Not much difference between being pro-life and pro-choice

Yes, but the end result is still death. My answer isn't the right one.

That should be a personal choice.

I agree. I think I meant no on the previous response.

That's what confuses me about those of you who talk about an early term fetus having it's own life, yet you say you're ok with it being forced to end just because of how the pregnancy came about.

That doesn't really sound like being strictly pro-life in principle to me, tons of gray area.

In cases of rape and incest you still have a child who is innocent being killed. In no way do I discount the pain and agony of the emotions the mother would endure, but all that pain doesn't justify killing a child.

From the moment of conception, if left alone, the combination of egg and sperm is a child. If you stop that, at any point, you're causing a death.

I made it thru 3 full term pregnancies.

But I'm telling you, you get to the teenage years with them and you want to go back in time and smack the crap out of yourself and go "what the hell are you thinking?"

That's what confuses me about those of you who talk about an early term fetus having it's own life, yet you say you're ok with it being forced to end just because of how the pregnancy came about.

That doesn't really sound like being strictly pro-life in principle to me, tons of gray area.

I agree with the gray areas. I'm against abortions but if a woman is forced ie rape, incest, she should have a say. Again, it's still killing and I don't have the right answers.

I assume that you're pro-choice? And against the death penalty?

I think many on both sides of this aisle are conflicted. I hate absolutley hate the thought of a rape victim or a victim of incest being forced to birth a baby. On the other hand, that baby is an innocent.

Think about lawmakers actually having to craft a law that says if you botch up an abortion, you can't put said "aborted" in a hospital closet to die.

I mean we're not talking about just going down a slippery slope. We've hit rock bottom that this had to be legislation.

Abortion is the prime example of a zero compromise issue for some people. It is also similar to the gun control debate, where the side on defense (abortion rights/gun rights people) take a slippery slope attitude to any percived infringement of said right. Some pro choicers see ANY attempt at infringement as having the eventual goal of ending the legality of abortion, and in some cases they are right.

To me it all comes down to the situation. When it comes to physical medical reasons, and non consuensual sex of any stripe, abortion is a legitamate method of correcting the situation.

That being said, abortion used as a form of better late than never birth control is pretty fucked up. A person has many methods of not getting pregnant, and to end a life just because you don't feel like accepting the results of your actions is just asshattery to me.

The big debate will come when we are able to easily quanitfy a fetuses qualities using chromosonal testing. At that point, the question becomes far murkier, for example if a "gay" gene somehow exists, and can be tested for, should aborting said fetus be legal?

Some things are no-compromise because they cannot be compromised on.
How do you compromise on murder? A little murder is OK? Murdering people who are going to die anyway is OK? Everyone gets one free murder?
Once you take the view that a being with a beating heart etc is a person it is hard to dispute that ending that is not murder.
The law says it is too.
If I don't pay attention and hit a pregnant woman and her fetus dies, I will be charged with involuntary manslaughter. If I swerve and miss her and she continue on to her appointment at the abortion clinic, no charges are filed. The result is the same but one case is murder, the other isn't. If that isn't fucked up, I dont know what is.

One rather large difference is this:

The Pro-choice folks do not want to insinuate themselves into other woman's reproductive choices.

The Pro-life folks think they have the right to tell women when to procreate.

That is a rather sigificant difference in my opinion.

I agree with the gray areas. I'm against abortions but if a woman is forced ie rape, incest, she should have a say. Again, it's still killing and I don't have the right answers.

I am against the death penalty. I volunteer (not enough) for the Equal Justice Initiative here in Alabama because of that belief.

The Pro-choice folks do not want to insinuate themselves into other woman's reproductive choices.

Read the whole OP, it'll show why there's not much diff.

Pro-choice folks do want to insinuate themselves into other women's reporductive choices late in the pregnancy, except for the pro-partial birth abortion loons.

Most pro-life folks are ok with women not procreating once pregnant if by rape or incest.

Incorrect, I'm pro-choice, and think the death penalty is way under-utilized.

Are you pro-life and hardcore anti-war?

Per your question, I'm for life and against fighting unless we're attacked. Hope that answers your question.

Pro-choice folks do want to insinuate themselves into other women's reporductive choices late in the pregnancy, except for the pro-partial birth abortion loons.

Most pro-life folks are ok with women not procreating once pregnant if by rape or incest.

Where are you getting these sweeping generalizations about who believes what? Cite to some authority, please.

Per your question, I'm for life and against fighting unless we're attacked. Hope that answers your question.

Yes it did, thank you

Where are you getting these sweeping generalizations about who believes what? Cite to some authority, please.

Abortion

Illegal in all cases=15% in the most recent poll.

That's why i'm avoiding sweeping generalities by using the words "most", "except", etc.

Forum List

Back