Now we just need to wait for spring for new jobs.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
White House economists see jobs growth by spring - Yahoo! News

This story is so full of shit as to stink beyond belief. Obama is going to threaten Bankers to make unsound loans for business in the hope of creating jobs that he claimed would be made in the last year already.

He and others are encouraged by less jobs losses then in the past when in fact the job losses have INCREASED since that last rosy picture of , not job growth, but less jobs lost ( due to Christmas seasonal hiring more then likely).

Now wait a second....the Obama Stimulus was supposed to create jobs back in June!!! You mean he had ANOTHER failure???!!! Or is job growth just "the last thing to recover" like we are being spoon fed by the MSM...:rofl:

"I believe that, as do most professional forecasters, that by spring, employment growth will start to be turning positive," Lawrence Summers, director of the White House National Economic Council, said on ABC's

says this fucking con man who allowed the derivatives market destroy America......

Now wait a second....the Obama Stimulus was supposed to create jobs back in June!!! You mean he had ANOTHER failure???!!! Or is job growth just "the last thing to recover" like we are being spoon fed by the MSM...:rofl:

Jobs only became the "last thing to recover...", once Obama's lickspittles in the MSM realized his lofty promises about a million billion new jobs by summer was going to fall just shy of reality.

hmm I thought Obama Mama was starting to sound a bit tough on fincial regulations and reform. Something which the finiancial sector has spent 300 million lobbying against.

300 million spend in a manner unproductive to the united states. How many jobs did that money create? How much of the lobbying expenses were tax deductable?

hmm I thought Obama Mama was starting to sound a bit tough on fincial regulations and reform. Something which the finiancial sector has spent 300 million lobbying against.

300 million spend in a manner unproductive to the united states. How many jobs did that money create? How much of the lobbying expenses were tax deductable?

Ya business should just take it up the ass and do nothing to fight onerous regulations and a Boy King that thinks he has the right to tell business and banks what to do.

"I believe that, as do most professional forecasters, that by spring, employment growth will start to be turning positive," Lawrence Summers, director of the White House National Economic Council, said on ABC's

says this fucking con man who allowed the derivatives market destroy America......

And I can't really disagree with that. However he did not act alone. It was pretty much an industry wide problem. Indicating that regulations need to be put in place to prevent this in the future.

White House economists see jobs growth by spring - Yahoo! News

This story is so full of shit as to stink beyond belief. Obama is going to threaten Bankers to make unsound loans for business in the hope of creating jobs that he claimed would be made in the last year already.

He and others are encouraged by less jobs losses then in the past when in fact the job losses have INCREASED since that last rosy picture of , not job growth, but less jobs lost ( due to Christmas seasonal hiring more then likely).

:lol::lol: Isn't lending money to poor credit risks what got us into this mess in the first place?---:lol::lol:

I own my own business & have for the last 30+ years. I am not going to borrow money unless I see a DEMAND for our service. Right now DEMAND is the problem--there is no DEMAND--so there is no need to borrow money for expansion or new employees.

Talk about a bunch of economic illiterate dumb asses---:lol::lol:

Ya business should just take it up the ass and do nothing to fight onerous regulations and a Boy King that thinks he has the right to tell business and banks what to do.

Well he doesn't. congress does.
I would just as soon not have seen the beginning of the downward slide of America triggerd by greed and such over a 30 yr + period.

Had proper regulations been in place regulating the derivitives and other aspects we would not be in this situation right now. We might not be in wonderful shape but we would be much better of if the markets had been better regulated.

You forgot to add a few more names to your list. Clinton's treasury secretary Robert Rubin, Allan Greenspan--& who was in the background when all of this was going on? None other than our current treasury secretary Timmy Geithner.

If you're interested you can watch all about this--great program called American Experience--that is typically broadcast on PBS. It covers everthing that happened that government did that brought this economy to it's knees--including the warnings that these people got & completely ignored.

I would just as soon not have seen the beginning of the downward slide of America triggerd by greed and such over a 30 yr + period.

Had proper regulations been in place regulating the derivitives and other aspects we would not be in this situation right now. We might not be in wonderful shape but we would be much better of if the markets had been better regulated.

Let's not forget who deregulated markets & banking. It all happened in the 1990's during the Clinton administration. Government banking boards thought it would be a great idea to co-sign our names to 50% of the mortgages in this country--while offering sub-prime mortgages to risky borrowers--in their "everyone deserves homeownership policy." Banks sold these risky mortgages to Wall Street--& then they started trading them in the black hole called deriviatives aka (hedge funds.)

It was a 3-ring circus of events that originated with our incompetent Federal Government.

You forgot to add a few more names to your list. Clinton's treasury secretary Robert Rubin, Allan Greenspan--& who was in the background when all of this was going on? None other than our current treasury secretary Timmy Geithner.

If you're interested you can watch all about this--great program called American Experience--that is typically broadcast on PBS. It covers everthing that happened that government did that brought this economy to it's knees--including the warnings that these people got & completely ignored.

Absolutely correct!! I didn't mention the other a-holes because they weren't mentioned in the article.

Absolutely correct!! I didn't mention the other a-holes because they weren't mentioned in the article.

Well--if it's any consulation to the millions of unemployed in this country & to those that are currently homeless--Allan Greenspan & Robert Rubin did apologize--I haven't heard anything much from the rest of them--some of them are currently working for Obama.

Talk to the Democrats, they opposed new regulations under Bush every time they were brought up. Lead by Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. 3 TIMES it was tried all 3 times it was defeated. Barney Frank was singing the praises of the Housing loan industry just weeks before it collapsed, claiming more regulations would destroy the market.

Talk to the Democrats, they opposed new regulations under Bush every time they were brought up. Lead by Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. 3 TIMES it was tried all 3 times it was defeated. Barney Frank was singing the praises of the Housing loan industry just weeks before it collapsed, claiming more regulations would destroy the market.

Yep Barney seems to have been rented by the finiancial sector along with many others on both sides.

To place all the blame on either side is just partisan parrotry to me.

Last edited:

Yep Barney seems to have been rented by the finiancial sector along with many others on both sides.

To place all the blame on either side is just partisan parrotry to me.

According to the Liberals on this board Bush is to blame, even though he tried twice and McCain tried once to put more regulations in place. They completely ignore Frank and Dodd and their successful efforts to prevent any new regulations.

Forum List

Back