Ob/Gyns start refusing to treat overweight women.

Did these tools expect to only see hot chicks spread for them in S Florida?

What's next? Old women, b/c they need help to get on the tables, so they may fall and sue?

Haitians have a high rate of AIDS and HIV. Do these tools get to tell them to fuck off?

Probably, I guess when people become Doctors they expect to only treat hot successful people like Kim Kardashian and George Clooney look alikes, everyone else can go fuck themselves.

Some ob-gyns in South Florida turn away overweight women

So the discrimination and rationing begins. It's always subtle at first and 'rational'.

Blame the malpractice policies in America today. Have you no idea of how many thousands of dollars a physician has to pay each year, because of these policies? It is what also affects the quality of your care because now the docs. have to see more patients in a shorter amout of time, just to make their own living which cost them a small fortune to acquire a medical license in the first place. Snip from your link:

"People don't realize the risk we're taking by taking care of these patients," said Dr. Albert Triana, whose two-physician practice in South Miami declines patients classified as obese. "There's more risk of something going wrong and more risk of getting sued. Everything is more complicated with an obese patient in GYN surgeries and in [pregnancies]."

Last edited:
My aunt and uncle are morbidly obese and have been since the 70's. They cry to their friends (who will listen) about how they are "trapped in this body" yet they do nothing to get healthy. In fact, they have a refrigerator in their bedroom. You wouldn't believe the number of health issues they have and medications they take that are directly related to their weight.

If smokers pay higher rates for insurance, fat people should as well. It's only logical right? It's only fair right?
They all ready do in the marketplace of private insurers. Just try to get it on your own without a company fronting for you.

Doctors refusing to treat people with health problems? They should be booted out of the profession.

Nobody has a right to anyone's services.

last i checked, a doctor can't refuse to treat someone based on the color of their skin.

last i checked, a doctor can't refuse to treat someone because they are gay.

last i checked, a doctor can't refuse to treat someone based on national origin.

i know that obesity is pretty much the last acceptable form of discrimination, but i'm pretty sure that the hippocratic oath allows doctors to refuse to treat someone because they are overweight.

But they can refuse to treat smokers.

Morbid obesity is, with rare exceptions, a lifestyle choice, not the result of one's DNA.

Hence, if smokers can be refused treatment, it's perfectly rational for a doctor to decline morbidly obese patients who increase the risks and costs to his business.

So the discrimination and rationing begins. It's always subtle at first and 'rational'.

Blame the malpractice policies in America today. Have you no idea of how many thousands of dollars a physician has to pay each year, because of these policies? It is what also affects the quality of your care because now the docs. have to see more patients in a shorter amout of time, just to make their own living which cost them a small fortune to acquire a medical license in the first place. Snip from your link:

"People don't realize the risk we're taking by taking care of these patients," said Dr. Albert Triana, whose two-physician practice in South Miami declines patients classified as obese. "There's more risk of something going wrong and more risk of getting sued. Everything is more complicated with an obese patient in GYN surgeries and in [pregnancies]."

This is why tort reform is absolutely positively critical.

One simple change of "Loser Pays" will end a large percentage of frivolous law suits put out by those looking to sue for fun and profit. If you go a pair of step further and prevent both jackpot 'justice' and bar lawyers from being the biggest beneficiary of those awards (particularly with class action lawsuits) you'd gut the litigious leeches, but won't harm those who are doing "real" legal work.

regardless, the cost of these lawsuits on the economy as a whole would drop and we would reap some very nice benefits in lower costs in all areas.

last i checked, a doctor can't refuse to treat someone based on the color of their skin.

last i checked, a doctor can't refuse to treat someone based on national origin.

i know that obesity is pretty much the last acceptable form of discrimination, but i'm pretty sure that the hippocratic oath allows doctors to refuse to treat someone because they are overweight.

Morbid obesity is, with rare exceptions, a lifestyle choice, not the result of one's DNA.

Hence, if smokers can be refused treatment, it's perfectly rational for a doctor to decline morbidly obese patients who increase the risks and costs to his business.
Since there is no proof that homosexuality is genetic, isn't that a lifestyle choice and should it not be allowed to be discriminated against if smoking, drug use and obesity is? All are choices... aren't they?

Since there is no proof that homosexuality is genetic, isn't that a lifestyle choice and should it not be allowed to be discriminated against if smoking, drug use and obesity is? All are choices... aren't they?

Actually, the cause of homosexuality is debatable. There are studies that do show a genetic cause.

I believe in free markets. A doctor should be able to choose which patients to serve.

Under an HMO style reimbursement system, a doctor can only afford to take on a certain ratio of "high maintenance" patients. At some point, he can't continue in practice if he is losing money.

You can only see a Doctor if your a hot gorgeous woman like Scarlet Johannseen or a suave smooth looking cat like George Clooney, everyone else is fucked.

Actually, the cause of homosexuality is debatable. There are studies that do show a genetic cause.

I believe in free markets. A doctor should be able to choose which patients to serve.

Under an HMO style reimbursement system, a doctor can only afford to take on a certain ratio of "high maintenance" patients. At some point, he can't continue in practice if he is losing money.
That's true. A free market would allow a doctor to discriminate, and that's fine if that is to be the case. Unfortunately we don't have a free market in medicine. But as the system is now where some lifestyle choices are protected by law and others are not... I've got issues.

Like drugs. I'm willing to consider legalizing it... if they cannot be protected from me discriminating against them BLATANTLY.

That's true. A free market would allow a doctor to discriminate, and that's fine if that is to be the case. Unfortunately we don't have a free market in medicine. But as the system is now where some lifestyle choices are protected by law and others are not... I've got issues.

Like drugs. I'm willing to consider legalizing it... if they cannot be protected from me discriminating against them BLATANTLY.

I'd rather not see doctors forced by the government to lose money.

It's not unpredictable that there is a shortage of doctors in MA due to RomneyCare.

I'd rather not see doctors forced by the government to lose money.

It's not unpredictable that there is a shortage of doctors in MA due to RomneyCare.
We are in like mind that way. I just get queasy when I start seeing this type of story. But then again, if it was actually a free market, you'd see doctors who 'specialize' in treating that kind of patient.

Too bad we don't have a free market.

From the medical end i know the tables do have weight parameters. I am not sure what it it though.

This is interesting, its the tip of the slippery slope.

My massage table is rated to 600 pounds, and it's made of wood.

Next time i am in i will take a look at the other bed. It has something to do with the amount the bed will lift or how wide it is.

Addicts that OD should not get help either. That's a choice as well. Or attempted suicides who try but fail. Yet another choice. No cure for RA, so why bother to see people with incurable diseases? Pick and choose. Become a doctor to give botox treatments, liposuction, etc. Fat folks who can't get to the gym because they can't move their joints, paraplegics, fatties, bulemics...nah. Let 'em all suffer, right?

*Spit*

Addicts that OD should not get help either. That's a choice as well. Or attempted suicides who try but fail. Yet another choice. No cure for RA, so why bother to see people with incurable diseases? Pick and choose. Become a doctor to give botox treatments, liposuction, etc. Fat folks who can't get to the gym because they can't move their joints, paraplegics, fatties, bulemics...nah. Let 'em all suffer, right?

*Spit*

In another post Colin was telling me about Muslim doctors who refuse to treat people with STDS and diseases caused from alcoholism because they are un Islamic, it seems to me the medical community are becoming an arrogant bunch of bastards who only want to care for stars like Kim Kardashasian and the Situation from Jersey Shore, everyone else can fuck themselves.

*Spit*

In another post Colin was telling me about Muslim doctors who refuse to treat people with STDS and diseases caused from alcoholism because they are un Islamic, it seems to me the medical community are becoming an arrogant bunch of bastards who only want to care for stars like Kim Kardashasian and the Situation from Jersey Shore, everyone else can fuck themselves.

Law suits are a very real thing in the medical world. Its one of the things that is causing such high pricing.

My aunt and uncle are morbidly obese and have been since the 70's. They cry to their friends (who will listen) about how they are "trapped in this body" yet they do nothing to get healthy. In fact, they have a refrigerator in their bedroom. You wouldn't believe the number of health issues they have and medications they take that are directly related to their weight.

If smokers pay higher rates for insurance, fat people should as well. It's only logical right? It's only fair right?

Exactly. Very few people are overweight because of medical issues. For most people they simply do not eat correctly or don't exercise. There is no excuse for it. I go to the gym three times a week and run three times a week. The only time I skip is if I'm on vacation or sick or something. Once you get into the routine it's very easy to keep up with.
Most people break bones because they don't take proper safety precautions.

Not sure what your point is....

Breaking a bone is an accident. Being fat isn't.

Doctors refusing to treat people with health problems? They should be booted out of the profession.

They can do every single one of those things you mentioned, but there may be legal consequences involved because of the law if they're challenged.

Furthermore, unlike the other things you mention, obesity is mostly a choice. Being gay, black, or Armenian isn't.

As I said before nobody has the right to someone else's services. You have the privilege of seeking out those services and engaging in a multiple party agreement, but it's not your right. If you're a doctor and I decide I want your service and it's my right to get it you have no right to compensation for your services. Your rights aren't derived from someone else's forced labor.

They can do every single one of those things you mentioned, but there may be legal consequences involved because of the law if they're challenged.

Furthermore, unlike the other things you mention, obesity is mostly a choice. Being gay, black, or Armenian isn't.

As I said before nobody has the right to someone else's services. You have the privilege of seeking out those services and engaging in a multiple party agreement, but it's not your right. If you're a doctor and I decide I want your service and it's my right to get it you have no right to compensation for your services. Your rights aren't derived from someone else's forced labor.

I know you used the word MOSTLY, which is good, because some people have a thyroid disorder which can cause weight issues. And diabetes can cause weight problems~
Just because you see a fat person walking in the store doesn't mean they sit on the sofa eating chips all day and night, they may eat like a normal weighted person would do, but there is something happening in their bodies that they aren't in control of.

Exactly. Very few people are overweight because of medical issues. For most people they simply do not eat correctly or don't exercise. There is no excuse for it. I go to the gym three times a week and run three times a week. The only time I skip is if I'm on vacation or sick or something. Once you get into the routine it's very easy to keep up with.

Wow, bravo for you dude.
What about the young Mother who has 3 little children to take care of?? Does she drag them to the gym as well??
What about the people who have to work 6 days a week, sometimes 10 to 12 hours per day??.....where the hell do they find the time and effort to get to the gym??
And this gym you speak of, some people may not be able to afford the gym costs, so where do you suppose they get their hands on a free BowFlex??
It's all good that you brag on how well you keep yourself fit and thin and running and all, but there are plenty who have very legit reasons as to why they aren't jogging every day or buying fucking gym memberships.

Wow, bravo for you dude.
What about the young Mother who has 3 little children to take care of?? Does she drag them to the gym as well??
What about the people who have to work 6 days a week, sometimes 10 to 12 hours per day??.....where the hell do they find the time and effort to get to the gym??
And this gym you speak of, some people may not be able to afford the gym costs, so where do you suppose they get their hands on a free BowFlex??
It's all good that you brag on how well you keep yourself fit and thin and running and all, but there are plenty who have very legit reasons as to why they aren't jogging every day or buying fucking gym memberships.

I see mothers with jogging strollers pushing a couple of kids on a very frequent basis.

The key concept here is ATTITUDE. Is somebody has a goal to be healthy, they can find a healthy lifestyle that fits their economic situation.

EDIT: My mother had five kids in six years, and maintained a slim figure. She did HOUSEWORK. One doesn't need an expensive gym membership to stay fit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back