Not Just Obamacare: Medicaid, Medicare Also On GOP’s Chopping Block

I also learned something new today about Obamacare and pre-existing conditions from a close friend of mine. Actually, insurance companies can deny coverage for pre-existing conditions to seniors who are over 65 1/2 years old. This was also confirmed by a very knowledgeable insurance agent with Mutual of Omaha. I think it's interesting that this fact has never been publicized. I can't even find anything on the Internet about it.
they can deny insurance to them, because they get Medicare Insurance after 65 1/2 now....

companies used to make insurance part of their retirement packages for employees, but once they reach the age of Medicare qualification...now 65 1/2 yrs old, the retirement packages for the insurance part can be dropped by their employers... maybe this is what your friends are talking about? Also maybe insurance companies no longer have to cover those of Medicare age? I'm not of age and have a little while to get there so I'm not certain....I just remember people of age complaining about it...

Yeah but Medicare isn't that great and many people have to get supplemental insurance.
but I didn't think lakota was talking about a supplemental plan, was he?

Yes, what she is trying to get is supplemental to Medicare.

the taxes should not be cut on the very top 1% yet....there are too many costly things to do.

the top 1% got the bulk of the Bush tax cut money, and those tax cuts came from the social security surplus monies....

the top 1% doesn't pay in to SS taxes on all of their income...and not at all or just near nil, with people like Trump and most all of the very wealthiest....yet they got the Social Security surplus monies that were estimated under the bush regime, in federal income tax breaks.... Our Social Security surpluses, were taken from Social security, and given to them in tax cuts.....

So, it would be wrong to give them ANOTHER tax break, before they pay back the social security surplus money that they stole from us, via the gvt's slight of hand.

Y'all Clinton Bootlickers still don't get it, huh? Ya fired. You're not calling the shots. Trump's got the pen and phone now. Y'all are just gonna have to shut up and hop in the back.

GO TRUMP GO DEPLORABLES! :dance:
Stop being a petulant child.... :rofl:

I have every intention of supporting President Trump, as I have supported every President in my lifetime, regardless of party.

This is a topic that affects everyone, regardless of party, regardless of income, regardless of color....

Looks like ole Hitlery's dishonesty has rubbed off on ya. You will undermine Trump every step of the way. But i don't mind sabotage, i do mind lying about it though. I can't respect that.
I have no intentions of undermining him, as you tried with Obama at every turn...

if I don't like his position or policy, I'll say so to his face, not in any kind of underhanded way...not by making up false naratives, not by spreading lies etc etc etc...you know....not like Republicans! :D

I also learned something new today about Obamacare and pre-existing conditions from a close friend of mine. Actually, insurance companies can deny coverage for pre-existing conditions to seniors who are over 65 1/2 years old. This was also confirmed by a very knowledgeable insurance agent with Mutual of Omaha. I think it's interesting that this fact has never been publicized. I can't even find anything on the Internet about it.

There was your transparent president.

the taxes should not be cut on the very top 1% yet....there are too many costly things to do.

the top 1% got the bulk of the Bush tax cut money, and those tax cuts came from the social security surplus monies....

the top 1% doesn't pay in to SS taxes on all of their income...and not at all or just near nil, with people like Trump and most all of the very wealthiest....yet they got the Social Security surplus monies that were estimated under the bush regime, in federal income tax breaks.... Our Social Security surpluses, were taken from Social security, and given to them in tax cuts.....

So, it would be wrong to give them ANOTHER tax break, before they pay back the social security surplus money that they stole from us, via the gvt's slight of hand.

Y'all Clinton Bootlickers still don't get it, huh? Ya fired. You're not calling the shots. Trump's got the pen and phone now. Y'all are just gonna have to shut up and hop in the back.

GO TRUMP GO DEPLORABLES! :dance:
Stop being a petulant child.... :rofl:

I have every intention of supporting President Trump, as I have supported every President in my lifetime, regardless of party.

This is a topic that affects everyone, regardless of party, regardless of income, regardless of color....

Looks like ole Hitlery's dishonesty has rubbed off on ya. You will undermine Trump every step of the way. But i don't mind sabotage, i do mind lying about it though. I can't respect that.
I have no intentions of undermining him, as you tried with Obama at every turn...

if I don't like his position or policy, I'll say so to his face, not in any kind of underhanded way...not by making up false naratives, not by spreading lies etc etc etc...you know....not like Republicans! :D

Sure thing Hillary. Whatever. :lmao:

Elections have consequences. You're riding in the back now. Trump's the new King, and your his subject. Ya fired kid. :)

It would be nice if some of you deranged NaziCons would stop trying to spam this thread and discuss some of the serious issues it addresses. Hey, if Trump really does have better insurance alternatives - I'm all for it. I'm still concerned about my post #2.

Yeah, he got elected and that happened.

It's all Trump's fault.

or.............

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHH

Elections have consequences. You're riding in the back now. Trump's the new King, and your his subject. Ya fired kid. :)

It would be nice if some of you deranged NaziCons would stop trying to spam this thread and discuss some of the serious issues it addresses. Hey, if Trump really does have better insurance alternatives - I'm all for it. I'm still concerned about my post #2.

Yeah, he got elected and that happened.

It's all Trump's fault.

or.............

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHH

I blame da Globull Warming. :laugh:

they can deny insurance to them, because they get Medicare Insurance after 65 1/2 now....

companies used to make insurance part of their retirement packages for employees, but once they reach the age of Medicare qualification...now 65 1/2 yrs old, the retirement packages for the insurance part can be dropped by their employers... maybe this is what your friends are talking about? Also maybe insurance companies no longer have to cover those of Medicare age? I'm not of age and have a little while to get there so I'm not certain....I just remember people of age complaining about it...

Yeah but Medicare isn't that great and many people have to get supplemental insurance.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, ok...

I know nothing about supplemental.....

you need to reach your State insurance commissioner's office and ask them if they can define the laws covering preexisting conditions and tell them what is going on and they should have all the answers for you, if not, they can redirect you.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, ok...

I know nothing about supplemental.....

you need to reach your State insurance commissioner's office and ask them if they can define the laws covering preexisting conditions and tell them what is going on and they should have all the answers for you, if not, they can redirect you.

Since you have been so kind and have tried to help, let me clarify my friend's situation. She currently has third party Medicare with Humana through her Teachers Association. Since the coverage keeps weakening and she has to fight them for almost everything (to the point of tears and crying), she wants to leave all that and switch to straight Medicare and buy a supplemental policy. That's how she learned today that because she is over 65 1/2 years old (70) - she can be denied supplemental coverage for a pre-existing condition - even though her pre-existing condition was 20 years ago and she was cured. Again, thanks for caring.

Link from a reputable source?
Well if people are eligible for Medicare, why should private insurers have to insure them for pre-existing conditions? Medicare does a lot right (and wrong) but keeping down the cost of HC for working families is one of the good things.

And the gop seems determined to get rid of that.

The GOP is determined to get rid of all programs that benefit average Americans, so that money can be given to the super-rich, as either tax cuts or profits from federal contracts. The idiots in the right wing have proven time and again that they would rather see the middle class destroyed to increase the profits of the fat cats.

The fools elected a billionaire, so now the foxes are truly guarding the hen house.

Don't be the hen. Be the fox.

You moocher folks should ponder that sometime.

You righties are the hens as well, how many of you are billionaires? None. As an individual, you, like all right-wingers are just one of the insignificant pieces of dirt billionaires wipe from their feet, you know, an average American.

The billionaires consider you righties to be moochers, but useful moochers because you unknowingly serve their agenda.

Well if people are eligible for Medicare, why should private insurers have to insure them for pre-existing conditions? Medicare does a lot right (and wrong) but keeping down the cost of HC for working families is one of the good things.

The GOP is determined to get rid of all programs that benefit average Americans, so that money can be given to the super-rich, as either tax cuts or profits from federal contracts. The idiots in the right wing have proven time and again that they would rather see the middle class destroyed to increase the profits of the fat cats.

The fools elected a billionaire, so now the foxes are truly guarding the hen house.

You righties are the hens as well, how many of you are billionaires? None. As an individual, you, like all right-wingers are just one of the insignificant pieces of dirt billionaires wipe from their feet, you know, an average American.

The billionaires consider you righties to be moochers, but useful moochers because you unknowingly serve their agenda.

Don't choose to be the hen. Choose to be the the fox. It'll take an incredible amount of hard work and dedication though. Are you up for it? Good luck and God bless.

I honestly cant disagree with you too much as far as anything you wrote here.
The problem is that the left looks at all of us the same way.
As far as Donald Trump goes, is he right for the job? no by no means do I think he is going to save the country with anything he does. But would Hillary be any better? no, worse actually in my opinion. (MY OPINION)
What Trump does offer that is of value over hillary is that he is not part of the current "establishment" government that we have, voting for him sends a message that we the people are tired of the BS the way it has been going, we want change, we (as in left and right) want our country back, it does not belong to just those suits sitting in washington, it belongs to me, you, the family wondering how they are going to eat tonight while living in some POS government supplied housing. We own and we want it back.
As God is my witness, I honestly think that the people that I describe could do a better job of running the government and a much better job of compromise when it comes to what we want.
I did not vote for Trump expecting every thing to be fixed and perfect in a couple years, I voted for him so that those in government might just start getting the idea that their money grubbing gig is over.

Forum List

Back