Not an all-knowing God?

ErikViking

VIP Member
Apr 26, 2006
Stockholm - Sweden
So, Muslims celebrate Ramadan. They only get to eat between sundown and dawn.

It's going to be exiting to watch this event unfold. Over here the sun never sets up north. Right here, now, where I am Muslims still have 10 minutes to eat and pray every 24 hours.

Perhaps it was misleading...

The current event was of course Ramadan. The title was referring to how religion sometimes fails in practice due to reality. I guess the nine month period of Ramadan never considered Muslims living above the 66th parallel.

Perhaps it was misleading...

The current event was of course Ramadan. The title was referring to how religion sometimes fails in practice due to reality. I guess the nine month period of Ramadan never considered Muslims living above the 66th parallel.
Look even if there is zero sun... Doesn't mean God isn't all knowing because it presupposes that an all knowing God would give them time to eat. You making arguments against gods existence or?

No, I just think it is quite funny, the Ramdan is a sort of test of devotion, constructed at a time and place where the current situation could not be forseen.

The titel might be somewhat provokative, not intended. Can't change it though.

No, I just think it is quite funny, the Ramdan is a sort of test of devotion, constructed at a time and place where the current situation could not be forseen.

The titel might be somewhat provokative, not intended. Can't change it though.
Who told you it was a test of devotion? Bah I don't see your point with all this

My point? The point is that religious manifestations might not be as well thought through as believers wish to believe. It is going to be fun to see how this one is going to be altered.

People won't starve to death. I guess they will amend the rules for Ramadan by adding "between sundown and dawn at [important place]."

My point? The point is that religious manifestations might not be as well thought through as believers wish to believe. It is going to be fun to see how this one is going to be altered.

People won't starve to death. I guess they will amend the rules for Ramadan by adding "between sundown and dawn at [important place]."
Seems like your presupposing another thing. What makes you think it's not well thought out? Moses fasted for 40 days and night... And I bet God can make it so people can fast forever.

And I bet Gods intention with Ramadan is going to be re-interpeded when needed.

As for people starving forever, it's a fact. A sad fact.
Stfu. I said God can make it so they can live without food. As for ignoring my point you can join the club of idiots in my shit list. A big shit list

It shows that religion isn't based on the word of god. It's is an invention of man, therefore it's merely based on the experience of their environment.

I'm not too good for any list, thanks!

God can make it so they can live without food, I know. It's only their earthly remains we bury.
wrong. If God can make them live without food then that means they're alive you stupid ass fuck. Now get the fuck out of this thread.

Of course they are alive. I'm agreeing with you!
Not only are they alive, they are in a paradise!

As for the thread, OT, I just heard a suggestion that the capital of the country you live in is to be the norm for the time the sun sets and rises. Quite practical. Also quite safe.

Of course they are alive. I'm agreeing with you!
Not only are they alive, they are in a paradise!

As for the thread, OT, I just heard a suggestion that the capital of the country you live in is to be the norm for the time the sun sets and rises. Quite practical. Also quite safe.
How do you know they're in paradise?

We'll have to investigate this.

But either way, Muslims above the 66'th need not to worry if the suggested interpretation is put to practice.

We'll have to investigate this.

But either way, Muslims above the 66'th need not to worry if the suggested interpretation is put to practice.
66th?
People have fasted for 40 days before. I think theyll be fine. I hope they fail and realize God doesn't love them and abandoned us. Fuck'em

Forum List

Back