The budget

Iowa10000

Rookie
Nov 1, 2010
When everyone sees that the only way to have a balance budget is either to go back to the old tax structure for the very rich or eliminate programs that were put into place to help the average person lead a life where they don't end up in soup lines or living in the garges of their childern or in some back ally like a bumb things will start to make sense.
Are we in this as a country or are we in this so a few can flourish and the rest can either survive or be worse off.
I think we got the answer with the Tea Party, it's all about ME, the hell with you.

We had the largest Tax give away in history in 2000 under Bush, and where has it led us?
The real problem is greed entered into our society about the same time as bush and no one was interested in saving jobs for americans, just a bigger profit for those who have.

Granny says, "Dat's right - the next political slogan gonna be, 'It's the budget, stupid...
icon_grandma.gif

Forget Trump’s speech. Look at his budget.
March 2, 2017 - It was a kinder, gentler, somewhat maudlin version of his campaign speech that President Trump delivered to Congress Tuesday. In case you missed it, here’s the 20-second version, which I present as my service to you:
America is reeling and its streets are afire because of foreign countries that take advantage of us and foreigners who sneak into the land, so what we need to do is to slam the doors and close the shutters and worry about doing a bunch of stuff for our own people, just as soon as we figure out what that stuff is. Also, our children will grow up in a nation of miracles, if only we find the courage to share the dreams that fill our hearts. These are actual quotes. I was not watching “Moana.”

ec861a80497122fbec695549598ecef2

President Trump on Tuesday after his first address to a joint session of Congress.​

Speechifying aside, though, we did learn something significant this week about the president’s governing vision, because he also previewed the budget he will send to Congress. And what’s interesting here is that as much as he talks about breaking with the past and the failure of our political duopoly, Trump seems poised to continue charging down a path that a reckless generation of politicians has already trampled. A president’s budget, as you may know, is really more like a statement of priorities and general direction, which Congress rarely enacts these days in any event. It’s a glimpse into the choices a president intends to make — or avoid.

And there are choices to be made. Something like 60 percent of federal spending goes to entitlement programs — Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid. Almost another quarter goes out the door for military spending and to pay down the interest on the federal debt. That means that the remaining chunk of the budget — roughly a fifth — has to fund all the other programs the federal government administers, from veterans’ affairs to safeguarding the nuclear stockpile to maintaining and staffing embassies around the world. This is what they’re talking about when they use the term “discretionary spending.”

MORE

When everyone sees that the only way to have a balance budget is either to go back to the old tax structure for the very rich or eliminate programs that were put into place to help the average person lead a life where they don't end up in soup lines or living in the garges of their childern or in some back ally like a bumb things will start to make sense.
Are we in this as a country or are we in this so a few can flourish and the rest can either survive or be worse off.
I think we got the answer with the Tea Party, it's all about ME, the hell with you.

We had the largest Tax give away in history in 2000 under Bush, and where has it led us?
The real problem is greed entered into our society about the same time as bush and no one was interested in saving jobs for americans, just a bigger profit for those who have.
Oh that nasty three letter word Biden and democrats despise....

J-O-B-S

An Op about What? A budget!!!?, dims don't even write one when they are in charge, they just spend, they don't budget. So how would any dimshit know what the word budget means?

There will never be a balanced budget. Ever.

Get used to it.

Forum List

Back