Note to Obama: Brinksmanship takes two

Nope - if someone puts a gun to your head and demands that you do something - that doesn't take two and it's not "brinksmanship." It extortion.

GOP cooked up this power play.
They changed the House rules to prevent a last-minute reprieve

They own it - 100%.

One of the very few problems I can say that about - but THIS time the shoe fits.

No one was holding any gun. More Obama/Reid-style dishonesty.

Republicans were keeping their promises to the people who elected them.

Democrats were insisting on holding an arbitrary, defenseless segment of the population to the ACA in spite of the fact that they knew the ACA was not ready for prime time. Well, they knew or they should have known. If they did not know they give more evidence for how inappropriate it was for them to claim authority over that part of our lives.

That gives me one more thing to thank them for. Keep lying, Mr. Obama, and to all of you Democrats, keep showing us how wrong we would be to trust the kind of government you claim is good for us.

And carping over that rules change is more dishonesty. Some Democrats voted for it. Some Republicans against. And it apparently wasn't worth complaining about for two weeks. Then all of a sudden it's a viral sensation because it gives Dems one more thing to lay on Republicans while Dems try to undermine Republicans for standing up for their constituents.

Do you every get dizzy when you spin that hard?

The fact that you HAVE to spin that hard tells it all.

The Tea Party cooked up this little scheme because they don't think the mainstream GOP has done enough to curb spending and shrink government. (they are right). They just don't care who they burn in the process - even themselves.

Republicans went along because they were afraid of getting primaried.

Slash and burn lunatics meet the spineless.

Both deserve the hit they are taking - they own it 100%.

My spin is in response to Obama's spin. Do you even notice when he does it?

My spin is rooted in the truth. My representatives did what they were elected to do. It takes a lot to stand up for your constituents in the face of Obama's outrageous insults and his lapdog media shilling for him instead of reporting on the news which would show why the Republicans were correct to take the stand they did. I'm so invigorated by what Ted Cruz and the House Republicans tried to accomplish. I just hope they'll see beyond the horse race reporting of the media and see how well they've managed to hold the line against the kind of government Dems want to inflict upon us "for our own good".

No one was holding any gun. More Obama/Reid-style dishonesty.

Republicans were keeping their promises to the people who elected them.

Democrats were insisting on holding an arbitrary, defenseless segment of the population to the ACA in spite of the fact that they knew the ACA was not ready for prime time. Well, they knew or they should have known. If they did not know they give more evidence for how inappropriate it was for them to claim authority over that part of our lives.

That gives me one more thing to thank them for. Keep lying, Mr. Obama, and to all of you Democrats, keep showing us how wrong we would be to trust the kind of government you claim is good for us.

And carping over that rules change is more dishonesty. Some Democrats voted for it. Some Republicans against. And it apparently wasn't worth complaining about for two weeks. Then all of a sudden it's a viral sensation because it gives Dems one more thing to lay on Republicans while Dems try to undermine Republicans for standing up for their constituents.

Do you every get dizzy when you spin that hard?

The fact that you HAVE to spin that hard tells it all.

The Tea Party cooked up this little scheme because they don't think the mainstream GOP has done enough to curb spending and shrink government. (they are right). They just don't care who they burn in the process - even themselves.

Republicans went along because they were afraid of getting primaried.

Slash and burn lunatics meet the spineless.

Both deserve the hit they are taking - they own it 100%.

My spin is in response to Obama's spin. Do you even notice when he does it?

My spin is rooted in the truth. My representatives did what they were elected to do. It takes a lot to stand up for your constituents in the face of Obama's outrageous insults and his lapdog media shilling for him instead of reporting on the news which would show why the Republicans were correct to take the stand they did. I'm so invigorated by what Ted Cruz and the House Republicans tried to accomplish. I just hope they'll see beyond the horse race reporting of the media and see how well they've managed to hold the line against the kind of government Dems want to inflict upon us "for our own good".

Sure your spin is rooted in truth.

Except for all the evidence that contradicts it.

Obama's outrageous insults? He called them Kenyans? Muslims?

Let me know when your projections get around to "Gravity" I'll watch then.

Brinksmanship takes two, at least. Mr. President, YOU were the one who refused to compromise. Stop lying. I for one will not forget who put his ego over the good of the country and refused to even consider delaying the burden you have put on us with the ACA.

The whole plan to shut down the government was concocted by the republican teabaggers. You can probably find the letter they circulated months before the government shutdown announcing their strategy to shut down the government. Just do a google search.

That is fact, not opinion.

They were making a ridiculous demand. Democrats didn't budge. And Republicans were forced to cave because when push comes to shove, they know (or most of them know) a debt default would cause a decade long depression.

Last edited:
I wonder.....does this nutter think Obama is doing what he was elected to do? Reid? Pelosi?

But that's clearly different.

Why? Because God is on her side, while Satan backs the Democrats. Therefore, anything her side does is justified. When the creator of the universe backs your politics, the ends always justify the means.

I wonder.....does this nutter think Obama is doing what he was elected to do? Reid? Pelosi?

Obama was elected to lower health care premiums and reduce the division in Washington.

How's that going?

Oh wait ... does "division in Washington" count as "Brinksmanship" I thought you said that takes two ?????????

Ooops - spun yourself a whole 180 degrees that time.

Brinksmanship takes two, at least. Mr. President, YOU were the one who refused to compromise. Stop lying. I for one will not forget who put his ego over the good of the country and refused to even consider delaying the burden you have put on us with the ACA.

The whole plan to shut down the government was concocted by the republican teabaggers. You can probably find the letter they circulated months before the government shutdown announcing their strategy to shut down the government. Just do a google search.

They were making a ridiculous demand. Democrats didn't budge. And Republicans were forced to cave because when push comes to shove, they know (or most of them know) a debt default would cause a decade long depression.

Of course they know it.

But this is the "damage control" phase. They are hoping to spread as much of the blame to the Democrats as they can. It only works among the truly indoctrinated and those who haven't been paying attention ... but that's their base anyway so they happily take up the spin effort.

I have a nutter customer who told me yesterday that he blames " everyone in DC " for the shutdown that has cost him some business. The President, he said, is like the head coach of a football team when the offensive players don't get along with the defensive players. He gets blamed. The President he said...has been unable to bring the two sides together. It is mostly his fault.

Interesting. NOT!

The President, unlike the head coach of a football team, cannot tell the asshole center ( Cruz ) to shape up or get lost. He cannot bench the QB ( Boehner ) if he doesn't do his job.

I said....if the offense intentionally fumbled the ball every time they got it.....would the head coach have to keep playing the fuckers? Would he have to beg them to not fumble?

Burst the bubble.

Last edited:

Of course they know it.

But this is the "damage control" phase. They are hoping to spread as much of the blame to the Democrats as they can. It only works among the truly indoctrinated and those who haven't been paying attention ... but that's their base anyway so they happily take up the spin effort.

:lol:

That was what Obama was doing in his revisionist speech. You're calling yourself truly indoctrinated and don't even seem to know it.

Obama was elected to lower health care premiums and reduce the division in Washington.

How's that going?

He was? Not by me. Who are you talking to?

Pardon me. I was just going on his promises. So you were smart enough not to vote on him based on what he promised. Good for you. :thup:

Idiot. He was elected to end wars, bring health care to more people and fix the fuck ups of his predecessor. You are in the bubble.

Beautiful, beautiful red. In spite of the media shilling for him, trashing principled Republicans and sweeping the truth about the Obama administration under the rug whenever they think they can get away with it, the truth is finding a way.

Obama_2013_10_17.jpg

Beautiful, beautiful red. In spite of the media shilling for him, trashing principled Republicans and sweeping the truth about the Obama administration under the rug whenever they think they can get away with it, the truth is finding a way.

Obama_2013_10_17.jpg

You listened to the fat druggie today too, huh! Don't deny it.

You are in his fart bubble. Burst it! Breathe in some fresh air.

Change the channel. Listen to some classic rock for a few weeks. Cleanse.

The more he scores without budging or bending an inch, the more he will continue to do it and the more the country loses, in the short and long haul, and when the Unaffordable Health Act goes belly up, maybe some of his base will realize how they have been played. I think by`14 the writing will be on the wall and the conservatives will pick up the seats they need to stop the train wreck, with a big O as the headlight.

Endgame

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CrNlilZho]EndGame HQ full length version - YouTube[/ame]

Closer and closer we get !!!!!!!!!!!!

Teabaggers' fault.

Majority says so.

Tough titty, kitty.

Forum List

Back