NPR - biased or just bad humor?

Bad taste.... NPR should have been de-funded a lon time ago. The fact that it needs continued and increased taxpayer $$ means it is not viable.. kinda like USPS, Amtrak, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, SSI, Medicare, Medicaid.... and coming to a theatre near you.. GOVERNEMENT RUN HEALTHCARE!!!

Bad taste.... NPR should have been de-funded a lon time ago. The fact that it needs continued and increased taxpayer $$ means it is not viable.. kinda like USPS, Amtrak, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, SSI, Medicare, Medicaid.... and coming to a theatre near you.. GOVERNEMENT RUN HEALTHCARE!!!

Hey now don't leave out the RNC for funding problems.

And who are WE? Do WE all agree on what to tell them?

Do you mean your party?
Yes, they do mean their party.

And that video was HELLA funny.
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

I'm a long-time listener of NPR and am a member of the website, yesterday every comment I made on that page featuring the cartoon was censored by the neo-cons who flooded the site simply to express their "FAUX outrage."

Truth hurts it seems.

*shrugs*

And who are WE? Do WE all agree on what to tell them?

Do you mean your party?
Yes, they do mean their party.

And that video was HELLA funny.
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

I'm a long-time listener of NPR and am a member of the website, yesterday every comment I made on that page featuring the cartoon was censored by the neo-cons who flooded the site simply to express their "FAUX outrage."

Truth hurts it seems.

*shrugs*

No doubt the right wing pundits were telling their sheep about it and where to complain.

We had this subject on another thread yesterday.

btw it is not fully public finianced I think the current level of taxpayer funding is 10% or less.

If it gets .000000000000001% it should remain nonpartisan.

Obama feels he can bailout GM and tell them how to run their business.

I think we should be able to tell NPR what their programming can be.

Since NPR public funding is a function of the democratic process, you do get input. Sad day for you, you are in the extremist minority, and there aren't enough of you to tell NPR what their programming should be.

Ame®icano;1871657 said:
Learn To Speak Tea Bag

Should publicly financed media take sides?
Ummm both? I found it biased AND not very funny.

And yes, they should have the fairness doctrine instituted on them as a test case. Could you see the freakout if Bill Moyers was forced to share air time with Glenn Beck?

Comparing lawn mowers to apples is irrelevant.

Ever watch PBS or listen to NPR? they often have more on there representing the right than the left. An attempt to appease the right I suppose.
Yes, I do. Which NPR are you listening to?

KET based PBS/NPR in Kentucky. A few on the dial I usually listen to the one based in Lexington, KY.
I forget the frequency and such since I just push a button.

Now PBS TV is about 1/3 of my video viewing. Great stuff.
Charlie Rose interviews, NOVA, Frontline and various other shows.

NPR is the closest thing to talk radio that I listen to.

Last edited:
so you believe in censorship?

well, AQ agreed with you regarding cartoons depicting mohammed.

tell me how you're better than them again. :eusa_whistle:

I think censorship is bad.

I think giving both sides equal time is only fair.

After all....I'm not afraid of debating issues many Libs claim are closed to discussion.

so you support the Fairness Doctrine?
They are publicly funded, therefore, they should be required to not take sides or provide all sides. A private corporation can choose it's content. NPR/PBS is not representing equally to all citizens, therefore it is perfectly legitimate to demand this of them.

Otherwise, become a private entity and avoid it.

Ame®icano;1871657 said:
Learn To Speak Tea Bag

Ummm both? I found it biased AND not very funny.

And yes, they should have the fairness doctrine instituted on them as a test case. Could you see the freakout if Bill Moyers was forced to share air time with Glenn Beck?

they do usually have both sides represented.
Heck they even had Ron Paul on there last night I think it was, perhaps it was Sunday night.
Talk about extreme minority representation.

We had this subject on another thread yesterday.

btw it is not fully public finianced I think the current level of taxpayer funding is 10% or less.

Since NPR public funding is a function of the democratic process, you do get input. Sad day for you, you are in the extremist minority, and there aren't enough of you to tell NPR what their programming should be.
:lol: extremist minority! Demanding accountability and equality from a publicly funded service! :funnyface:

:lol: extremist minority! Demanding accountability and equality from a publicly funded service! :funnyface:

You get accountability. Legislatures fund that portion of public broadcasting that is tax supported. If you get enough legislators to vote against it, you win.

Good luck.

Ame®icano;1871657 said:

Preferrably, no. But it's clearly titled "Opinion" and is from a syndicated columnist, not an NPR reporter/columnist, so I don't consider it outlandishly eggregious. More or less on par with a publicly funded town government taking the side of Christianity in regards to it's holiday decoration choices. In the grand scheme of things, not much of a big deal.

PBS is the most unbiased media we have.

I miss Walter....
Calling PBS unbiased is tantamount to polling crack addicts on their favorite drug.

Only for those who do not want to hear the truth.
I listen to NPR on a regular basis. It always amazes me at how much ignorant 'analysis' they do by people who have no clue as to what's going on. The rest of the 'news' they program is chaff and flares to distract from real issues.

But it's clearly titled "Opinion" and is from a syndicated columnist, not an NPR reporter/columnist, so I don't consider it outlandishly eggregious.

This should be mandatory for all media. Used to be SOP back in the golden age of TV and Radio news. Now it has to be forcibly labeled due to all the advocacy journalism that pretends to be non biased 'innocent' reporting. Feh! yellow journalists should be painted such so nobody for a second considers them straight talking.

Not to mention, reporters and producer's political leanings should be made public and put at the end of their names like politicians.

Calling PBS unbiased is tantamount to polling crack addicts on their favorite drug.

I listen to NPR on a regular basis. It always amazes me at how much ignorant 'analysis' they do by people who have no clue as to what's going on. The rest of the 'news' they program is chaff and flares to distract from real issues.

But it's clearly titled "Opinion" and is from a syndicated columnist, not an NPR reporter/columnist, so I don't consider it outlandishly eggregious.

This should be mandatory for all media. Used to be SOP back in the golden age of TV and Radio news. Now it has to be forcibly labeled due to all the advocacy journalism that pretends to be non biased 'innocent' reporting. Feh! yellow journalists should be painted such so nobody for a second considers them straight talking.

Not to mention, reporters and producer's political leanings should be made public and put at the end of their names like politicians.

Ohh I fully agree. We need an on screen banner displayed when opinions are being discussed. It would be a permanant fixture on Fox.

and a blurb every 5 min on talk radio identifying opinions.

Ohh I fully agree. We need an on screen banner displayed when opinions are being discussed. It would be a permanant fixture on Fox.

and a blurb every 5 min on talk radio identifying opinions.
obviously we have different opinions on what is opinion versus factual reporting versus analysis. I think it should be up constantly on pretty much EVERY network because everyone's pushing an agenda. I'm sick of them getting away with it while claiming to be non-partisan/unbiased. I'd rather just have balanced bias... like Fox is.

Forum List

Back