Not sure where to post this, but Shell gas stations making a come back?

Unless I'm in DIRE straits, the only fuels I put in my car are Shell and BP. That's were I get my best mileage. The cheaper stuff will get me about 10 miles out of a quarter tank of gas.

In FL week before last we were paying $3.49/gal. regardless. Got back home and Shell and BP both were still running the same $3.19/gal. it was when I left. It's gone up a little since then. *sighs*

I quite buying gas at the Huck's C-stores. Way bad mileage with that shit.

Years ago, I interviewed for a job with a local fuel blender/marketer that owns several quickie mart gas stations. I was shown a list of blending agents and one "ingredient" stood out. I'm familiar enough with chemical nomenclature to have recognized it as a combustible yet inert ingredient. I looked at the gal and said "this looks like a 'filler'". She was taken aback but ultimately agreed.

I apologized for taking up her time and told her that I was obviously overqualified.

Years ago, I interviewed for a job with a local fuel blender/marketer that owns several quickie mart gas stations. I was shown a list of blending agents and one "ingredient" stood out. I'm familiar enough with chemical nomenclature to have recognized it as a combustible yet inert ingredient. I looked at the gal and said "this looks like a 'filler'". She was taken aback but ultimately agreed.

I apologized for taking up her time and told her that I was obviously overqualified.

what? and WOW!....... wish you would explain more to us, like I about what you know. I just thought gas was gas.I know about ethanol, but didnt know about a "filler"

what? and WOW!....... wish you would explain more to us, like I about what you know. I just thought gas was gas.I know about ethanol, but didnt know about a "filler"

That was 20 years ago. But yes there are certain compounds that can be blended into fuels that expand volume, yet add little to no combustible properties to gasoline.

As for ethanol, that has got to be one of the single biggest ruses perpetrated upon the American public since the sale of the Brooklyn bridge.

Agriculture has dialed in our number. The numbers don't add up, but we eat the farmers' shit like it was manna from heaven. Farmers are ruthless marketers, spinning off products that eat up tax dollars and return nothing to consumers.

But fear not... for God made a farmer.

That was 20 years ago. But yes there are certain compounds that can be blended into fuels that expand volume, yet add little to no combustible properties to gasoline.

As for ethanol, that has got to be one of the single biggest ruses perpetrated upon the American public since the sale of the Brooklyn bridge.

Agriculture has dialed in our number. The numbers don't add up, but we eat the farmers' shit like it was manna from heaven. Farmers are ruthless marketers, spinning off products that eat up tax dollars and return nothing to consumers.

thanks, but I can not figure out why you are after farmers, I am personaly friends with three corn farmers in Iowa that have 1000's of acres, we go way back like 40 years. they sell mostly to only two places Jim Bean in kentucky and to ethanol now.

thanks, but I can not figure out why you are after farmers, I am personaly friends with three corn farmers in Iowa that have 1000's of acres, we go way back like 40 years. they sell mostly to only two places Jim Bean in kentucky and to ethanol now.

I am after farmers because I am a farmer. An "energy farmer". I extract crude oil from far beneath corn and bean grounds.

Farmers are allowed benefits that are denied me.

Farmers are praised and worshipped, while I am reviled and castigated.

And to that I say fuck you farmers. Fuck the lot of you. To hell.

I don't know if I would damn all the farmers ... we do need them if we want to eat. It's the huge agri-conglomerates that I would fear more. We don't know what the hell they are doing. The local family farms that produce stuff I don't think are so bad.

On the other hand, I don't think companies that drill/dig or whatever for energy resources should be reviled either. We have huge assets in the US that should be tapped. I'm just not so impressed with all this green energy business.

I don't really know what ethanol does for gas, but I think I would rather eat corn than use it as fuel.

We've worked side-by-side with farmers since our company was started over 60 years ago.
Most are great folks, some I wouldn't trust worth a spit.
I suppose the same can be said about anyone.

I am after farmers because I am a farmer. An "energy farmer". I extract crude oil from far beneath corn and bean grounds.

Farmers are allowed benefits that are denied me.

Farmers are praised and worshipped, while I am reviled and castigated.

And to that I say fuck you farmers. Fuck the lot of you. To hell.

lol I get it, but you guys did got alot of glory in the movie "Armageddon"

Well shit, damn, hell. Went through town today to the grocery store and at some point in the last few days the Shell station shut down and the BP station turned into an Exxon station.

I never used that particular Shell station because I think foreigners ran it and they never posted any price signs. Well, I don't think I ever saw any customers in there either. Now the pumps are all covered and I think the place has been made into a car repair place.

My car doesn't like Exxon.

Now I'm going to have to go all the way down to the interstate to get gas. :boohoo:

Now I'm going to have to go all the way down to the interstate to get gas. :boohoo:

Big oil will be happy that you have decided to use even MORE of their product in order to obtain your normal ration of their product.

Well shit, damn, hell. Went through town today to the grocery store and at some point in the last few days the Shell station shut down and the BP station turned into an Exxon station.

I never used that particular Shell station because I think foreigners ran it and they never posted any price signs. Well, I don't think I ever saw any customers in there either. Now the pumps are all covered and I think the place has been made into a car repair place.

My car doesn't like Exxon.

Granny your funny, thats what I was trying to say in my OP. and they think were stupid and dont notice it.

Forum List

Back