NYT: He did it because he was Harrassed about being Muslim.

Emma,
If there's one thing we are good at in the military it's closing the door once the dog's out. That said, i don't know if the monitoring system for caregivers was around before this......I'm not a medical guy.
Didn't think much of the lack of outlet for the 'non-radical' marbles created simply by the 'normal' stress of his job. Yup, I can see where that would have plugged directly into his isolation as well.
Duly noted ;)

I'm not surprised. Even though the stress is acknowledged to exist and TPTB realize how it impacts us as caregivers, we don't have an 'official' system in place to help us decompress. It's up to us to find our own means of support. Sad.

mal, I see you are continuing to push this lie. The NYTs didn't say he did it because he was harassed any more than FAUX said he did it because he was overworked when they published a story with speculation that he was overworked.

Liar.

mal, I see you are continuing to push this lie. The NYTs didn't say he did it because he was harassed any more than FAUX said he did it because he was overworked when they published a story with speculation that he was overworked.

Liar.

You're Inability to Read and Comprehend is NOT my Concern.

:)

peace...

He did it because he was a muslim. He was not an American. There is no other explanation. He simply played the Army for a free M.D. and when it came time to pay-up he did the allah-akbar bullshit and slaughtered the stupid, naive, infidels.

He did it because he was a muslim. He was not an American. There is no other explanation. He simply played the Army for a free M.D. and when it came time to pay-up he did the allah-akbar bullshit and slaughtered the stupid, naive, infidels.

You are an idiot Kyzr.
To claim that a Muslim cannot be an 'American' is not only embarrassingly ridiculous, but part of exactly the type of BS that helped to push Hasan to take the cowardly path he did.
So here's your assignment: Define 'American'.
Standing by.....

Link to the Evidence of that?...

A soldier who'd recently returned from Iraq keyed his car and tore off a bumper sticker related to his religion. He was arrested and charged. I'll see if I can find an article with the details.

Probably had something to do with his outspoken support of the animals who are terrorizing Iraq & Afghanistan, and killing our troops.

Sorry, reaping what you sow doesn't qualify as being unfairly harassed over your religion.

Sigh....actually, it does...at least in the eyes of the law.

Given Hasan's stated sympathy to the aforementioned animals he's become one of, I feel EXACTLY where you are coming from. But all that was done at Walter Reed. Those who took that report wouldn't (and shouldn't) have known about all that....idiocy.
So far as the guy who damaged his car goes....Chris Rock puts it best. "I wouldn't do that...but I UNDERSTAND."

Given Hasan's stated sympathy to the aforementioned animals he's become one of, I feel EXACTLY where you are coming from. But all that was done at Walter Reed. Those who took that report wouldn't (and shouldn't) have known about all that....idiocy.
So far as the guy who damaged his car goes....Chris Rock puts it best. "I wouldn't do that...but I UNDERSTAND."

There's nothing mentioned of the guy who keyed his car as anything but a resident of the same apartment complex, and irritated that Hasan is Muslim. I'd say it was unlikely he knew of Hasan's politics.

A consensus seems to have formed here at The Atlantic that the Ft. Hood massacre means not very much at all. Megan McArdle writes that "there is absolutely no political lesson to be learned from this." James Fallows says: "The shootings never mean anything. Forty years later, what did the Charles Whitman massacre 'mean'? A decade later, do we 'know' anything about Columbine?" And the Atlantic Wire has already investigated the motivation for the shooting, and released its preliminary findings. Of Nidal Malik Hasan, the Wire states: "A 39-year-old Army psychiatrist, he appears to have not been motivated by his Muslim religion, his Palestinian heritage (he is American by nationality), or any related political causes."

When Muslims Commit Violence - Jeffrey Goldberg

Looks like mal was right. The Press and the the President "Nothing here folks. Move along now" Unbelievable. How do these people sleep at night?

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Fort Hood jihadist's coworkers saw warning signs, but said nothing for fear of seeming bigoted
Details here.

So this is what it has come to -- this is the fruit of the long-term efforts by groups such as the Council on American-Islamic Relations and others, to stigmatize and demonize everyone who speaks honestly about the threat of jihad and Islamic supremacism. People are afraid to speak up about what they see, when they know it is wrong.

And all it cost this week was 13 dead and 38 wounded.

Some saw warning signs ahead of US Army shooting - Israel News, Ynetnews

Check out this guy:

NEW YORK — A New York City bicycle cabbie who mocked the murder of American journalist Daniel Pearl and posted a prayer on the Web calling for the murder of Jews is now sending a "Get Well Soon" message to the suspected Fort Hood gunman, the New York Post reported.

Yousef al-Khattab, 41, a radical Muslim in the borough of Queens who runs RevolutionMuslim.com, claims on the site that the soldiers massacred at the Texas base deserved to be massacred, and he insists the victims are in "eternal hellfire." As for the suspected gunman — Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan — Al-Khattab hails him as a hero.

Al-Khattab, a Jewish-born New Jersey native formerly named Joseph Cohen, converted to Islam in 2004. Known by the FBI for posting radical messages online, al-Khattab claims that the 13 murdered and 38 wounded soldiers at Fort Hood were "terrorists" who deserved to die.

"Rest assured the slain terrorists at Ft. Hood are in the eternal hellfire," al-Khattab writes online.

On Oct. 7, al-Khattab posted a message on the Web calling on Allah to carry out "wrath on the Jewish occupiers of Palestine & their supporters." "Please throw liquid drain cleaner in their faces," he wrote. " … burn their flammable sukkos while they sleep … Ya Allah (Oh God) answer my duaa (prayer)." ("Sukkos" refers to the Jewish holiday of Sukkot, during which Jews build and eat their meals in outdoor huts known as "sukkahs," which represent the huts the Jews lived in during their exodus from Egypt.)

Al Khattab insists that his hatred is protected by the First Amendment. "If it was a threat, I'd be in jail," the 41-year-old al-Khattab told FoxNews.com in October.
New York-Based Radical Muslim Hails Fort Hood Massacre - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

"nothing here folks. move along..." :evil:

You are an idiot Kyzr.
To claim that a Muslim cannot be an 'American' is not only embarrassingly ridiculous, but part of exactly the type of BS that helped to push Hasan to take the cowardly path he did.
So here's your assignment: Define 'American'.
Standing by.....

An American is someone who puts the safety and welfare of fellow citizens above all else. It is someone who would not perform an "honor killing". It is someone who dies not send money to terrorists. It is someone who does not celebrate 9/11 or puts their religion above their citizenship.
A real American would NEVER kill fellow patriotic Americans.

I'm waiting for you to admit that muslim "infiltrators" like Akbar who threw a grenade into his command post should not be in the military without some additional proof of sincerity, like periodic lie detector tests.

Alleged shooter tied to mosque of 9/11 hijackers
Hasan apparently attended mosque when a radical imam preached there

Alleged shooter tied to mosque of 9/11 hijackers - Tragedy at Fort Hood- msnbc.com
updated 4:42 p.m. MT, Sun., Nov . 8, 2009

WASHINGTON - The alleged Fort Hood shooter apparently attended the same Virginia mosque as two Sept. 11 hijackers in 2001, at a time when a radical imam preached there.

Whether the Fort Hood shooter associated with the hijackers is something the FBI will probably look into, according to a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

The family of Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the Army psychiatrist who killed 13 and wounded 29 at the Texas military base, held his mother's funeral at the Dar al Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, Va., on May 31, 2001, according to her obituary in the Roanoke Times newspaper.

---

Allegedly... Apparently... But he was Harassed by Mean Old Soldiers, Damn it!

peace...

A consensus seems to have formed here at The Atlantic that the Ft. Hood massacre means not very much at all. Megan McArdle writes that "there is absolutely no political lesson to be learned from this." James Fallows says: "The shootings never mean anything. Forty years later, what did the Charles Whitman massacre 'mean'? A decade later, do we 'know' anything about Columbine?" And the Atlantic Wire has already investigated the motivation for the shooting, and released its preliminary findings. Of Nidal Malik Hasan, the Wire states: "A 39-year-old Army psychiatrist, he appears to have not been motivated by his Muslim religion, his Palestinian heritage (he is American by nationality), or any related political causes."

When Muslims Commit Violence - Jeffrey Goldberg

Looks like mal was right. The Press and the the President "Nothing here folks. Move along now" Unbelievable. How do these people sleep at night?

Thanks... ;)

I got Insider 411 on Certain Issues... You'll notice that.

Remember Balloon Boy?... Where is that Krafty Kid anyway! ;)

peace...

There's nothing mentioned of the guy who keyed his car as anything but a resident of the same apartment complex, and irritated that Hasan is Muslim. I'd say it was unlikely he knew of Hasan's politics.

No, I read that the Person who Allegedly Keyed his Car was an "Employee of the Army"...

It's here somewhere.

peace...

Imam tied to 9/11 hijackers praises Hasan
Alleged Fort Hood shooter is conscious and talking at Army hospital

updated 54 minutes ago
Imam tied to 9/11 hijackers praises Hasan - Tragedy at Fort Hood- msnbc.com

FORT HOOD, Texas - A radical American imam on Yemen's most wanted militant list who had contact with two 9/11 hijackers on Monday praised alleged Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan as a hero on his personal Web site.

The posting on the Web site for Anwar al Awlaki, who was a spiritual leader at two mosques where three 9/11 hijackers worshipped, said American Muslims who condemned the attacks on the Texas military base last week are hypocrites who have committed treason against their religion.

peace...

No, I read that the Person who Allegedly Keyed his Car was an "Employee of the Army"...

I know. I said he was a returning soldier. That doesn't mean he knew Hasan. Reports said Hasan was evaluating soldiers who were being deployed, and he'd only been there since June (July?). So it's not likely this person had encountered him on base. Besides that, the landlord who confronted him about what he did said the guy was upset that a Muslim was living in his complex.

Forum List

Back