NPR's Firing of Juan Williams Was Poorly Handled

Last edited:
All NPR accomplished with this absolutely horrible HR and PR Fracas was to turn Juan into both a Martyr and an Enemy.

Are you watching him tonight? He's chairing the O'Reilly Factor. I've never seen him so pissed off.

I've actually tuned in just to watch him. Damn, that man is hammering NPR..... I like him! :lol:

I became familiar with Williams at the same time on NPR and on FOX and was frustrated by his views as he seemed to logically be a Conservative but would then veer off into a Liberal conclusion on many topics.

Then I saw him moderating a forum with school children. They were probably in the range of 12 to 14 years old and one of the kids stated an opinion he said was from his teacher and then he disagreed with it. He went on to explain why he thought that his teacher was wrong in a kind of if-then scenario. He wanted Williams to weigh in to settle the dispute.

Contained in this intent was the need to show up his teacher.

Williams listened for the whole question and it was a Liberal point the kid was making. He considered for a moment his response and finally said that if there was a misunderstanding with the question or the answer that the kid needed to find out where that was and that he should give the teacher "another crack" at it.

I had a pardigm shift about Williams at that moment and suddenly found myself appreciating his swerving pragmatism.

As with most agenda driven, closed thought organizations, NPR has revealed itself to be a small and diliberate assassin of thought and a supporter of narrow values and fragile constructs. It deserves nothing but disdain and is a well of poisen and bile.

That haughty, elitist, brain dead Liberalist Zombie who mouthpieced the network response is a model of the atrocity that it has become and deserves every epithet that can be attached to her.

Soros and Media Matters were behind this fiasco. You can bet on that. NPR is a joke. Defund them immediately and be done with it. Soros owns them just like he owns the entire Democratic Party. Juan Williams can and will do better. Watch and see.

Are you watching him tonight? He's chairing the O'Reilly Factor. I've never seen him so pissed off.

I've actually tuned in just to watch him. Damn, that man is hammering NPR..... I like him! :lol:

I became familiar with Williams at the same time on NPR and on FOX and was frustrated by his views as he seemed to logically be a Conservative but would then veer off into a Liberal conclusion on many topics.

Then I saw him moderating a forum with school children. They were probably in the range of 12 to 14 years old and one of the kids stated an opinion he said was from his teacher and then he disagreed with it. He went on to explain why he thought that his teacher was wrong in a kind of if-then scenario. He wanted Williams to weigh in to settle the dispute.

Contained in this intent was the need to show up his teacher.

Williams listened for the whole question and it was a Liberal point the kid was making. He considered for a moment his response and finally said that if there was a misunderstanding with the question or the answer that the kid needed to find out where that was and that he should give the teacher "another crack" at it.

I had a pardigm shift about Williams at that moment and suddenly found myself appreciating his swerving pragmatism.

As with most agenda driven, closed thought organizations, NPR has revealed itself to be a small and diliberate assassin of thought and a supporter of narrow values and fragile constructs. It deserves nothing but disdain and is a well of poisen and bile.

That haughty, elitist, brain dead Liberalist Zombie who mouthpieced the network response is a model of the atrocity that it has become and deserves every epithet that can be attached to her.

Totally agree.

I've watched Williams on Fox for years. Can't tell you how many times he's subed for Bill on the Factor. Love him on the panel with CK on Brets show as well. He has no problem getting the liberal view across and I always enjoy hearing his side.

As for NPR. Well they screwed the pooch big time on this one. Bad enough they couldn't even bring Willams in to speak with him and try to work it out, the asswipe of a VP got on television and made her bs remarks about his supposed pyschiatrist and publicist. Talk about a non class act. Wonder if she and Totenberg, who made worse remarks, will get fired with the same class they showed Williams?? Ain't holding my breath folks.

Someone remind me why taxpayer money is funding a private company again??

Wonder if FOX, NBC, CBS, or ABC get taxpayer dollars??

NPR a class act all the way around. NOT.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back