Now we're talking- Wyoming to bring back the Firing Squad

Inmates serving life for murder murder other inmates as well as guards. Scumbags like Pee Wee Gaskins murdered a death row inmate while serving life for multiple murders and then was executed himself. There are a lot of examles. Unfortunately in non-death penalty states, they refuse to flush toilets.

Here's a guy that killed two at different times.

Gleason was serving life in prison for the 2007 fatal shooting of Michael Kent Jamerson in Amherst County. The murder was committed to cover up his involvement in a drug gang. In 2009, he became frustrated with prison officials because they refused to move out his new, mentally disturbed cell mate. Gleason hog-tied, beat and strangled 63-year-old Harvey Watson Jr. who was also serving time for murder. Gleason pled guilty. Both in court and in media interviews, Gleason vowed to continue killing if not given the death penalty. While awaiting sentencing at a highly secure prison for the state's most dangerous inmates, Gleason strangled 26-year-old Aaron Cooper through wire fencing that separated their individual cages in a recreation yard in 2010. Cooper was serving a 34 year sentence for Robbery. Gleason again pled guilty, waived appeals, and got his wish after choosing the electric chair over lethal injection.

Robert Charles Gleason Jr. 1321

I am all for injecting(no pun intended) some societal anger into the process, but, in the interest of being human, would settle for a large does of Versed and a ball peen hammer.

No TERROR in the quick and painless......prick should feel the same kind of true horror his victim felt....one minute thinking about the future, next minute being murdered....that debt can only be paid by recreating what he gave his victim.
We should farm it out to the Chinese.

They make everything anyway, let them do this too.

Ever see the terror in their eyes in online vids of Chinese being lead to execution?

Here... Here.....

Hats off the fine state of Wyoming.. Next, maybe Texas can knock the dust off 'Old Sparky'

-Geaux
==============

Wyoming Considers Firing Squad as Death-Row Backup
Problems With Supply of Injection Drugs Spur Lawmakers to Seek an Alternative
NA-CE418_WYODEA_11U_20150125183615.jpg
ENLARGE
By
DAN FROSCH
Updated Jan. 25, 2015 8:00 p.m. ET

Problems with the supply of lethal-injection drugs have spurred Wyoming lawmakers to consider a backup method of executing death-row inmates: the firing squad.

Wyoming Considers Firing Squad as Death-Row Backup - WSJ

Or maybe we can just get rid of Capital Punishment because it doesn't work.

But if you are going to go all out, fuck, let's bring back the Guilotine. It's quick, it's relatively painless and it satisfies the Bloodlust of people who live in JesusLand.

I always thought hanging was the best method to execute criminals. A firing squad has a certain sense of honor to it, and could extend said honor onto a criminal that does not deserve it.

I also like Chinese method, small calibre pistol bullet to the nape of the neck, bill next of kin for the bullet.

Your doubt doesn't matter. You don't have a credible opinion on the matter, as you have been exposed to make up things as you go along about the case.

This system did work, he appealed and got off. You provided an example of the appeals system working as it should to clear an innocent man. Thanks for a case in the column in favor of the position for those of us who are pro-capital punishment

No, the system working would have been him never being charged to start with. The system would not have him being railroaded onto Death Row the first time, and then having the county double down and trying to railroad him a second and third time because they just couldn't admit they made a mistake. Rolando Cruz is EXACTLY why we shouldn't have a death penalty.

Tell us again how there is a death penalty in California

That was in 2006. OJ was tried in 1995.

Also, I guess I missed the part on the link where it says Prosecution called for the death penalty in the OJ trial ans thus OJ "escaped it" with his "dream team" that he got with all his money. And also then you can explain the part where it shows no one in California has even been sentenced to death since 1982, 13 years before the oj simpson trial . But yea, all those innocent poor people getting an unjust murder conviction are getting fried, I guess they are missing from the list.

People are still getting the death penalty, and were still being executed, at the time OJ was tried. But OJ was rich. Which meant for him the DP was taken off the table from the very start. Same thing for the Menendez Brothers. We don't execute rich people because Rich people can fight back.

And if you can't execute rich people, you shouldn't execute poor people.
A system is going to always make false arrests, this is why there is a legal system with trial and appeals, to correct the matter. The matter was corrected here, and an innocent man went free. So the legal system worked as designed and afforded him justice in the end. Your demand that no one be arrested falsely is and absurd and impossible standard.

No one was getting sentenced to death at the time, and hadn't been for thirteen years before the OJ trial and Mendez brothers trial, but yea, I am sure all the murders committed in California between 1982 and 2006(when it was banned) were by rich men with high powered legal teams that "escaped" the death penalty. Not.

And this is all ignoring the fact that the morality of the death penalty isn't based on income. If there is an issue with subjective prosecution, which you haven't established exists inherently in your examples, than a rigid and absolute set of standard should be made so if the suspect meets the criteria, they will be charged.

Seems like DA offices had a criteria before it was banned, oh wow, what a surprise. I guess they don't kill people blindly. Oh well I guess the world doesn't fit your cartoonish liberal view. I'll see if I can find the exact criteria, but they talk about it in this article.

Emphatically dismissing the possibility of the death penalty is Ira Reiner, Mr. Garcetti's former boss and predecessor as District Attorney. "There's zero possibility they'll seek the death penalty," he said. "It doesn't meet the criteria. If this was an obscure case, they wouldn't spend two minutes on it before reaching a decision."

Mr. Reiner, who left office in 1993, was referring to 12 criteria that the Los Angeles County District Attorney's policy manual says must be considered in deciding whether to seek the death penalty in a case for which that is the maximum penalty set by state law. These factors involve the defendant's record, character and state of mind, and the circumstances of the crime. The criteria are set by lawyers in Mr. Garcetti's office and are similar to guidelines used by other California prosecutors. Early in the Process
Debating Death Penalty in Simpson Case - NYTimes.com

So your absurd idea, that there is no criteria, and that states with the death penalty sentence all these poor people to death for doing exactly the same crime with all the other factors equal as well as rich people who get off, has no basis in fact.

So he can murder another inmate or a guard? And please, listen to your dirtbag pals call Chris Kyle a "murderer" and tell me who they don't hate....I lived with being called a "baby killer" for years after Vietnam....gave more than one of them some new bridgework for it too.

Another internet tough guy.

Okay, let's try to get to your main argument. What's going to keep that guy on death row from killing another inmate or guard while he's awaiting execution during his 10 years of appeals? Frankly, the main reason why most of them don't kill guards is because they don't want to make their stay any worse on themselves. Then you have a state like Florida, where in 2014, 346 inmates died at the hands of guards.

Record 346 inmates die dozens of guards fired in Florida prisons

In fact, the Death Penalty does nothing to make guards safer.

Executions and Prison Safety Equal Justice USA

• I've been in this system for over 40 years. I’ve been held hostage and been through multiple prison riots. If someone told me that the death penalty would protect me as a corrections officer, I would be offended. Safety inside prisons depends on proper staffing, programming, and effective reintegration of inmates back into society. The death penalty does not safeguard anybody."1
    — Calvin Lightfoot, former corrections officer, warden, and Secretary of Public Safety and Correctional Services for the state of Maryland

A system is going to always make false arrests, this is why there is a legal system with trial and appeals, to correct the matter. The matter was corrected here, and an innocent man went free. So the legal system worked as designed and afforded him justice in the end. Your demand that no one be arrested falsely is and absurd and impossible standard.

No, my demand is you don't have a punishment that can't be undone if you can't tell me with absolute certainty that you will make no mistakes. In IL we released more people than we executed, because the system was so flawed, eventually a REPUBLICAN governor had to pull the plug on the whole rancid business and commute everyone's sentence to life without parole. Since then, a couple more of those former Death Row inmates have been exonerated.

No one was getting sentenced to death at the time, and hadn't been for thirteen years before the OJ trial and Mendez brothers trial, but yea, I am sure all the murders committed in California between 1982 and 2006(when it was banned) were by rich men with high powered legal teams that "escaped" the death penalty. Not.

Guy, here's a database of Death Row inmates in California. There are currenlty 680 of them.

Some convicted before OJ. Some after OJ. None of them were rich.

Database California s death row inmates

No, my demand is you don't have a punishment that can't be undone if you can't tell me with absolute certainty that you will make no mistakes. In IL we released more people than we executed, because the system was so flawed, eventually a REPUBLICAN governor had to pull the plug on the whole rancid business and commute everyone's sentence to life without parole. Since then, a couple more of those former Death Row inmates have been exonerated.

Guy, here's a database of Death Row inmates in California. There are currenlty 680 of them.

Some convicted before OJ. Some after OJ. None of them were rich.

Database California s death row inmates
You can never have absolute certainty in anything. The idea that guilty men must go free to spare one innocent is a utopian and impractical idea.one of many hair brained liberal concepts. And a process already exists where the death sentence can be undone. That is called appeals. And the process worked for Cruz.

One you don't know all of those death row inmate incomes, so that is another one of your obvious lies. Two, they apparently fit the criteria for their DA and Oj didn't as the LA DA said. What you would have to do is find high income individual charged with the same offense by the same DA and meeting all the same circumstances getting life without parole or whatever vs a poor person who got a death sentence. You have yet to do such. You have yet to provide any proof, all other things equal on the list of criteria, rich men, whatever you define that and, because you haven't yet, aren't given the death penalty while the poor are. And even if that is the case, which you haven't shown, all that is us an an argument for more rigid criteria with less room for interpretation. But the fact is, you would be against those tighter standards because you don't believe in the death penalty. So you are really making a fallacious argument.

I have a solution for a method of execution that liberals praise as one of their sacraments. Put the condemned in something that resembles a womb, then "abort" the criminal. But it's good enough for fetuses, right liberal morons? B ut not for condemned murderers?

You can never have absolute certainty in anything. The idea that guilty men must go free to spare one innocent is a utopian and impractical idea.one of many hair brained liberal concepts. And a process already exists where the death sentence can be undone. That is called appeals. And the process worked for Cruz.

I agree, we can't. therefore, we should not have a penalty that cannot be undone.

I agree, we can't. therefore, we should not have a penalty that cannot be undone.
Once liberals get the death penalty abolished saying that "life in prison is enough" then they start attacking saying that life in prison violates human rights.

The penalty was undone with Cruz, your example speaks to the opposite of your claim. And don't talk in terms of we. Me and you will never be of the same anything. We arent part of the same country and I am rather happy about that. Even left wingers I'm my country aren't as dumb and autistic as you. You are a special american brand of stupid.

The penalty was undone with Cruz, your example speaks to the opposite of your claim. And don't talk in terms of we. Me and you will never be of the same anything. We arent part of the same country and I am rather happy about that. Even left wingers I'm my country aren't as dumb and autistic as you. You are a special american brand of stupid.

I'm from America, you're from JesusLand.

BUt, no, when an innocent man is sent to death row, TWICE for a crime he didnt' commit and someone else confessed to, that's a system that is beyond broken.

OH THE HORROR! the asshole twitches and has trouble breathing on the "goodbye gurney" (cap tip to my bro Roadrunner) and that's considered cruel or unusual? Hey, you want capital punishment to be a deterrent? How about murdering the son of a bitch in his cell, in the middle of the night....take him out the same way he took out his victim.....stabbed, beaten to death, shot, strangled....whatever.....quietly open his cell door, sneak in, hold him down, and end his time here on the planet, same way he killed....word gets around quick on perfect vengeance.

the problem is, the Death Penalty is never a deterrent.

Most murders are either acts of insanity (which can't be deterred) acts of passion (which can't be deterred) or acts of premeditation (where the person thinks he's really clever and won't get caught.)

Therefore, the DP has NO deterrent value.

Making it meaner or stupider, which seems to be the Right Wing fetish here, won't change that.

The death penalty isn't about being a deterrent, it is about protecting society from a murderer, and serving justice on behalf of the victim.

Our justice system needs a total overhaul, all these automatic appeals for death penalty, the decades of waiting, the expensive procedures to do the execution need to go. A bullet doesn't cost anything, and a timely execution will save the tax payers money. More money that could be used for education, and welfare and all that good jazz, so you progs should support it. But, we all know why you progs have to oppose common sense stuff like executing murderers- the Agenda must be served.

The death penalty isn't about being a deterrent, it is about protecting society from a murderer, and serving justice on behalf of the victim.

Locking them up for life serves just as well, and revenge isn't justice.

Our justice system needs a total overhaul, all these automatic appeals for death penalty, the decades of waiting, the expensive procedures to do the execution need to go. A bullet doesn't cost anything, and a timely execution will save the tax payers money. More money that could be used for education, and welfare and all that good jazz, so you progs should support it. But, we all know why you progs have to oppose common sense stuff like executing murderers- the Agenda must be served.

Guy, we lock up more people than any other country on the planet. The Prison-Industrial Complex is very expensive, but you cons support it because you get off on locking up brown people.

The reason why it's so expensive to appeal is because the system is so flawed we've convicted 153 people of death penalty crimes who didn't do what they were accused of.

I'm from America, you're from JesusLand.

BUt, no, when an innocent man is sent to death row, TWICE for a crime he didnt' commit and someone else confessed to, that's a system that is beyond broken.
Lol. Austria is jesusland? It figures you are an internet atheist faggot as well. It fits your shitlib sperg persona. But yea keep repeating the same thing no about the system not working and a death sentence not being able to leave be reversed when it was. Maybe if you say it for a seventh time it will become true.

Forum List

Back