NYC breaks snow record set in 1871

Denver in the summer used to have rainstorms every summer day on Thursdays, snowed in the winter once a week. Now? We have dead pine tree trees everywhere, snow every other month. Precipitation is scarce all the time...The climate IS changing.
Last time I flew over Montana, there were huge patches of brown, dead trees, all over the mountains. Last year, those trees were providing fuel for the huge fires they had there.

Nature's way of replenishing the forests..... been happening for about a billion years!
You dumb fuck. Those were bug kill trees, that then fed the record fires this year. Damn, why don't you just advertise your stupidity?

Nah.....c'mon now....you just tend to the hysterical whenever a fire breaks out anywhere.

As I have astutely pointed out with facts and figures many times in the past, some of the largest and most devastating forest fires in the Western United States happened decades before they built the Titanic. And let's face it ....people of been seeing California wildfires on the TV for decades. Nobody cares.... except you and a handful of hysterical climate crusaders in this forum!!!!

People have waaaaaaaay Too Many real things to worry about in their life than worry about a st00pid forest fire..... may not sit well with you but that's the way it is
An ignorant dumb fuck of a city boy may not know what the forests mean, but that is where you get your water. And the oxygen in the air you breath. It is where people like me hunt when we have need of meat and little income. That has not been the case for me for decades, but I would like the option to remain. Go ahead and pretend your cold steel canyons are everything in life.

I'm simply saying nobody cares.... people who don't live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by gigantic forests have many many more concerns then worrying about forest fires...... they know they'll grow back just like they have for billions of years. I just never got people worrying about stupid stuff.... what can I say?

C'mon now..... there may be a couple of thousand people that think like you. It's called being irrelevant.

Hey by the way.... did you hear what the EPA did today? I'm still laughing my balls off.

Let me put it another way: Politics is about popularity, adulteration, manipulation and pandering to the lowest popular weasel whacking moronic denominator , that's it. But science is subtle, it's about sheer unadulterated facts. No Sugar, no pandering, what you see is what you get. Truth. And the truth is out there , kids. You don't need a Ouija board to find it. Just common sense.

Let me put it another way: Politics is about popularity, adulteration, manipulation and pandering to the lowest popular weasel whacking moronic denominator , that's it. But science is subtle, it's about sheer unadulterated facts. No Sugar, no pandering, what you see is what you get. Truth. And the truth is out there , kids. You don't need a Ouija board to find it. Just common sense.

Meh....been hearing that for 20 years.... looks like nobody is finding the "common sense". At the end of the day it's the only thing that matters sweetie

I piss off a lot of folks pointing out the obvious. Theists and atheists, Democrats and Republicans alike. And the plain and obvious thing, it's subtle as heck...7 billion people. We cull deer, we euthanize animals for less numbers than this...But, SEVEN billion people? That's OK. We all know it isn't. Pollution is a side effect,and disease, famine or war, we are going to one way or the other, commit mass suicide. Dead as dodos. Mass extinction, because we are so damned smart. Hubris.

Last edited:
Good time to point out that Northern Hemisphere snowfall totals are ABOVE one standard deviations on average for the winter, above TWO standard deviations In early spring:

View attachment 186106

LINK

er, evidence of climate change, or something

Possible evidence leading to a cooling future, there have been signs of it in recent years.
Really? Evidence like this?
UAH_LT_1979_thru_March_2018_v6.jpg

http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/uploads/UAH_LT_1979_thru_March_2018_v6.jpg
That chart shows no warming for 2 decades

Denver in the summer used to have rainstorms every summer day on Thursdays, snowed in the winter once a week. Now? We have dead pine tree trees everywhere, snow every other month. Precipitation is scarce all the time...The climate IS changing.
Last time I flew over Montana, there were huge patches of brown, dead trees, all over the mountains. Last year, those trees were providing fuel for the huge fires they had there.
Why prior to the invention of the internal combustion engine, we never even had forset fires

I piss off a lot of folks pointing out the obvious. Theists and atheists, Democrats and Republicans alike. And the plain and obvious thing, it's subtle as heck...7 billion people. We cull deer, we euthanize animals for less numbers than this...But, SEVEN billion people? That's OK. We all know it isn't. Pollution is a side effect,and disease, famine or war, we are going to one way or the other, commit mass suicide. Dead as dodos. Mass extinction, because we are so damned smart. Hubris.
Let me guess.... You wont lead by example but your ok with millions of others being killed.... For your cause... Hypocrisy or hubris?

Yuck yuck.... here on Long Island went out with my coffee at 5 a.m.. wind chill factor makes it feel like the low 20's. Had to run back into the house to get my nut sack warmers.

Was wondering...... what the tens of millions of people in the Northeast are thinking about global warming this morning?:113::113::113:

About 5.5 inches of snow breaks the old record of 2 inches for April 2. I expect the global warming cult will use the term "climate change" rather than global warming from now on. What happened in 1871 to cause 2 inches of snow in NYC on April 2, horse poop?

It is cold as shit in Chicago. I hope this Global Warming kicks it already

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Chicago..... global... Chicago.... global... since when was Chicago the world?

I live in Chicago, so that is what I care about

About 5.5 inches of snow breaks the old record of 2 inches for April 2. I expect the global warming cult will use the term "climate change" rather than global warming from now on. What happened in 1871 to cause 2 inches of snow in NYC on April 2, horse poop?

It is cold as shit in Chicago. I hope this Global Warming kicks it already

Chicago..... global... Chicago.... global... since when was Chicago the world?

I live in Chicago, so that is what I care about

Then can I suggest that you don't talk about global warming then.... only Chicago warming.

The reality is with weather, the global picture impacts the local picture.

The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, the amount in the oceans, will impact your weather.

Get over it.

Hmm... crickets from Billy Boy.

PS: the global picture (of CLIMATE) certainly can (and STATISTICALLY will) affect the local picture (of CLIMATE).

The cause of your unseasonal snow is Rossby waves in the jet stream. The jet stream has deviated from its usual near-iso-latitudinal route to one consisting of large north and south deviations. That brings warm air into the Arctic in the western Pacific and Atlantic and cold air south in the northeastern US and Europe (with such cycles continuing as you round the globe). The net effect from those oscillations on the EARTH's temperature is ZIP.

And three guesses as to what causes Rossby waves (and the first two don't count).

Why are AGW-deniers so often seemingly proud of their ignorance?

Last edited:

PS: the global picture (of CLIMATE) certainly can (and STATISTICALLY will) affect the local picture (of CLIMATE).

The cause of your unseasonal snow is Rossby waves in the jet stream. The jet stream has deviated from its usual near-iso-latitudinal route to one consisting of large north and south deviations. That brings warm air into the Arctic in the western Pacific and Atlantic and cold air south in the northeastern US and Europe (with such cycles continuing as you round the globe). The net effect from those oscillations on the EARTH's temperature is ZIP.

And three guesses as to what causes Rossby waves (and the first two don't count).

Because we don't have to care s0n.... you can be proud as hell when your side is winning. You've been talkin about Rossby waves in here for at least 5 years.... nobody else talks about Rossby waves. Now I suppose if science is your hobby it's a fun topic to kick around..... but debating this year after year after year after year has netted your side exactly.....what? The science is "decided" is it not?

Well then why have the policy makers consistently shown a propensity to not give a shit?

Why are you such a poor debater?

You have already ignored IPCC short term prediction/projection failures, thus you have nothing but swirling eyed nasty comments to offer, no real debate at all ever comes from you.

The IPCC clearly stated there would be LESS snow and more freezing rain, yet we get the opposite which you warmists are using tortured pretzel quality rationalizations.

From the 2001 report,

Snow cover is projected to contract.

Reality from Rutgers Snow Labs
nhland_season4.png

In the link is the Winter chart that shows a smaller increase from 1967.

Stop fighting it!

Forum List

Back