Not all poor people are democrat!

LIAR

that is not waht biden said.

He said the monied interests would shackle us again if they could and they would.

Trayvon did NOT deserve to die and only a racist would think he did

Again you are not telling the truth. I didn't say Trayvon deserved to die your distortion of the truth is amazing.

As for Biden, here is what he said:

“Look at what they value and look at their budget and what they’re proposing. Romney wants to let the – he said in the first 100 days he’s going to let the big banks once again write their own rules, ‘unchain Wall Street.’ They’re going to put y’all back in chains,” he said.

Now let us assume Biden was talking about Wall Street, what does that have to do with putting anyone in chains???

Here is Biden's clarification:

Biden and the Obama campaign both later issued clarification of the comment, explaining that he misspoke and intended to use the word “unshackle,” which has been used by the GOP in the past.

So instead of saying, put y'all back in chains, he was going to say unshackle?

“The last time these guys unshackled the economy, to use their term, they put the middle class in shackles. That’s how we got where we are,” Biden said at a subsequent rally in Wyethville, Va.

Exactly how was the middle class put in shackles???? What idiocy.

Now let's read what a black Democrat had to say:

However, some African-American Democrats were not convinced. Former Virginia Gov. Doug Wilder told CNN that “without question” the remark was an appeal to race. Mr. Wilder indicated that he took particular umbrage at the fact that Biden referred to “y’all,” not “us.”

“So he was still involved with that separate America. And I’m sick and tired of being considered something other than an American,” said Wilder.

Maybe Wilder is waking up to the reality of the DNC.

your forgetting the republicans deregulated and we got fucked.

why do you forget that one?

Now why is it you claim blacks are being fooled into voting the way they do?

Not all poor people are dems.

Why do I keep seeing people suggesting otherwise as if it's a fact?

No shit! But most democrats are poor people.

Actually, most poor people don't know shit about politics and only vote because democrat organizers are on the street in the ghetto handing out free shit to anyone who will register - then they push them on a bus to go vote democrat.... Yeah they give them a free lunch and other shit like vouchers along with a lecture on why democrats are good and republicans are bad....

Hell democrats have gone as far as to abduct and force the mentally disabled to vote democrat....

Actually, most poor people don't know shit about politics and only vote because democrat organizers are on the street in the ghetto handing out free shit to anyone who will register - then they push them on a bus to go vote democrat.... Yeah they give them a free lunch and other shit like vouchers along with a lecture on why democrats are good and republicans are bad....

Hell democrats have gone as far as to abduct and force the mentally disabled to vote democrat....

so you dont think poor people should be allowed to vote?

Most democrats are not poor people. Democrats are forcing people to vote dem? Really? So please link me to something that backs up the claim that poor people vote dem.

The origional issue was the idea that dems are "buying votes" and that all poor people are either brainwashed, stupid, or vote dem because they are lazy and don't want republicans to take their assistance away.

I agree, it's not a terrible thing if your supports are poor. However it is terrible to suggest that the poor are all or even mostly, lazy stupid brainwashed democratic sheep.

From http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/us/even-critics-of-safety-net-increasingly-depend-on-it.html
He [Ki Gulbranson] says that too many Americans lean on taxpayers rather than living within their means. He supports politicians who promise to cut government spending. In 2010, he printed T-shirts for the Tea Party campaign of a neighbor, Chip Cravaack, who ousted this region’s long-serving Democratic congressman.

Yet this year, as in each of the past three years, Mr. Gulbranson, 57, is counting on a payment of several thousand dollars from the federal government, a subsidy for working families called the earned-income tax credit. He has signed up his three school-age children to eat free breakfast and lunch at federal expense. And Medicare paid for his mother, 88, to have hip surgery twice.

I think get greatest, one of the greatest, myths is that a large number of people enjoy getting government handouts. This country, white and black, has a culture of self sufficiency. To stereo type- I just think the black community has a little less confidence that money and power in the hands of a few will work out for them over time.

The real political division in America is between people who want minimal government, which works fine in a simple agrarian & pioneering soceity, and people who believe that the responsibilties of government are much greater in a complex industrial soceity.

In an agrarian & pioneering soceity, people can be self-sufficient and live off the land. There is much less need for education and expectations for quality of life are much lower.

In an industrial soceity, everyone is economically inter-dependant. Educational requirements are much higher , as are quality of life expectations. In order for this type of soceity to be survivable, for the vast majority of the people, the government's role has to be expanded. 'Liberalism' was born from industrialization.

Unfortunately, in the U.S. we still have a large portion of our population that have an agrarian & pioneering culture even though we have long ago become a complex industrialized nation. These people, lacking in education or just plain self-centered, are fooling themselves and trying to lead the U.S. to disaster.

This ridiculous situation is because our democracy reacted to the needs of our industrialized soceity and provided for an increased governement role as needed - without immense human suffering or revolution.

Thus, many Americans continue to live in a fantasy world of free liberatarianism - while benefitting from the very government programs that they claim to despise.

:cuckoo:
What's your point?

Nobody said all, however the vast majority are because they get government handouts and free stuff.

Au contraire, most of Ayn Rand's "moochers" vote Republican-----based on "distribution of dependency" of so-called red states vs blue states, Republicans are more likely to benefit from the programs they vote against than Democrats are. But-----but then red states tend to be the least educated states in the USofA :cuckoo:

Moochers Against Welfare

✄snip>

The article made its case with maps showing the distribution of dependency, but you get the same story from a more formal comparison. Aaron Carroll of Indiana University tells us that in 2010, residents of the 10 states Gallup ranks as “most conservative” received 21.2 percent of their income in government transfers, while the number for the 10 most liberal states was only 17.1 percent.

Now, there’s no mystery about red-state reliance on government programs. These states are relatively poor, which means both that people have fewer sources of income other than safety-net programs and that more of them qualify for “means-tested” programs such as Medicaid.

By the way, the same logic explains why there has been a jump in dependency since 2008. Contrary to what Mr. Santorum and Mr. Romney suggest, Mr. Obama has not radically expanded the safety net. Rather, the dire state of the economy has reduced incomes and made more people eligible for benefits, especially unemployment benefits. Basically, the safety net is the same, but more people are falling into it

✄snip>

Government money?

Really? Government money?

Do tell, Where does the government get their money?

He;s a dumbass and dosent realize that those are mostly black folks, who live in.....tada....red states

What's your point?

Nobody said all, however the vast majority are because they get government handouts and free stuff.

There are also many who do NOT get those things.
Likewise many who do get those things are not poor people.
Businesses and corporations have been known to get handouts.

Funny thing is the Right admit that the Libs are the financial achievers when they want to boast about how much more generous CON$ are on less income.
Being generous with other people's money is not generosity. It's liberalism.
Why am I not surprised you are desperately trying to change the subject? Lying about the poor being Liberal leeches is CON$ervoFascism.
If you weren't such a screeching lunatic, you might be interesting to talk with.

yes the poor whites in the south are often republicans.

They are the people you saw holding up signs like "keep your government hands off my medicare"

Well no they aren't. And the GOP hardly has a lock on morons. Do I need to repost the Howard Stern tape of Obama voters?

and yet, howard stern likes the president. go figure. but go ahead and rely on one comedy bit.

voting against one's own interests is stupid...espectially when it's done because of G-d, guns and gays.
This may come as a shock to you, but you don't get to define what's in other people's best interests.

Forum List

Back