Obama 2008: Jerusalem will remain Israel's capital

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Well it's another show of flip flopping and hypocrisy by the left.

"On June 4 of that year – one day after announcing he had secured the required number of delegates to win the Democratic nomination – Obama delivered a speech at the annual American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) policy conference.

Any negotiated agreement between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, he said, “must preserve Israel’s identity as a Jewish state with secure, recognized, defensible borders. And Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel and it must remain undivided.”

The pledge brought a standing ovation from the 7,000-plus AIPAC audience, praise from pro-Israel organizations in the U.S. – and an Arab outcry.

Candidate Obama Also Called Jerusalem Israel

"On June 4 of that year – one day after announcing he had secured the required number of delegates to win the Democratic nomination – Obama delivered a speech at the annual American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) policy conference.

Any negotiated agreement between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, he said, “must preserve Israel’s identity as a Jewish state with secure, recognized, defensible borders. And Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel and it must remain undivided.”

The pledge brought a standing ovation from the 7,000-plus AIPAC audience, praise from pro-Israel organizations in the U.S. – and an Arab outcry.

yep, Those comments seriously Offended the Palestinians but some how the Press largely Ignored it.

yep, Those comments seriously Offended the Palestinians but some how the Press largely Ignored it.

Politicians can be flip floppers but Obama takes the title of "Chameleon in Chief".

And there was an Arab outcry.

The whole world knows that holy Jerusalem was occupied in 1967 and we will not accept a Palestinian state without having Jerusalem as the capital of a Palestinian state,” P.A. chairman Mahmoud Abbas told reporters in Ramallah.

Obama. like all presidential contenders, had to kowtow to AIPAC in order to get elected in 2008

If Obama wins in 2012

Israel and the psychopathic zionists that rule that country are going to have a rough time. :cool:

That was before Obama had to listen to Netanyahu whine for 3-1/2 years.

Even in the face of either an obvious change in foreign policy or a miscommunication from members of the administration, you still cant admit Obama or his administration could be wrong about something. Why is this?

Obama. like all presidential contenders, had to kowtow to AIPAC in order to get elected in 2008

If Obama wins in 2012

Israel and the psychopathic zionists that rule that country are going to have a rough time. :cool:

As will free people throughout the world.

If Obama wins in 2012

As will free people throughout the world.
:confused: Please explain that statement??

I think it's self-evident why free people throughout the world would have a rough time if Obama won reelection. He will no longer be accountable to the people. He will have free reign to do whatever he wants. He will be more "flexible" in how he wants to interfer in peoples lives and intervene in foreign nations.

Changing ones mind is no crime.

and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

Lincoln

and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.
Lincoln

Promising allegiance, then abandoning your ally should be though.

And pardon me while I say, "Fuck Lincoln"
:eusa_silenced:

Israel was attacked and drove the invaders back and received more land, that is the fortunes of war. the Palistinians would do well to remember -“Victori spolia”, 'To the victor, the spoils'

I'll start with what all the good "conservatives" want to hear. Obama should not have said that. That was a major faux pas. Which is probably why he had to correct himself afterward.

Now, having said that, I think making a comment here in the states about it, and then backtracking, is not as bad as going into Israel and doing it, and then backing it up and making it clear you mean it. In the "War on Terror", that's handing our enemies a major recruitment tool.

Lincoln

Promising allegiance, then abandoning your ally should be though.

And pardon me while I say, "Fuck Lincoln"
:eusa_silenced:

necropheliac are we? Nobody has abandoned the allies of the US.

Forum List

Back