NTSB begins probe into fatal scuba fire

Why is the knee jerk response by arm chair detectives centered on the design of the boat?
There is no way to design a boat that small to birth 40 people safely in any reasonable amount of comfort.

This boat holds 36 passengers
Lauren%20L%20profile.jpg

power-of-silence-S.jpg

Why is the knee jerk response by arm chair detectives centered on the design of the boat?
There is no way to design a boat that small to birth 40 people safely in any reasonable amount of comfort.

This boat holds 36 passengers
Lauren%20L%20profile.jpg

power-of-silence-S.jpg

Do you want another 34 people to burn to death?

If so keep quiet...……………

I have a soul

power-of-silence-S.jpg

What is it that you want kept quiet after 34 people burned to death

Again this boat is certified to carry 36 guest, one of the engines on this yacht cost twice what the entire Auschwitz special cost

Lauren%20L%20profile.jpg

Alcohol on the part of the crew seems to have been eliminated as a possible cause of the tragedy.

Dozens killed in dive boat fire came from all walks of life
By Stefanie Dazio and Julie Watson | AP
September 5 at 1:23 AM

Four crew members were given tests for alcohol, which were negative, and all five survivors had drug tests but the results are pending, Homendy said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e9-a620-0a91656d7db6_story.html?noredirect=on

Alcohol on the part of the crew seems to have been eliminated as a possible cause of the tragedy.

Dozens killed in dive boat fire came from all walks of life
By Stefanie Dazio and Julie Watson | AP
September 5 at 1:23 AM

Four crew members were given tests for alcohol, which were negative, and all five survivors had drug tests but the results are pending, Homendy said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e9-a620-0a91656d7db6_story.html?noredirect=on
So they may have been too stoned to find the extinguishers.

Thanks

Like I said before, after seeing the what the berthing was like, I can safely say that there wasn't enough room for a mass exodus like what you would need in a fire situation.

And, I can also tell you that those berths were crammed together even tighter than what we had on Navy vessels. Sorry, but I personally feel that the berthing didn't have enough room for all those people.

Like I said before, after seeing the what the berthing was like, I can safely say that there wasn't enough room for a mass exodus like what you would need in a fire situation.

And, I can also tell you that those berths were crammed together even tighter than what we had on Navy vessels. Sorry, but I personally feel that the berthing didn't have enough room for all those people.

This vessel and her sister ship have taken hundreds, more likely thousands of trips without a hitch. They were clean, well-kept ships very typical of thousands of other dive boats all around the country. Thousands here in Florida and where I worked in the Florida Keys.

I have no clue why a few know-nothings want to toss out their uneducated OPINION rather than wait for the actual findings.

Really sick puppies!

This vessel and her sister ship have taken hundreds, more likely thousands of trips without a hitch. They were clean, well-kept ships very typical of thousands of other dive boats all around the country. Thousands here in Florida and where I worked in the Florida Keys.

I have no clue why a few know-nothings want to toss out their uneducated OPINION rather than wait for the actual findings.

Really sick puppies!

Not an uneducated opinion. It comes from living in ships berthing for over 11 years out of the 20 I served. And, based on that experience, that is why I say that the berthing was too cramped for any kind of sudden exit for things like fires. Sorry, but there was just 1 exit at one end, and the fire escape at the other was a 2 1/2 foot square with a pull out hatch, that was above one of the top bunks, and wasn't really that accessible.

If they were in compliance, it was for the absolute bare minimum, in my opinion.

Not an uneducated opinion. It comes from living in ships berthing for over 11 years out of the 20 I served. And, based on that experience, that is why I say that the berthing was too cramped for any kind of sudden exit for things like fires. Sorry, but there was just 1 exit at one end, and the fire escape at the other was a 2 1/2 foot square with a pull out hatch, that was above one of the top bunks, and wasn't really that accessible.

If they were in compliance, it was for the absolute bare minimum, in my opinion.

I was a diver and worked some of my misspent youth as a divemaster on many boats out of Miami and the Florida Keys. I worked on salvage boats as well, no not treasure ships, those that did the dirty work.

IF what you claim is true, you would have a love of the ocean as I do and would want to know the facts before throwing out garbage.

I was a diver and worked some of my misspent youth as a divemaster on many boats out of Miami and the Florida Keys. I worked on salvage boats as well, no not treasure ships, those that did the dirty work.

IF what you claim is true, you would have a love of the ocean as I do and would want to know the facts before throwing out garbage.

Never said anything about loving the ocean or not. I simply said that living on a U.S. Navy vessel, I had a lot more room than those people did in our berthing, and those quarters were pretty tight. And, it could be a bit of a hassle getting ready for GQ if we were all in the berthing at the same time. Granted, civilian boats don't have regular drills because that isn't what they are there for, but those quarters were a bit too tight in my opinion as a Navy man who spent 20 years in the service.

Forum List

Back