Now we just need to wait for spring for new jobs.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by RetiredGySgt, Dec 13, 2009.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    White House economists see jobs growth by spring - Yahoo! News

This story is so full of shit as to stink beyond belief. Obama is going to threaten Bankers to make unsound loans for business in the hope of creating jobs that he claimed would be made in the last year already.

He and others are encouraged by less jobs losses then in the past when in fact the job losses have INCREASED since that last rosy picture of , not job growth, but less jobs lost ( due to Christmas seasonal hiring more then likely).

2. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Now wait a second....the Obama Stimulus was supposed to create jobs back in June!!! You mean he had ANOTHER failure???!!! Or is job growth just "the last thing to recover" like we are being spoon fed by the MSM...:rofl:

3. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200

says this fucking con man who allowed the derivatives market destroy America......

4. DngrMse

DngrMse Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Jobs only became the "last thing to recover...", once Obama's lickspittles in the MSM realized his lofty promises about a million billion new jobs by summer was going to fall just shy of reality.

5. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    hmm I thought Obama Mama was starting to sound a bit tough on fincial regulations and reform. Something which the finiancial sector has spent 300 million lobbying against.

300 million spend in a manner unproductive to the united states. How many jobs did that money create? How much of the lobbying expenses were tax deductable?

6. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    Ya business should just take it up the ass and do nothing to fight onerous regulations and a Boy King that thinks he has the right to tell business and banks what to do.

7. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    And I can't really disagree with that. However he did not act alone. It was pretty much an industry wide problem. Indicating that regulations need to be put in place to prevent this in the future.

8. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,151

:lol::lol: Isn't lending money to poor credit risks what got us into this mess in the first place?---:lol::lol:

I own my own business & have for the last 30+ years. I am not going to borrow money unless I see a DEMAND for our service. Right now DEMAND is the problem--there is no DEMAND--so there is no need to borrow money for expansion or new employees.

Talk about a bunch of economic illiterate dumb asses---:lol::lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Well he doesn't. congress does.
    I would just as soon not have seen the beginning of the downward slide of America triggerd by greed and such over a 30 yr + period.

Had proper regulations been in place regulating the derivitives and other aspects we would not be in this situation right now. We might not be in wonderful shape but we would be much better of if the markets had been better regulated.

10. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,151

You forgot to add a few more names to your list. Clinton's treasury secretary Robert Rubin, Allan Greenspan--& who was in the background when all of this was going on? None other than our current treasury secretary Timmy Geithner.

If you're interested you can watch all about this--great program called American Experience--that is typically broadcast on PBS. It covers everthing that happened that government did that brought this economy to it's knees--including the warnings that these people got & completely ignored.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1