Nuclear holocaust or Senator sex?

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Which subject gets the most attention by the media? You got it, senator sex trumps nuclear holocaust. Especially when it's a Republican sex scandal, no matter that it happened months ago.

The foreign news outlets are full of reports on the latest news about Iran and Ahmadinejad. To me this is just another huge example of U.S. media bias and irresponsibility. It serves the Dums to have any war coverage diverted and buried under a sex scandal. They will do anything to minimize it. There's almost a blackout on this topic in U.S. news.

Iran 'ready to fill US vacuum' in Iraq
"The political power of the occupiers (of Iraq) is being destroyed rapidly and very soon we will be witnessing a great power vacuum in the region,” Mr Ahmadinejad told a news conference broadcast live on state television.

“We, with the help of regional friends and the Iraqi nation, are ready to fill this void.”

Mr Ahmadinejad also rejected reports that Iran had slowed sensitive nuclear work which the West fears is aimed at making atom bombs, and said it would respond if the US branded the elite Revolutionary Guards a terrorist force.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22325956-5005961,00.html

Ahmadinejad: Iranian Nuclear Program Not Slowed
http://www.voanews.com/english/2007-08-28-voa55.cfm
Speaking to reporters in Tehran, President Ahmadinejad said the case is closed.

Bush Warns of Nuclear Holocaust

US President George W Bush on Tuesday raised the specter of a "nuclear holocaust" in the Middle East if Israel's arch-foe Iran gets atomic weapons, and demanded that Tehran end support for extremists in Iraq.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3443276,00.html

Tuesday August 28, 2007

George Bush stepped up the rhetoric over Iran today as he threatened to confront the hardline regime "before it's too late".

The US president - speaking hours after the Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadenijad, said his regime was ready to fill the power vacuum in Iraq - accused the Tehran government not only of being behind Shia insurgents in Iraq but also of supporting the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Mr Bush said Iran's nuclear programme would cast the Middle East "under a shadow of nuclear holocaust" and said the regime was the "the world's leading supporter of terrorism".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2157750,00.html

Which subject gets the most attention by the media? You got it, senator sex trumps nuclear holocaust. Especially when it's a Republican sex scandal, no matter that it happened months ago.

The foreign news outlets are full of reports on the latest news about Iran and Ahmadinejad. To me this is just another huge example of U.S. media bias and irresponsibility. It serves the Dums to have any war coverage diverted and buried under a sex scandal. They will do anything to minimize it. There's almost a blackout on this topic in U.S. news.

Yah... Clinton's indiscretions never got any press... RAFLMAO!

Sex=ratings. *rolls eyes*

and democrats never bitched about how much coverage Clinton had riding his nuts while other world issues were happening too, right?

Yah... Clinton's indiscretions never got any press... RAFLMAO!

Sex=ratings. *rolls eyes*

I'm not saying there should be no press on a Senator's sex scandal. On the contrary. A Senator's character is very important, as well as a President's. In fact, I think the guy is a slimeball as well as too stupid to be a Senator and anyone who lies in dealing with the law should resign immediately. Don't you agree?

However, impending nuclear holocaust is a much more serious subject don't you think?... and yet hardly anyone is broadcasting in the U.S. about about the latest developments...not a surprise given the liberal bias of the media...not to mention their penchant for sexual topics. All you hear about is tapping toes in a bathroom while the nutjob in Iran jacks up his threats. I find that quite irresponsible on the part of the media.

Bush is just scaring the mob again, no-one's taking that crap seriously.

Iran is a threat, BUT I agree, the rhetoric is old and won't play, not because they are busy railroading a Republican, but because no one in the Press cares.

Short of a Nuclear strike the left will pooh pooh any claim of a threat from Iran, no matter how well documented or how many nations concur. And after a strike they will be busy explaining how Iran was just defending themselves or a rogue general did it or..... pick some excuse, I mean it is just Jews they plan to kill for now and a bunch of Arabs, Liberals do not care about those people.

Iran is a threat, BUT I agree, the rhetoric is old and won't play, not because they are busy railroading a Republican, but because no one in the Press cares.

Short of a Nuclear strike the left will pooh pooh any claim of a threat from Iran, no matter how well documented or how many nations concur. And after a strike they will be busy explaining how Iran was just defending themselves or a rogue general did it or..... pick some excuse, I mean it is just Jews they plan to kill for now and a bunch of Arabs, Liberals do not care about those people.

Thank you for that balanced and insightful opinion.

I'm not saying there should be no press on a Senator's sex scandal. On the contrary. A Senator's character is very important, as well as a President's. In fact, I think the guy is a slimeball as well as too stupid to be a Senator and anyone who lies in dealing with the law should resign immediately. Don't you agree?

However, impending nuclear holocaust is a much more serious subject don't you think?... and yet hardly anyone is broadcasting in the U.S. about about the latest developments...not a surprise given the liberal bias of the media...not to mention their penchant for sexual topics. All you hear about is tapping toes in a bathroom while the nutjob in Iran jacks up his threats. I find that quite irresponsible on the part of the media.

And I think Gonzalez lying to Congress is more serious than Paris Hilton going to jail, but which got more coverage?

How the heck is Bush getting the Iranians to reinforce him then?

Ahmadinejad is in domestic trouble. He has failed to deal with some serious issues in his own trouble. So he's banging the Great Satan drum.

Bush is in domestic trouble...etc...so he's banging the Iran Wants to Nuke Everyone drum.

Both are full of it.

The last time anybody listened to Chimpy McPresident had anything to say about somebody getting nukyuhler (nukyaler...not really sure) weapons who shouldn't, we wound up with a quagmire in Iraq, a broken military AND NO NUKES. Bush and his neo-con cabal have no...zero...zilch...nada...credibility on this issue, or much of anything else for that matter. His speech the other day was probably taken, verbatim, from one of his speeches from the run up to the invasion of Iraq, just changing "Iraq" to "Iran".

Forum List

Back