now that i am 46

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
two children 3 and 7....a wife of 10 years...i have come to realize that i know infinitly less then i did a year ago and that those younger than i claim to know infinitely more.....

arch...ya olde fart....why is that?

manu1959 said:
two children 3 and 7....a wife of 10 years...i have come to realize that i know infinitly less then i did a year ago and that those younger than i claim to know infinitely more.....

Reminds me of an old plaque my Swedish grandma had.

We get smart too late and old too fast. Only what's done for God will last.

manu1959 said:

It's because, as I have found even in my short 23 years, the more you know, the more you realize you don't know.

manu1959 said:

We're just trying to be friendly, ome watch us sing and play. We're the young generation, and we got something to say. :dance:

manu1959 said:

except when ya get older ya draw on experience good or bad...when ya are young ya will push old farts out in the work force by accepting lower wages...
and the younger draw from peer pressure.......... ;)

The ClayTaurus said:
Excuse my generation for wanting to eat!

but you forget old farts were young once and did the same thing........ :cof:

manu1959 said:

As long as you take time to enjoy them, the phases of life are great aren’t they. ;)

archangel said:
but you forget old farts were young once and did the same thing........ :cof:
If the only reason you lost your job was because someone younger was willing to accept lower pay, you could remedy that by accepting lower pay yourself. Your beef is misplaced, kind of like a steak in front of a vegan.

The ClayTaurus said:
If the only reason you lost your job was because someone younger was willing to accept lower pay, you could remedy that by accepting lower pay yourself. Your beef is misplaced, kind of like a steak in front of a vegan.

sorry...did not lose my job...I retired...something to think about eh!This is a lite thread...why so serious all of a sudden? And I did accept lower pay...it's called a retirement pension...lol

archangel said:
sorry...did not lose my job...I retired...something to think about eh!This is a lite thread...why so serious all of a sudden? And I did accept lower pay...it's called a retirement pension...lol

Uh? Clay was giving a hypothetical. His use of 'you' should have been read as 'If ONE loses their job...'

(shrug).

www.hop.com :D

There's a motto that one of those self help siminars uses, goes like this

"It's what you don't know that you don't know- that is the problem"

“I believe what really happens in history is this: the old man is
always wrong; and the young people are always wrong about what is
wrong with him. The practical form it takes is this: that, while the
old man may stand by some stupid custom, the young man always attacks
it with some theory that turns out to be equally stupid.”

Attributed to G.K. Chesterton

"Youth is wasted on the young"

Abbey Normal said:
...while the old man may stand by some stupid custom, the young man always attacks it with some theory that turns out to be equally stupid.”
Great quote.

Forum List

Back