Ob/Gyns start refusing to treat overweight women.

Doctors refusing to treat people with health problems? They should be booted out of the profession.

Nobody has a right to anyone's services.

last i checked, a doctor can't refuse to treat someone based on the color of their skin.

last i checked, a doctor can't refuse to treat someone because they are gay.

last i checked, a doctor can't refuse to treat someone based on national origin.

i know that obesity is pretty much the last acceptable form of discrimination, but i'm pretty sure that the hippocratic oath allows doctors to refuse to treat someone because they are overweight.

But they can refuse to treat a patient if his parents own guns.

Exactly. Very few people are overweight because of medical issues. For most people they simply do not eat correctly or don't exercise. There is no excuse for it. I go to the gym three times a week and run three times a week. The only time I skip is if I'm on vacation or sick or something. Once you get into the routine it's very easy to keep up with.

Wow, bravo for you dude.
What about the young Mother who has 3 little children to take care of?? Does she drag them to the gym as well??
What about the people who have to work 6 days a week, sometimes 10 to 12 hours per day??.....where the hell do they find the time and effort to get to the gym??
And this gym you speak of, some people may not be able to afford the gym costs, so where do you suppose they get their hands on a free BowFlex??
It's all good that you brag on how well you keep yourself fit and thin and running and all, but there are plenty who have very legit reasons as to why they aren't jogging every day or buying fucking gym memberships.

Anybody can take time out of their day to walk around their block a few times and get some exercise. Kids are not an excuse; I have one of my own. Furthermore, you can lose weight simply by eating healthier and not stuffing your face with fast food and processed crap.

It's much easier to come up with excuses to take the easy way out, isn't it.

At the end of the day, humans love food with saturated fats and salt in them. It's just some of realise having such foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner is not healthy for you, so we don't. Some just can't help themselves, then make excuses...

I see mothers with jogging strollers pushing a couple of kids on a very frequent basis.

The key concept here is ATTITUDE. Is somebody has a goal to be healthy, they can find a healthy lifestyle that fits their economic situation.

EDIT: My mother had five kids in six years, and maintained a slim figure. She did HOUSEWORK. One doesn't need an expensive gym membership to stay fit.

I'm very happy for your Mom :)
But what I was really getting at was the fact the dude said THERE IS NO EXCUSE for being fat.
That's his opinion, and I had to state mine. I happen to think the poster just doesn't like fat folks, but....I could be fucking wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no excuse for being fat. Most fat people are lazy, eat the wrong foods. My wife and I used to take our two kids in their strollers for three or four mile walks every day when they were younger. it was a win-win situation - we kept fit, they fell asleep. Most fatties I know will find excuse after excuse not to exercise or eat correctly.

How many morbidly obese people do you know eat correctly and exercise. Me? I know not a one...

The problem is NOTHING is the way it was even 20 years ago, and that includes kids enjoying the outdoors where they get a good dose of exercise. They much prefer to sit on the couch and play video games in their spare time, and the parents allow it, then wonder why the kids have a weight problem.

Which reminds me, slightly off topic but speaking of the medical profession in general and how it is vastly different than it was when I was growing up, whatever happened to doctors who actually cared about their patients instead of how much money they'd get paid? In my formative years, my parents took me to the doctor on just a promise to pay the bill (no insurance), and I can even recall being so sick he had to make a house call (more than a few times for each of us). Doctors doing house calls? What's THAT? While I'm sure there were some patients who couldn't pay, ever, and the doc just had to take the loss, in spite of that, he and his family managed to live in the best part of town, drive the best cars, send their kids to the best schools. I never have sympathy for doctors today who whine about not getting paid enough for Medicare/Medicaid patients. Have they stopped teaching the first rule in medical school of "First Do No Harm"??

Last edited:
I see mothers with jogging strollers pushing a couple of kids on a very frequent basis.

The key concept here is ATTITUDE. Is somebody has a goal to be healthy, they can find a healthy lifestyle that fits their economic situation.

EDIT: My mother had five kids in six years, and maintained a slim figure. She did HOUSEWORK. One doesn't need an expensive gym membership to stay fit.

But what I was really getting at was the fact the dude said THERE IS NO EXCUSE for being fat.
That's his opinion, and I had to state mine. I happen to think the poster just doesn't like fat folks, but....I could be fucking wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most morbidly obese people choose to live that way. Here's an example of one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkvdEoM4Uqs]YouTube - I Eat 33,000 Calories a day - Lisa Sellers[/ame]

When it gets to that point, it's become an addiction and just as hard to kick as alcoholism or drug abuse. But I'm sure you knew that.

The clip is from a show on TLC called "I Eat 33,000 Calories A Day".

It's incredibly depressing. The show features a few morbidly obese people ranging from still ambulatory to "mattress with arms and legs" stages. One pretty common theme was that they had enablers who brought them food.

The best summary I can provide is a paraphrased quote from one woman who said "I feel happy when I'm eating, and sad when I stop".

Are you gleeful about these sad people? Sounds like it.

The brain increases release of dopamine when the "pleasure" of choice is consumed. That can be alcohol, drugs, sex, and even food when people become addicted to fulfilling the craving for that extra punch.

Exactly. Very few people are overweight because of medical issues. For most people they simply do not eat correctly or don't exercise. There is no excuse for it. I go to the gym three times a week and run three times a week. The only time I skip is if I'm on vacation or sick or something. Once you get into the routine it's very easy to keep up with.

Wow, bravo for you dude.
What about the young Mother who has 3 little children to take care of?? Does she drag them to the gym as well??
What about the people who have to work 6 days a week, sometimes 10 to 12 hours per day??.....where the hell do they find the time and effort to get to the gym??
And this gym you speak of, some people may not be able to afford the gym costs, so where do you suppose they get their hands on a free BowFlex??
It's all good that you brag on how well you keep yourself fit and thin and running and all, but there are plenty who have very legit reasons as to why they aren't jogging every day or buying fucking gym memberships.

Anybody can take time out of their day to walk around their block a few times and get some exercise. Kids are not an excuse; I have one of my own. Furthermore, you can lose weight simply by eating healthier and not stuffing your face with fast food and processed crap.

Screw skinny dudes who know anything about what it takes for women to force their bodies into unnatural thinness. You know NOTHING! NOTHING!

Try PMS on for size, and thyroid issues, arthritis, depression, and child birth.

Sheesh. Twerp.

Nobody has a right to anyone's services.

last i checked, a doctor can't refuse to treat someone based on the color of their skin.

last i checked, a doctor can't refuse to treat someone based on national origin.

i know that obesity is pretty much the last acceptable form of discrimination, but i'm pretty sure that the hippocratic oath allows doctors to refuse to treat someone because they are overweight.

I'm sure NONE of the examples above would include a doctor actually telling a patient that's why he/she is rejected. They would use some other acceptable excuse.

Wow, bravo for you dude.

Screw skinny dudes who know anything about what it takes for women to force their bodies into unnatural thinness. You know NOTHING! NOTHING!

Try PMS on for size, and thyroid issues, arthritis, depression, and child birth.

Sheesh. Twerp.

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

True. Women have an excuse for packing on weight. It's called hormones.

What's the excuse for being an asshole?

Wow, bravo for you dude.

Sheesh. Twerp.

someone who is weighing under 200 pounds is not unnaturally thin. unless that person is maybe 3 m tall.

Most morbidly obese people choose to live that way. Here's an example of one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkvdEoM4Uqs]YouTube - I Eat 33,000 Calories a day - Lisa Sellers[/ame]

When it gets to that point, it's become an addiction and just as hard to kick as alcoholism or drug abuse. But I'm sure you knew that.

You're projecting again, you sad hag.

Now, go eat another 12 pack of twinkies.

So it's natural for a woman to be fat? My mother is in her 60s and she has never been fat and she gave birth to four children. My ex-wife isn't fat.

What's your excuse?

So it's natural for a woman to be fat? My mother is in her 60s and she has never been fat and she gave birth to four children. My ex-wife isn't fat.

What's your excuse?

Stop it. Women have quite a variety of natural body types ranging from rail thin to padded/voluptuous.

There is a difference between having a healthy distribution of body fat and being morbidly obese (ala the 33,000 Calories A Day type).

It's sick that our culture today glorifies a near anorexic body type which is unhealthy and unachievable for the vast majority of women. A certain amount of body fat is necessary for menses. Near starvation which results in amenorrhoea can lead to a host of serious health problems.

I have a theory...men who like supremely toned, or even thin women really are hankering for boys....

I'm sure NONE of the examples above would include a doctor actually telling a patient that's why he/she is rejected. They would use some other acceptable excuse.

Actually, you're correct. The patient's mother refused to answer whether she had a gun or not. The doctor said she had 30 days to find another pediatrician.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back