Now that John Boehner is Speaker.....Is he going to fly Coach?

I'd be satisfied if he used government transportation for only official government business. And not to shuttle family members around.

I'd be even happier if he flew commercial as often as possible. Coach or 1st class doesn't matter to me.

I would agree to Boehner flying first class only if he gets a frequent flyer upgrade

Personally, I hope Boehner conducts himself in a financially modest and responsible way. Pelosi is not a model to emulate.

:clap2:

We the People will be watching....we don't want another Pelosi do we?

Even though the Pelosi Boot-Lickers are being ridiculously hypocritical on this,i wouldn't mind seeing Boehner cut back on the use of Military Planes. If security can be worked out,it would be nice to see him use another source for travel. I guess we'll see though. He hasn't even been sworn in yet for God's sake though. These Pelosi Boot-Lickers are very disingenuous people.

Personally, I hope Boehner conducts himself in a financially modest and responsible way. Pelosi is not a model to emulate.

Pelosi is/was a rich bitch. Boehner is one of twelve kids who had nothing handed to him.

If you know anyone from a large family, you get it.

The Kennedys?

Is Boehner going to fly his siblings around?

The minority of us, the losing side in 2006 and 2008, did not, you are right, Boedicca.

Richard Nixon, in the Checkers Speech, reminded the listeners in 1952 that members of Congress got one (1) expense-paid trip home each year.

I don't think Boehner will party it up like Pelosi and her family did. Just my opinion anyway. Besides,Pelosi is a Billionaire for God's sake. Why did she have to use Military Planes so much? The Pelosis are some of the wealthiest people in America. She did abuse our Military. It was sad.

Pelosi is/was a rich bitch. Boehner is one of twelve kids who had nothing handed to him.

The Kennedys?

Boehner's family situation is not remotely similar to the Kennedy's. If you actually knew anything about him, you wouldn't make such a silly comparison.

We really do need to calm down about this whole travel and expenses shit.

I have no objection to necessary travel being paid for by taxpayers. I have issues when it is abused. Politicians whose homes and family are outside of DC should legitimately claim the cost of traveling between the two. They are also required to travel to represent the United States around the world. That is legitimate. What is not legitimate is to take liberties with those benefits to the detriment of the US taxpayer.

Perhaps we could criticize when there is reason to criticize and stop whining before anything untoward has taken place.

So libs have different standards for Republican speakers?

I am of the similarly expressed comments - if he flew for gubmint business and not his family, 1st class or coach, I'd be fine...

If it gets to be levels of Pelousy spending, then you got a beef.... Until then, it's just calls for the whaaambulance...

The Kennedys?

Boehner's family situation is not remotely similar to the Kennedy's. If you actually knew anything about him, you wouldn't make such a silly comparison.

I am being silly, boey, because lib is running flapping his hands like Edith bringing a beer to Archie.

I am of the similarly expressed comments - if he flew for gubmint business and not his family, 1st class or coach, I'd be fine...

If it gets to be levels of Pelousy spending, then you got a beef.... Until then, it's just calls for the whaaambulance...

There are legitimate security issues that make the use of a private jet somewhat legitimate. Personally, I withhold any major meltdown until there is something to meltdown over.

I fail to see why an individual's personal wealth is part of the equation at all. Why should a politician who happens to be wealthy be expected to pay for their own legitimate travel? They should not. What is acceptable is acceptable - personal circumstances have nothing to do with it.

There are legitimate security issues that make the use of a private jet somewhat legitimate. Personally, I withhold any major meltdown until there is something to meltdown over.

I fail to see why an individual's personal wealth is part of the equation at all. Why should a politician who happens to be wealthy be expected to pay for their own legitimate travel? They should not. What is acceptable is acceptable - personal circumstances have nothing to do with it.

Yes, it's always good when a limousine liberal lives it up at the taxpayers expense. Yes it is.

Speaker Pelosi’s Family and Friends Program - By Kathryn Jean Lopez - The Corner - National Review Online

So does Toby McGuire and so what? All of our political officials should pay their own costs for private business, and not mix the two.

Last edited:
Latest figures just reported

John Boehner asking for $200 million a day for his private aircraft!

This is outrageous!

Doesn't he care anything about our budget????

Inside of John Boehners $200million a day luxury jet

b-747-8-vip-interior.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back