Not just automobiles

LOL........my little Focus ST has just short of 400 lb/ft of tourqe........could pull about 5 of those semi's!!
No it couldn't, without heavy mods, you weirdo. Damn, you will say ANYTHING, won't ya?:

I'm the weirdo...........whatever you say s0n!! Except you're the only one on the board who doesn't get the "pull 5 semi's" part was tongue in cheek..........dummy!:bye1: The 390 lb/ft of torque in my Focus is not............on a very lightly modified car.

Go look at sales numbers of EV's vs conventional vehicles..........laughable, the #'s are so lopsided.
But that will change, as tech improves. Obviously. Look in your driveway, and notice it is not a model T or a horse and buggy. Then go think on that for a while.
what Coad fired power plant is going to provide the energy for all those EV's? There was an article about how the millennials will have to choose whether to drive their EV's or charge up their Cells and Comps.....I have been in electronics for quite some time and ancient technology of the Sun and Wind, aint going to cut it.

I have seen ICE cars on fire, also. So what is the big deal. In fact, in wrecks, the Tesla has not had a greater amount of fires than ICE's.
Do you know the safety protocols for battery cars? What the ER's must do not to be electrocuted when trying to save the occupant?
Since that has never happened, why don't you tell me. Looks to me like you are making up situations that don't exist.
I know you rely heavily on the spoon feeding that daily comes from the liberal, lickspittle, lapdog, lame stream media, but if you could pull your head out of your ass once in a while, you might be enlightened. I doubt it though.
Electric and hybrid vehicles
Now you are truly a dumb ass. As a working millwright, I deal daily with far more dangerous energies than these cars will ever have. As does every maintenance person where I work. We have not had a loss time accident in over 15 years. That is a record for a steel mill maintenance department. Such dangers exist in any technical environment.
s a working millwright, I deal daily with far more dangerous energies than these cars will ever have.
Yeah, must be a bitch sitting behind that keyboard all day.

LOL........my little Focus ST has just short of 400 lb/ft of tourqe........could pull about 5 of those semi's!!
No it couldn't, without heavy mods, you weirdo. Damn, you will say ANYTHING, won't ya?:

I'm the weirdo...........whatever you say s0n!! Except you're the only one on the board who doesn't get the "pull 5 semi's" part was tongue in cheek..........dummy!:bye1: The 390 lb/ft of torque in my Focus is not............on a very lightly modified car.
I see. So the only relevant point you managed to eke out of that lump betwen your ears was actually totally false. Gotcha.

I see. So the only relevant point you managed to eke out of that lump betwen your ears was actually totally false. Gotcha.

s0n.......that shit in Fast and the Furious isn't real.....you fucking dope!!:abgg2q.jpg:

So now you like models? LOL China, and now even India, are going into renewables in a big way. And the grid scale batteries have proven themselves with the 100 Mw/hr one in South Australia set to pay for itself in under a year. Proven itself to the point where the state is ordering another one, only 250 Mw/hr.

How Tesla's big battery is bringing Australia’s gas cartel to heel

On Sunday 14 January something very unusual happened.

The Australian Energy Market Operator called – as it often does – for generators in South Australia to provide a modest amount of network services known as FCAS, or frequency control and ancillary services.

This time, though, the market price did not go into orbit and the credit must go to the newly installed Tesla big battery and the neighbouring Hornsdale windfarm.

The call for 35MW of FCAS – usually made when there is planned maintenance or a system fault on the interconnector between Victoria and South Australia – has become a running joke in the electricity market, and a costly one for consumers.

The big gas generators – even though they have 10 times more capacity than is required – have systematically rorted the situation, sometimes charging up to $7m a day for a service that normally comes at one-tenth of the price.

(You can read reports on how they do it here, here and here, and for a more detailed explanation at the bottom of this story.)

The difference in January was that there is a new player in the market: Tesla. The company’s big battery, officially known as the Hornsdale Power Reserve, bid into the market to ensure that prices stayed reasonable, as predicted last year.

Rather than jumping up to prices of around $11,500 and $14,000/MW, the bidding of the Tesla big battery – and, in a major new development, the adjoining Hornsdale windfarm – helped (after an initial spike) to keep them at around $270/MW.

what Coad fired power plant is going to provide the energy for all those EV's?
No coal power plants. Sorry dude, coal is dead.

"coal is dead"............

My favorite part of being part of this forum >> http://naturalgasnow.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/eia-aeo2014-forecast-512x384.png

On a daily basis, you get to make asshats look like asshats.

:113:
Hey dummy...nobody is going to click on that link, read the article you never read and don't understand, then spoonfeed it to you. Sorry.

s0n.......that shit in Fast and the Furious isn't real.....you fucking dope!!:abgg2q.jpg:
Nobody knows what the he'll you are babbling about here, either.

what Coad fired power plant is going to provide the energy for all those EV's?
No coal power plants. Sorry dude, coal is dead.

"coal is dead"............

My favorite part of being part of this forum >> http://naturalgasnow.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/eia-aeo2014-forecast-512x384.png

On a daily basis, you get to make asshats look like asshats.

:113:
Hey dummy...nobody is going to click on that link, read the article you never read and don't understand, then spoonfeed it to you. Sorry.

pwned s0n!!:abgg2q.jpg:

Powering the fans are a series of 250 V lithium-ion polymer batteries made by KOKAM of the Republic of Korea. These batteries are mounted in the inboard section of the wings and carry enough charge for up to one hour of flight and can be recharged in one hour. For those worried about the “recharge” light coming on while up in the air, there’s also a backup battery onboard for emergency landings.

A key technology on the E-Fan is its E-FADEC energy management system, which automatically handles the electrical systems. According to Airbus, this simplifies system controls and, since E-Fan is a trainer, eases the workload of instructors and students.

e-fan-7.jpg

Artist's impression of E-Fan 2.0 and 4.0

A neat little party trick for the E-Fan is it’s undercarriage, which is made up of two retractable wheels fore and aft and two more under the wings. The aft wheel is powered by a 6 kW electric motor, which not only powers the plane while taxiing, but also accelerates it on takeoff to 60 km/h (37 mph), which relieves some of the burden on the flight motors.

E-Fan electric aircraft makes first public flight

As the batteries jump factors in energy density, the EV Aircraft will become common.

Forum List

Back