NYPD officer in Eric Garner case fired

If I break a policy at work I'm likely going to get fired. If I break a policy at work and someone dies, you can bet I am going to get fired.

I have no idea why some hold a police officer to a different standard. Just do what you are instructed and no one gets fired.
..unless you are a cop, you are full of shit!!!
..cops are dealing with HUMANS--humans that don't want to COMPLY!!!!!
these are DYNAMIC situations----
...a BIG jackass human that doesn't want the cops to cuff him/etc--and has already been arrested for ASSAULT can KILL the cop--HURT the cop
..do you deal with people that assault?? are big and can hurt you??WANT to hurt you?? if not STFU

That’s what I told him too. I’m a retired police officer and have been in these situations. It’s not easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A real police officer does not defend the violations of people's rights.
THIRTY arrests---
he was trying to arrest him --plain and simple
EG did not comply
the cop was NOT trying kill him, but to subdue him
this is simple stuff that you do not understand because your brain is washed

For petty nothing stuff. Just think what this costs the taxpayers compared to what they were losing by him selling someone a smoke for .50 cents.

We are getting these rulings finally because yes, something will break if not. Protests worked.
Protesters should not be influencing our courts, but unfortunately i think they are.

That's exactly why the founders respected and protected our rights to protest. Always with the arguments to dismantle the Constitution.

What a liberal moron you are and stupid too

The facts are I'm to the right of you. I'm the one defending the Constitution. You are arguing to dismantle it over your hatred of people you see as somehow different than you.
..you people are so full of shit--and would be if you had to deal with humans--you'd shit in your pants at the first sign of someone giving you trouble
you people would ALSO shoot some jackass black that is threatening
DON'T try to lie or BULLSHIT us
--unless---unless--you would ALLOW someone to beat the shit out of you.....!!!!???

If I saw someone hand someone a cigarette in exchange for .50 cents I would mind my own business. I would be embarrassed to arrest someone over that.

We are getting these rulings finally because yes, something will break if not. Protests worked.
Protesters should not be influencing our courts, but unfortunately i think they are.

That's exactly why the founders respected and protected our rights to protest. Always with the arguments to dismantle the Constitution.

The facts are I'm to the right of you. I'm the one defending the Constitution. You are arguing to dismantle it over your hatred of people you see as somehow different than you.

Really. You sound like a liberal. I will protect the Constitution to the end. This has nothing to do with the constitution.

And yet the settlement says it does.

Fellow officers are NOT happy with this. They fear it will lead to cops being told to back off and not enforce laws. Like they already do in Chicago, San Francisco, and these other Drm run cities. In turn, that just leads to more crime and more attacks on police, who have their hands tied.

the problem is not them enforcing laws, the problem is unjustly killing folks.

your are defending CRIMINALS--plain and simple
like Mike Brown
KScott
Asterling
ALL criminals resisting/fighting/attacking cops
AS and KS were ARMED!!!
MB attacking a cop

LOL.......I chuckle at replies like this. I clearly said that I will defend someone who has had their civil rights violated even if it was the result of them committing a crime.

If I break a policy at work I'm likely going to get fired. If I break a policy at work and someone dies, you can bet I am going to get fired.

I have no idea why some hold a police officer to a different standard. Just do what you are instructed and no one gets fired.
...a BIG jackass human that doesn't want the cops to cuff him/etc--and has already been arrested for ASSAULT can KILL the cop--HURT the cop
..do you deal with people that assault?? are big and can hurt you??WANT to hurt you?? if not STFU

That’s what I told him too. I’m a retired police officer and have been in these situations. It’s not easy

these people are so full of shit and LIES
they would do the SAME thing, if not shit in their pants

They could never handle the projects I worked in.

Them first graders can be hard on a hall monitor when they haven't had their nap.

Fellow officers are NOT happy with this. They fear it will lead to cops being told to back off and not enforce laws. Like they already do in Chicago, San Francisco, and these other Drm run cities. In turn, that just leads to more crime and more attacks on police, who have their hands tied.

I just spoke to one of my nephews who works there and he said morale is low and they’re afraid to do there job because of backlash. It’s sad. Now that the liberals will complain because cops are not out there protecting people instead the. Ops have to protect themselves now.

This is how it begins.

The good cops will slowly (or quickly) disappear. Their hands are tied.

They will have to be replaced, but nobody worthwhile will want the job, so lesser qualified people will take their place and problems will only increase.

This is how cities under liberal rule die.

Shouldn't the Senior officer on scene be fired too

the problem is not them enforcing laws, the problem is unjustly killing folks.

They weren’t out to kill him. He resisted and they tried to subdue him. He died of a heart attack as he had numerous health issues. All he had to do is put his hands behind his back and that would have been it, but he didn’t he resisted and caused his own death.

Now. Are there bad cops out there yes, there are. Most of them get what they deserve. The problem now is everyone is blaming the police and are interfering with them to do there job. I know. I have been there and it’s not easy.

these people are so full of shit and LIES
they would do the SAME thing, if not shit in their pants

They could never handle the projects I worked in.

Them first graders can be hard on a hall monitor when they haven't had their nap.

Yeah you were bad when you were young. Your stupidity is amusing. You have no clue. Not one ounce of common sense. I don’t care if you believe me. You are irrelevant and that’s what pisses you off. Multiple people showed you that you were lying and you can’t stand it. We understand, your a child and don’t know better.

I just spoke to one of my nephews who works there and he said morale is low and they’re afraid to do there job because of backlash. It’s sad. Now that the liberals will complain because cops are not out there protecting people instead the. Ops have to protect themselves now.

This is how it begins.

The good cops will slowly (or quickly) disappear. Their hands are tied.

They will have to be replaced, but nobody worthwhile will want the job, so lesser qualified people will take their place and problems will only increase.

This is how cities under liberal rule die.

I agree 100%. That is why I am glad I’m retired.

Sgt. Adonis? I think she should get her trial before coming to any sort of judgement. Ask me after the trial.

Sgt. Adonis? I think she should get her trial before coming to any sort of judgement. Ask me after the trial.
Trial???? why do ya need a trial...she was on scene and didnt properly supervise her officer which resulted in death. Dont need any trial. If you support his firing hers should be a no brainer

Apparently, using a chokehold and restricting someone’s breathing is against department policy.

This begs the question, why wasn’t the cop fired sooner?

If there were multiple cops on the scene, it seems rather obvious that using a chokehold was unnecessary.

He definitely deserved to be fired at the very least. He probably should be prosecuted.

Apparently, using a chokehold and restricting someone’s breathing is against department policy.

This begs the question, why wasn’t the cop fired sooner?

Because the Obama administration drug their feet on this issue.

If there were multiple cops on the scene, it seems rather obvious that using a chokehold was unnecessary.

He definitely deserved to be fired at the very least. He probably should be prosecuted.

Later that evening, Attorney General Eric Holder announced that the Department of Justice will proceed with a federal civil rights investigation into Mr. Garner's death.

President Obama Delivers a Statement on the Grand Jury Decision in the Death of Eric Garner

And then did absolutely nothing. The city delayed things to allow the Federal government to investigate the issue.

The policeman was not prosecuted
He was removed from his job for not doing his job

After he was investigated for indictment at the State AND the Federal level.

This reeks of them settling for crumbs.

He was doing his job, the question was how he did his job. Garner resisted arrest.
Since when is death the penalty for resisting arrest?

He wasn't executed. he died while resisting arrest.
You misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't say anything about "the death penalty", I stated truthfully that the penalty or rather punishment as prescribed by our laws for failing to obey a police officer or resisting arrest is not death, even if one were to be convicted of the offense. Therefore it is not reasonable that a police officer sets a series of events in motion the result of which can end with the death of the "suspect" for such a minor offense.

I don't know New York law specifically but presumably even had Garner been convicted of selling cigarettes unlawfully, the maximum punishishment for a misdemenor crime in less than 1 year in jail.

He was doing his job, the question was how he did his job. Garner resisted arrest.

You misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't say anything about "the death penalty", I stated truthfully that the penalty or rather punishment as prescribed by our laws for failing to obey a police officer or resisting arrest is not death, even if one were to be convicted of the offense. Therefore it is not reasonable that a police officer sets a series of events in motion the result of which can end with the death of the "suspect" for such a minor offense.

I don't know New York law specifically but presumably even had Garner been convicted of selling cigarettes unlawfully, the maximum punishishment for a misdemenor crime in less than 1 year in jail.

By your logic then a cop could not risk killing someone they are trying to arrest unless that person is committing a capital crime.

So basically they could only attempt to arrest people who commit first degree murder, and then only in States with the death penalty.

By your logic then a cop could not risk killing someone they are trying to arrest unless that person is committing a capital crime.

So basically they could only attempt to arrest people who commit first degree murder, and then only in States with the death penalty.

Don’t even bother. These idiots don’t know the first thing about the law, law enforcement or any knowledge of what happened. He didn’t have him in an illegal choke hold, he was with the rest of the officers where trying to subdue him and he kept resting. He died of a heart attack, not from a choke hold as he had numerous health issues. The cop wasn’t found guilty but the department fired him because the mayor is an asshole and they knew the animals would protest. These pansies think they know what there talking about but don’t have a clue. If they had to arrest this guy they shit there pants. Until you walk in our shoes your opinions and comments mean nothing. It took what 3 Cops to try and subdue him but that’s ok the. Ops can get hurt or killed but the piece of shit whose been locked up 30 has to be handled carefully. Instead of complaining from behind your desk where your nice and safe, try doing the job and then come and talk to me. The complainers would never dare become a cop or a fireman because they’re scared of there own shadow

Don’t even bother. These idiots don’t know the first thing about the law, law enforcement or any knowledge of what happened. He didn’t have him in an illegal choke hold, he was with the rest of the officers where trying to subdue him and he kept resting. He died of a heart attack, not from a choke hold as he had numerous health issues. The cop wasn’t found guilty but the department fired him because the mayor is an asshole and they knew the animals would protest. These pansies think they know what there talking about but don’t have a clue. If they had to arrest this guy they shit there pants. Until you walk in our shoes your opinions and comments mean nothing. It took what 3 Cops to try and subdue him but that’s ok the. Ops can get hurt or killed but the piece of shit whose been locked up 30 has to be handled carefully. Instead of complaining from behind your desk where your nice and safe, try doing the job and then come and talk to me. The complainers would never dare become a cop or a fireman because they’re scared of there own shadow

Your ignorance and lack of knowledge of what you claim to be your professional is beyond appauling. You don't possess the professionalism to do the job properly if you are unable to perform your duties without a guarantee that you can kill whomever you so choose, for any petty, minor offense, without any repercussions at all.

You're a disgrace to the professional men and women who actually perform the job day in and day out without violating anyone's civil rights or causing the unwarranted death of other human beings.

Lastly, with the lack of knowledge & intelligence (or more accurately, lack thereof) that you've demonstrated on this board alone, you've got no room to be calling anyone else names denigrating their mental facilities. How in the hell can anyone other than a dumbass retire from a career in law enforcement without knowing that our justice system doesn't find defendants "Innocent". It's either guilty or not guilty, and with a burden of proof of around 98% a person can be 97% guilty and still not be convicted. That's hardly "innocent" even if that were the proper legal term.

Forum List

Back