NY AG Lied about coalition

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
The New York Attorney General lied about having 17 States AG with him pursuing action against Exxon and other companies supposedly lying about man made global warming.

The article is gone now on the web source I use but it was about the fact that no other State ever actually agreed to join him on his quest. Virgin Islands did issue some warrants but those were recalled.

13 Republican AG's told the New York AG that if he could pursue claims against companies for opposing Global warming claims then they could pursue cases against the out right lies and misinformation issued routinely by those claiming man causes global warming.

Further the NY AG never issued any actual warrants to search that are enforceable by law.

The New York Attorney General lied about having 17 States AG with him pursuing action against Exxon and other companies supposedly lying about man made global warming.

The article is gone now on the web source I use but it was about the fact that no other State ever actually agreed to join him on his quest. Virgin Islands did issue some warrants but those were recalled.

13 Republican AG's told the New York AG that if he could pursue claims against companies for opposing Global warming claims then they could pursue cases against the out right lies and misinformation issued routinely by those claiming man causes global warming.

Further the NY AG never issued any actual warrants to search that are enforceable by law.

Typical leftist behavior....ends justify the means.

Do you have a source for this information Gunny? Cause, when I search Google with "new york attorney general lied about coalition", the only response I get that isn't on the other side of this story is a link to this very thread.

Do you have a source for this information Gunny? Cause, when I search Google with "new york attorney general lied about coalition", the only response I get that isn't on the other side of this story is a link to this very thread.
It was a story on a news site but it was only up on yahoo a short time. Yahoo has some weird sites they link to. I will look too.

Perhaps it was the only one and is no longer up because it wasn't true.

Might be But usually the articles I see from none know fake sites or comedy sites are true. Perhaps as they say certain people did not appreciate the article and had it removed. Or perhaps you can point out what the 17 States AGs have done to further the supposed coalition and its moves on Exxon and Company?

"After investigations by Inside Climate News and the Los Angeles Times showed ExxonMobil’s own scientists recognized the risks of burning fossil fuels in the 1980s., the company faced harsh criticism even from some shareholders as well as possible legal action. Yet remarkably even in the face of these revelations Exxon continues to fund climate science denial. Recent recipients include such stalwart denialists as the American Enterprise Institute and the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)."
The Contemporary Condition: Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire: Exxon, Neoliberalism, and the Climate Crisis

Might be But usually the articles I see from none know fake sites or comedy sites are true. Perhaps as they say certain people did not appreciate the article and had it removed. Or perhaps you can point out what the 17 States AGs have done to further the supposed coalition and its moves on Exxon and Company?

This article posted yesterday Conservative think tank sues New York's attorney general, looking for Exxon investigation 'conspiracy' would indicate that the coalition is alive and well.

Forum List

Back