Nuclear arms. Necessary evil or threat?

A threat that justifies a few of them justifies 2000 of them due to the theory of Mutually assured destruction. As long as Russia and China maintain credible arsenals, so must we. And reducing down to a few dozen makes us less safe, not more.
If everyone has 2000 warheads, none will be used.
If everyone has 20, they might.
:dunno:
Not really

No society is prepared to deal with millions of deaths

You can get that with twenty

I would like to ask you a theoretical question about nuclear weapons. Do you consider that the world need nuclear powers in order to keep peace in the modern world so far suffering from endless conflicts and war, or, we should refuse from using it and even keeping it?
There's a reason the world has not seen a major war since 1945:
Those who would engage in such wars are armed with nuclear weapons.
I agree, but I wonder why terrorists, for example ISIS, are not afraid of nuclear powers to use a nuclear bomb against them? Even more, as for me, their actions show that world powers should do it.

I would like to ask you a theoretical question about nuclear weapons. Do you consider that the world need nuclear powers in order to keep peace in the modern world so far suffering from endless conflicts and war, or, we should refuse from using it and even keeping it?
I agree, but I wonder why terrorists, for example ISIS, are not afraid of nuclear powers to use a nuclear bomb against them?
Unfortunately, war against terrorists groups is more complicated than war against other states, where we have more freedom to act.
The terrorists know this and exploit it.

I agree, but I wonder why terrorists, for example ISIS, are not afraid of nuclear powers to use a nuclear bomb against them?
Unfortunately, war against terrorists groups is more complicated than war against other states, where we have more freedom to act.
The terrorists know this and exploit it.
I agree there are limits to do this.

Iran can end all of it by shutting down its nuke production, ending the rhetoric about destroying Israel and stopping all the "Death to America" Crap.
You speak like they would do so immediately if they heard you. They have explanation of their policy and it's rather strong. Though I'm against their aggression towards Israel and America too.

Forum List

Back