Nunchaku Again Legal In Arizona

WillPower

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2018
Long after unlicensed conceal-carry for firearms was approved, Arizona law still forbade us martial artists from having "nunchucks"....it was a felony to possess them, much less carry unless "on the way to an exhibition". So how could we have them for an exhibition without possessing them before and after???? Ancient Okinawa farmers used them as rice flails (one short stick, one long stick) but apparently Phoenix street gangs were using them back in the 60's as head flails. If you know what you're doing with them (and I do) you can really mess somebody up. But come on....it's 2019 and our GOP Governor Doug Ducey just made them legal again. Of course the democrats who'd blocked efforts before couldn't this time and are sniveling about it.... Here's how good Bruce Lee was with the sticks....some say this is a fake video, some say he did this...you decide. :20:

In Arizona, It's No Longer A Felony To Own Nunchucks

Last edited:
Long after unlicensed conceal-carry for firearms was approved, Arizona law still forbade us martial artists from having "nunchucks"....it was a felony to possess them, much less carry unless "on the way to an exhibition". So how could we have them for an exhibition without possessing them before and after???? Ancient Okinawa farmers used them as rice flails (one short stick, one long stick) but apparently Phoenix street gangs were using them back in the 60's as head flails. If you know what you're doing with them (and I do) you can really mess somebody up. But come on....it's 2019 and our GOP Governor Doug Ducey just made them legal again. Of course the democrats who'd blocked efforts before couldn't this time and are sniveling about it.... Here's how good Bruce Lee was with the sticks....some say this is a fake video, some say he did this...you decide. :20:

THAT's impressive. I actually have four pair of nunckaku and have practiced and studied with them since the mid-70s, in HS, used to knock cigarettes out of friend's mouths (can't believe they trusted me to do that!), and there is NO WAY I could do what Lee did, I might get a lucky shot or two. That is HARD.

• Banned

THAT's impressive. I actually have four pair of nunckaku and have practiced and studied with them since the mid-70s, in HS, used to knock cigarettes out of friend's mouths (can't believe they trusted me to do that!), and there is NO WAY I could do what Lee did, I might get a lucky shot or two. That is HARD.

My move is a low sweep across a shin, and when the target bends over grabbing his leg, crack both collar bones... he can't raise his arms at that point and at your mercy.

To fruity....
I'll just jab ya in the throat from a distance.

It's a bokken staff kata....the guy is skinny but has excellent form....Nunchaku can easily block a staff with proper technique...if's the staff is grabbed, you're helpless. But you're correct in that stabbing is the hardest move to block...we also stab with the ends of the sticks...count 3 buttons down and you're on the solar plexus.

My move is a low sweep across a shin, and when the target bends over grabbing his leg, crack both collar bones... he can't raise his arms at that point and at your mercy.

You are too kind. I tend to use the sticks to strike more as a block (their attack) just to get in close enough to use them as a solid object (held straight as if a single piece / short staff) to then thrust into the eye socket or breast bone / solar plexus blinding or causing crippling pain. At that point, it is like a nutcracker around the neck/throat to crush the windpipe or to just control and suffocate them until you decide what you want to do with them. In Hung Gar, no fight should go beyond three moves.

Seriously? That ping pong video is fake. :laugh:

To fruity....
I'll just jab ya in the throat from a distance.

It's a bokken staff kata....the guy is skinny but has excellent form....Nunchaku can easily block a staff with proper technique...if's the staff is grabbed, you're helpless. But you're correct in that stabbing is the hardest move to block...we also stab with the ends of the sticks...count 3 buttons down and you're on the solar plexus.
Nunchucks are extremely inneffective weapons. No one has ever blocked a staff with nunchucks. You guys watch too many movies.

Nunchucks are extremely inneffective weapons. No one has ever blocked a staff with nunchucks. You guys watch too many movies.

I've been involved in Karate and American Judo for 50 years, owned two dojos, and had extensive US military training in unarmed self-defense. I've not only blocked bokken staff thrusts on several occasions but taught hundreds of uki defensive nunchaku tactics. I don't watch movies...You have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited:
You are too kind. I tend to use the sticks to strike more as a block (their attack) just to get in close enough to use them as a solid object (held straight as if a single piece / short staff) to then thrust into the eye socket or breast bone / solar plexus blinding or causing crippling pain. At that point, it is like a nutcracker around the neck/throat to crush the windpipe or to just control and suffocate them until you decide what you want to do with them. In Hung Gar, no fight should go beyond three moves.

I keep my rope (old style oak sticks) short for speed so I don't use any choking technique although I've seen it. I'm a GoJu stylist but my partner taught Tang Soo Do and we combined techniques except when it came to belt-testing...that was kept pure. The major systems use somewhat different approaches to weapons training....in Goju Ryu we prefer a shorter rope to facilitate bringing the sticks together for blocking.

I've been involved in Karate and American Judo for 50 years, owned two dojos, and had extensive US military training in unarmed self-defense. I've not only blocked bokken staff thrusts on several occasions but taught hundreds of uki defensive nunchaku tactics. I don't watch movies...You have no idea what you're talking about.
Buuulllshiiit. Your McDojo experience isnt real world experience. Go watch videos of "masters" easily defeating mobs of their own students, then watch watch them in real fights getting their shit pushed in by amateurs.

Your nunchucks are a fucking joke. Ever seen a REAL fight with nunchucks? I have. Those things are uncontrollable the moment they make contact with something and the chains holding them together can snap after a couple hits.

You pull out nunchucks on me and ill double leg you faster than you can scream "keeeya".

If its such an effective weapon, why isnt one of these guys going down? Look at this fucking shit show of a fight between your fellow "karate masters".

Nunchucks, pff, get the fuck outa here. :laugh:

Last edited:
Buuulllshiiit. Your McDojo experience isnt real world experience. Go watch videos of "masters" easily defeating mobs of their own students, then watch watch them in real fights getting their shit pushed in by amateurs.

Your nunchucks are a fucking joke. Ever seen a REAL fight with nunchucks? I have. Those things are uncontrollable the moment they make contact with something and the chains holding them together can snap after a couple hits.

You pull out nunchucks on me and ill double leg you faster than you can scream "keeeya".

If its such an effective weapon, why isnt one of these guys going down? Look at this fucking shit show of a fight between your fellow "karate masters".

Nunchucks, pff, get the fuck outa here. :laugh:

LMAO! You wouldn't last 10 seconds in front of me....run along, clown.

Forum List

Back