum Laude, from Harvard Law School....

Sincerely,

Mary Rosh
he was a lecturer there for like 10 years or something, wasn't he?

So one of your claims is verifiable bullshit. And the other is a 20 year old paraphrase from a gun advocate that can't be verified in any way.

Skylar, I claim NOTHING. I posted a thread based on a story in which Obama is cited as saying, "I don’t believe people should be able to own guns'.

My comments are based on IF what is being claimed is true...I have no proof other than this person's personal claim. Make your own conclusions....it's a free country.

Skylar, I claim NOTHING. I posted a thread based on a story in which Obama is cited as saying, "I don’t believe people should be able to own guns'.

So you didn't post this?

Obama has also publicly supported a nationwide “ban [on] the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns” as well as a “ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.” Even as late as the 2008 Presidential primaries, Obama supported Washington, D.C.’s handgun ban."

As Factcheck.org demonstrates.....that claims is bullshit.

Obama’s Gun Ban?

And now you're telling me that its not your bullshit claim. Its John Holt's bullshit claim. The very professional gun advocate you're insisting I accept as a credible source, who just offered a demonstrable lie on Obama's position on gun control.

Laughing....really, Easy?

Wait...isn't this the same guy who invented an imaginary online persona of Mary Rosh to sing his praises, laud his research and promote his books? Even writing reviews for his own books under his pseudonym?

And its from this guy that you expect me to accept a 20 year old paraphrase that he can't verify on a topic he's already lied about?

Forum List

Back