Ob/Gyns start refusing to treat overweight women.

those assholes.

and they don't treat men either. :evil:

Another good point, you don't hear or see, things such as this concerning men.
Wtf??
Just cause they're packing a penis gives them special treatment??

FTR, I for one don't "pack" my penis. My buddy flops around wherever he wants. It's called freedom. This is America. :salute:

those assholes.

and they don't treat men either. :evil:

Wtf??

FTR, I for one don't "pack" my penis. My buddy flops around wherever he wants. It's called freedom. This is America. :salute:

you should consult an ob/gyn about your flopping penis.

Wtf??

you should consult an ob/gyn about your flopping penis.

I was told it's okay, since sometimes it also flips.

What I learned from reading this thread: High_Gravity has a man-crush on George Clooney.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Exactly. Very few people are overweight because of medical issues. For most people they simply do not eat correctly or don't exercise. There is no excuse for it. I go to the gym three times a week and run three times a week. The only time I skip is if I'm on vacation or sick or something. Once you get into the routine it's very easy to keep up with.

Wow, bravo for you dude.
What about the young Mother who has 3 little children to take care of?? Does she drag them to the gym as well??
What about the people who have to work 6 days a week, sometimes 10 to 12 hours per day??.....where the hell do they find the time and effort to get to the gym??
And this gym you speak of, some people may not be able to afford the gym costs, so where do you suppose they get their hands on a free BowFlex??
It's all good that you brag on how well you keep yourself fit and thin and running and all, but there are plenty who have very legit reasons as to why they aren't jogging every day or buying fucking gym memberships.

I see mothers with jogging strollers pushing a couple of kids on a very frequent basis.

The key concept here is ATTITUDE. Is somebody has a goal to be healthy, they can find a healthy lifestyle that fits their economic situation.

EDIT: My mother had five kids in six years, and maintained a slim figure. She did HOUSEWORK. One doesn't need an expensive gym membership to stay fit.

I'm very happy for your Mom :)
But what I was really getting at was the fact the dude said THERE IS NO EXCUSE for being fat.
That's his opinion, and I had to state mine. I happen to think the poster just doesn't like fat folks, but....I could be fucking wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you read the OP, you'll see that these doctors are actually worried more about that typically American past time of being sued. Apparently the fatter you are, the more complications there can be, and the more complications there can be, the more chances of getting something wrong.

As Mad Scientist mentioned about his relatives, most Tellie Tubbies are in denial and state their obesity is not their fault. I can easily see them trying to make their fat, lazy arses some easy money by suing a doctor for malpractice even though the initial problem is the fault of these fatties...

Wow, bravo for you dude.
What about the young Mother who has 3 little children to take care of?? Does she drag them to the gym as well??
What about the people who have to work 6 days a week, sometimes 10 to 12 hours per day??.....where the hell do they find the time and effort to get to the gym??
And this gym you speak of, some people may not be able to afford the gym costs, so where do you suppose they get their hands on a free BowFlex??
It's all good that you brag on how well you keep yourself fit and thin and running and all, but there are plenty who have very legit reasons as to why they aren't jogging every day or buying fucking gym memberships.

I see mothers with jogging strollers pushing a couple of kids on a very frequent basis.

The key concept here is ATTITUDE. Is somebody has a goal to be healthy, they can find a healthy lifestyle that fits their economic situation.

EDIT: My mother had five kids in six years, and maintained a slim figure. She did HOUSEWORK. One doesn't need an expensive gym membership to stay fit.

But what I was really getting at was the fact the dude said THERE IS NO EXCUSE for being fat.
That's his opinion, and I had to state mine. I happen to think the poster just doesn't like fat folks, but....I could be fucking wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no excuse for being fat. Most fat people are lazy, eat the wrong foods. My wife and I used to take our two kids in their strollers for three or four mile walks every day when they were younger. it was a win-win situation - we kept fit, they fell asleep. Most fatties I know will find excuse after excuse not to exercise or eat correctly.

How many morbidly obese people do you know eat correctly and exercise. Me? I know not a one...

If you read the OP, you'll see that these doctors are actually worried more about that typically American past time of being sued. Apparently the fatter you are, the more complications there can be, and the more complications there can be, the more chances of getting something wrong.

As Mad Scientist mentioned about his relatives, most Tellie Tubbies are in denial and state their obesity is not their fault. I can easily see them trying to make their fat, lazy arses some easy money by suing a doctor for malpractice even though the initial problem is the fault of these fatties...

It's a sad fact too, because I understand what you're saying....we, as a whole, have become so damn sue happy, it's a nightmare.
People sue because the coffee is too hot, people sue because they slipped on a wet floor because they didn't see the 'wet floor' sign.....we have become a nation of sue addicts~
So I see why some doctors might be leary of treating overweight people.

There is no excuse for being fat. Most fat people are lazy, eat the wrong foods. My wife and I used to take our two kids in their strollers for three or four mile walks every day when they were younger. it was a win-win situation - we kept fit, they fell asleep. Most fatties I know will find excuse after excuse not to exercise or eat correctly.

How many morbidly obese people do you know eat correctly and exercise. Me? I know not a one...

Actually, I don't think I know any morbidly obese folks, but I do know some who are overweight~

Wow, bravo for you dude.

Most morbidly obese people choose to live that way. Here's an example of one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkvdEoM4Uqs]YouTube - I Eat 33,000 Calories a day - Lisa Sellers[/ame]

Most morbidly obese people choose to live that way. Here's an example of one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkvdEoM4Uqs]YouTube - I Eat 33,000 Calories a day - Lisa Sellers[/ame]

Yeah, that's pretty morbidly obese, I don't know anyone who looks like that~
I can't help but wonder how they live their lives being so large.....maybe when they get to that point, they just don't care anymore??
Or figure there's no getting back to how they were??

The clip is from a show on TLC called "I Eat 33,000 Calories A Day".

It's incredibly depressing. The show features a few morbidly obese people ranging from still ambulatory to "mattress with arms and legs" stages. One pretty common theme was that they had enablers who brought them food.

The best summary I can provide is a paraphrased quote from one woman who said "I feel happy when I'm eating, and sad when I stop".

Some ob-gyns in South Florida turn away overweight women

So the discrimination and rationing begins. It's always subtle at first and 'rational'.

Malpractice insurance is higher than almost all other states. Why over the past two decades have OBGYNs preferred C-sections over natural birth? Answer: It's a simply surgical procedure vs. potential complications (and they can charge twice as much as an added incentive.)

But what's the real point you're trying to make? Haven't doctors in every specialty always chosen whether or not to treat someone?

Forum List

Back