Now that John Boehner is Speaker.....Is he going to fly Coach?

Three year old article?

Here is one a bit more current which speaks about her flying her family all the time and her demands to move the pick up to a different airport.

Pelosi's Speaker Shuttle: The Inside Story

No, Nancy Pelosi doesn't routinely fly around in an Air Force One-sized jet.

Yes, she extends the Speaker Shuttle perk to her family and colleagues.

The next speaker will control the House of Representatives, and with it one of the biggest perks in politics: free flights on luxury jets that are the military versions of a Gulfstream V. Well, they're free to the speaker, but paid for by your tax dollars.

How much? House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office says it doesn't receive "comprehensive cost estimates." Military documents indicate a one-way flight for the current speaker (between Washington D.C. and California) costs, on average, $28,210.

Pelosi's Speaker Shuttle: The Inside Story - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

He'll use the Military like Pelosi did. You got a problem with that? You sure didn't before. Hmm?

I would be willing to bet that he downsizes to a reasonable plane, whereas the old bitch demanded the biggest plane possible.

CaféAuLait;2932978 said:
Three year old article?

Here is one a bit more current which speaks about her flying her family all the time and her demands to move the pick up to a different airport.

Pelosi's Speaker Shuttle: The Inside Story

No, Nancy Pelosi doesn't routinely fly around in an Air Force One-sized jet.

Yes, she extends the Speaker Shuttle perk to her family and colleagues.

The next speaker will control the House of Representatives, and with it one of the biggest perks in politics: free flights on luxury jets that are the military versions of a Gulfstream V. Well, they're free to the speaker, but paid for by your tax dollars.

How much? House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office says it doesn't receive "comprehensive cost estimates." Military documents indicate a one-way flight for the current speaker (between Washington D.C. and California) costs, on average, $28,210.

Pelosi's Speaker Shuttle: The Inside Story - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

$28,000?

Are you crazy? Boehner can get a Government fare on a commercial flight anywhere in the US for $288

I know that with the Republicans coming in on balancing the budget and eliminating wasteful spending that Boehner will set an example and refuse all the perks of Speaker of the House

If not, he will be no better than Pelosi

Last edited:
It's a pretty safe bet that Boehner won't spend $18K per month on a fancy office in his home town.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has more than quadrupled the rent on her San Francisco district office, making the $18,736-a-month cost of her new South of Market space the highest in the House, according to a new report.

The rent - part of Pelosi's budget, which is funded by taxpayers - is nearly double the next-highest rent in the House: Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., pays $10,600 a month for his Manhattan office, while representatives from Sacramento, Boston and Los Angeles pay nearly that much, the report said.

Pelosi's new office is House's costliest by far - SFGate

Why would a Pelosi Boot-Licker have a problem with the new House Speaker using Military Planes? Seems incredibly dishonest & hypocritical to me. These people didn't have a problem when Pelosi was abusing it and throwing her lavish parties. Never heard one Pelosi Boot-Licker criticize her. In fact they only lined up to defend her. So these are the last people who should be bitchin about this one. What a joke.

It's a pretty safe bet that Boehner won't spend $18K per month on a fancy office in his home town.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has more than quadrupled the rent on her San Francisco district office, making the $18,736-a-month cost of her new South of Market space the highest in the House, according to a new report.

The rent - part of Pelosi's budget, which is funded by taxpayers - is nearly double the next-highest rent in the House: Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., pays $10,600 a month for his Manhattan office, while representatives from Sacramento, Boston and Los Angeles pay nearly that much, the report said.

And if he does I'm sure it will be defended just as this expenditure and the plane flights for family members were on Pelosi’s' part, right?

Personally, I hope Boehner conducts himself in a financially modest and responsible way. Pelosi is not a model to emulate.

CaféAuLait;2933027 said:

And if he does I'm sure it will be defended just as this expenditure and the plane flights for family members were on Pelosi’s' part, right?

Not by me.

I'd be satisfied if he used government transportation for only official government business. And not to shuttle family members around.

I'd be even happier if he flew commercial as often as possible. Coach or 1st class doesn't matter to me.

Office?????

Why the hell should the American taxpayer pay for an office for Boehner? Don't you know 11 million Americans are out of a job and you want us to buy an office for Boehner???

CaféAuLait;2933027 said:

Not by me.

Oh I agree, I was shocked to say the least at how many defended the cost of her rent and her plane flights..

Forum List

Back