Not Terrorist! Says Feds Less Than An Hour After Plane Crash

what's odd is that they can say someone flying an airplane into a building because he's ticked off at the government isn't terrorism.

Maybe they didn't know. or maybe they were pressuming that terrorism = Islamic Terrorism and were using the terms interchagibly.

if that's the case, they need to define their terms properly. no, it isn't islamic terrorism. yes, it appears to be a terrorist act by a timothy mcveigh type acting alone.

Looks like a terrorist....sounds like a terrorist....acts like a terrorist

Maybe they didn't know. or maybe they were pressuming that terrorism = Islamic Terrorism and were using the terms interchagibly.

if that's the case, they need to define their terms properly. no, it isn't islamic terrorism. yes, it appears to be a terrorist act by a timothy mcveigh type acting alone.

Looks like a terrorist....sounds like a terrorist....acts like a terrorist

Then it looks like everyone but these government officials agree.

Less than an hour ago a plane was flown into the FBI/IRS office in Austin. Witnesses say pilot deliberately flew into building. This was apparantly after he burned down his own house. Definitely not terrorism!

Your thoughts?

If it's not being called a "terrorist act", we can safely assume that the perpetrator isn't a Muslim.

Wow.. it seems the board is agreement that the Obama administration doesn't recognize terrorism when they see it. Progress.. Who'd have thunk it. :)

Less than an hour ago a plane was flown into the FBI/IRS office in Austin. Witnesses say pilot deliberately flew into building. This was apparantly after he burned down his own house. Definitely not terrorism!

Your thoughts?

Although the US Department of Homeland Security was called in to investigate, the consensus was that the crash was an intentional, criminal act – but not a terrorist attack.

“This doesn’t fit Department of Justice guidelines for an act of terrorism,” said Fred Burton, vice president for counterterrorism at global intelligence consultancy Stratfor. “The thing that would be key is if he [Stack] belonged to a group on the domestic terrorism watchlist.”

Last edited:

Your thoughts?

Although the US Department of Homeland Security was called in to investigate, the consensus was that the crash was an intentional, criminal act – but not a terrorist attack.

“This doesn’t fit Department of Justice guidelines for an act of terrorism,” said Fred Burton, vice president for counterterrorism at global intelligence consultancy Stratfor. “The thing that would be key is if he [Stack] belonged to a group on the domestic terrorism watchlist.”

Epic fail for the department of justice

Your thoughts?

i guess that would mean the unibomber isn't a terrorist?

very sad.

very sad.

According to the DOJ nope.

very sad.

According to the DOJ nope.

so according to them, if they're working alone, they aren't a terrorist.

hmmmmmmmmmmm... okie dokie. i suspect they're going to have to update their criteria to characterize angry loons like this as terrorists.

i just heard on the news where he was in major debt and was becoming increasingly violent with his wife. they had some type of dispute on wednesday night and the wife took their kid to a hotel to get away from him for the eve.

We need to expand our definition of what a terrorist is.

Terrorism is a tactic not a political affiliation. Domestic terrorists are a bigger threat in this country than Islamic Terrorists. Look at the KKK, white supremicists, anti abortion groups, anti-government wacko's. These are the groups that have historically comitted acts of terrorism in this country and need to be looked at as big a threat as Muslims

Gibbs later qualified his comment and said he meant it didn't appear to be an international terrorist act but it possibly was a domestic terrorist act.

A single man fighting a corrupt system. Sounds like a hero to me. I find it too extreme a reaction on his part, but is it that hard to understand what he was thinking?

A single man fighting a corrupt system. Sounds like a hero to me. I find it too extreme a reaction on his part, but is it that hard to understand what he was thinking?

I would never describe him as a hero. He gave up and took the coward's route.

Maybe when you kids get out of diapers, you'll understand. What that man did was an incredibly wrong act. Suicide is the crime of the selfish. It is an evil act. God bless the poor wife, daughter, and the families of those hurt. Brutal situation for the survivors.

and yet, many of us share the same exact views about this pig government. I know I do. I think this government is way overboard, and a threat to the citizens.

Dont know enough yet, but seems odd that they can confirm that so quickly...

They always claim it's not terrorism even when it obviously is.

This time an IRS scumbag flew his plane into the building that he used to work in. It's called workplace violence. It is not to make a political statement which seems to be the purpose of terrorism.

Forum List

Back